Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mrs.oroblanco said:
I know what you mean - there are some people that you just cannot please, no matter what.

B

Once there was a guy that that for 4 or 5 straight days completely drove me up the wall. I was trying to reason with him, but soon knew it was not possible... there's idiot... and then there's totally freakin crazy. Finally a day or so after the emails exchange was over he wrote and said he might have went a little too far because he wasn't on his meds.. He really was crazy! Can you say.... BLOCKED!

Icandigit

Aug 1, 2006
Plymouth,NE
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, X-Terra 70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not trying to argue but it has been more then once. Bought a broken laptop, seller claimed it as shipping damage when it was not, no damage to box. Bought a detector that had been wet and not working when it was listed as mint. Both cases it took almost a month to get my moneyback. It is much quicker if you protest a credit card payment and we have always had it resolved in days. Might work for some people but..... We even have bad checks from people that are years old( the largest is $900.) and can't collect them so there is no good method to get payments other then cash but that is the price of doing business.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Icandigit said:
Not trying to argue but it has been more then once. Bought a broken laptop, seller claimed it as shipping damage when it was not, no damage to box. Bought a detector that had been wet and not working when it was listed as mint. Both cases it took almost a month to get my moneyback. It is much quicker if you protest a credit card payment and we have always had it resolved in days. Might work for some people but..... We even have bad checks from people that are years old( the largest is $900.) and can't collect them so there is no good method to get payments other then cash but that is the price of doing business.

Don't know what to say, and guess it must have to do with what I purchase because I have very few problems. I also might look at it a little different because when I'm busy I pay so much in fees to Ebay, Paypal, shipping, supplies, etc., that a $50 loss means next to nothing. I'll try to recover it if possible, but I burn $50 so quick it would just slow me down thinking about it, or having to deal with it. Now if I'm only selling or buying a few things losing $50 probably ticks me off a little bit more. All in all the system is very good to buyers and just ok sellers, but it's all there is.

SkyPirate

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2009
Raleigh North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had an eBay business selling unlocked mobile phones. they were selling like crazy. My PayPal account went from $100 to $10,000 in a week. Paypal saw this and froze my account and asked me to verify my bank account, address, ID etc. I immediately uploaded the information they asked for and they said it would take a few days to reopen my account. Well a few days went buy and my buyers were asking where there products were. I contacted Payal and they said they did not get my information. I faxed all the info this time. A day later I called to find out what the hold up was and they said they never got the fax. By now my customers were worried that I was a fraud and they got ripped off. I tried to explain the problem to them that PP had froze my account. No one wanted to listen and they all started filing undelivered item disputes with PP and eBay. So now I had to start refunding the money back to the customers. Well, as we all know eBay takes a final value fee right out of the PP account and also the listing fees. Well guess what? I had to refund money to 53 buyers and did not have enough money in the PP account to cover them all because of eBay's fees that they took out. I was on the phone with eBay and PP for months trying to sort it all out. It took me emailing directly to the president of eBay to get my FVFs refunded. It was not my fault the buyers did not get the product and they filed the disputes. It was a huge mess.I had thousands tied up for months. PP never reinstated my account and eBay banned me from opening another account. I had been in excellent standing with eBay since 1999 with 800 feedbacks and a 98% positive rating. I was also in good standing with PP since 2001. Pay pal screwed me bad. They totally ruined my eBay reputation and my business. Even if I could, I would never deal with PayPal again. This has happened to a lot of other people, check out http://www.paypalsucks.com/ I hope you have better luck with them. :icon_pirat:

SkyPirate

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2009
Raleigh North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All paypal users beware...

Buyers can scam you by buying your item and then filing a dispute with PayPal saying that they never received the item. Pay Pal sides with them, automatically deducts the money from your PP account or back up funding source and refunds their money. The buyer never sends the item back to you so you are out the item and the money. It has happened many times Check out www.paypalsucks.com

VERMONTPACKRAT

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2007
Topsham, Vermont
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Garrett ace 250
SkyPirate said:

Buyers can scam you by buying your item and then filing a dispute with PayPal saying that they never received the item. Pay Pal sides with them, automatically deducts the money from your PP account or back up funding source and refunds their money. The buyer never sends the item back to you so you are out the item and the money. It has happened many times Check out www.paypalsucks.com

Always send with a tracking # This way YOU always know where the "product" is.

VPR

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
VERMONTPACKRAT said:
SkyPirate said:

Always send with a tracking # This way YOU always know where the "product" is.

VPR

Exactly. And anyone who doesn't know that I'd question how much they really know about selling on Ebay.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SkyPirate said:

Selling in U.S. only and $3 for a confirmed delivery (USPS) should cure that problem.

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is a good alternative to Paypal?

Certainly not money orders anymore. Even post office money orders are being phonied up. Our store got one of 2000 worth of postal money orders, and all were fake. (they did catch the person that was passing them, but - and here is the kicker on this one - it was on real postal money order paper -).

So, what do you do? Even a credit card can be disputed and the money taken back from you. I, as a buyer, cancelled a credit card payment because I did not get the product - but, if I wasn't honest, I could have just made that up.

Even tracking isn't really a good safeguard. USPS sends things to the wrong places and cannot find them, Fedex and UPS will deliver to the post office, anyone can sign for the package (which is what ended up happening in my case), and it does not have to be the real person. We actually had a gun delivered to the wrong place - by UPS - that was a panic situation - for sure! But, someone signed Roy's name, and UPS said - Hey, we delivered it.

So, what can you do to protect a sale, and/or a buy. (besides making sure that the people have a good - LONG, feedback section.

B

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mrs. O,
Two of the banks in my hometown (both are branches of 2 different, large banks) have stopped selling money orders. M.O.s are still available at the post office and at least 2 other businesses in town, but............BANKS stopped selling them. Man, that is wicked. :laughing7:

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you blame them?

These things can be copied so easily - our bank does not do money orders - Neither does the Wells Fargo out here. The best you can get is a bank draft (certified check), and nobody wants to take those either.

Its getting bad.

B

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SkyPirate said:
I had an eBay business selling unlocked mobile phones. they were selling like crazy. My PayPal account went from $100 to $10,000 in a week. Paypal saw this and froze my account and asked me to verify my bank account, address, ID etc. I immediately uploaded the information they asked for and they said it would take a few days to reopen my account. Well a few days went buy and my buyers were asking where there products were. I contacted Payal and they said they did not get my information. I faxed all the info this time. A day later I called to find out what the hold up was and they said they never got the fax. By now my customers were worried that I was a fraud and they got ripped off. I tried to explain the problem to them that PP had froze my account. No one wanted to listen and they all started filing undelivered item disputes with PP and eBay. So now I had to start refunding the money back to the customers. Well, as we all know eBay takes a final value fee right out of the PP account and also the listing fees. Well guess what? I had to refund money to 53 buyers and did not have enough money in the PP account to cover them all because of eBay's fees that they took out. I was on the phone with eBay and PP for months trying to sort it all out. It took me emailing directly to the president of eBay to get my FVFs refunded. It was not my fault the buyers did not get the product and they filed the disputes. It was a huge mess.I had thousands tied up for months. PP never reinstated my account and eBay banned me from opening another account. I had been in excellent standing with eBay since 1999 with 800 feedbacks and a 98% positive rating. I was also in good standing with PP since 2001. Pay pal screwed me bad. They totally ruined my eBay reputation and my business. Even if I could, I would never deal with PayPal again. This has happened to a lot of other people, check out http://www.paypalsucks.com/ I hope you have better luck with them. :icon_pirat:

You're losing me. You get 10k in sales in a week, and paypal does nothing more than place a hold on the cash to make sure you are legit... so why not send the phones to prove it and get paid! There's only one reason someone would need the cash before mailing the items, and that's because they still needed to buy them, and that is not the way it works when you sell on Ebay.

Also, if done correctly to undo the transactions the most you'd be out is possibly the small listing fee. (don't think that one is refunded)

The system is not to blame here yet again. Trust me I have a hate for it the odd time but it's the buyer or seller I want to punch and not the Paypal rep.

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please forgive me - when it comes to mobile phones, blackberries, etc., I am a novice.

What is the purpose of an "unlocked mobile phone"? And, what's the difference between that and a locked one?

B

Oh, one other question - how come you didn't verify your address and bank account, etc., back when you first had the account? That may be the difference in your problem - our info was verified from the first time we used the account - they sent a message, asked us to log on to Paypal, and voila! We were verified. When we moved, we had to reverify our address, but, again - an email, and that was it - we went to the site and verified it.

dirt diva

Jul 4, 2008
ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
CZ 7 pro quick silver CZ 70 pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have also had trouble with paypal.Identity STOLEN >:(.Would like to become charter member of t-net
but refuse to use paypal.I emailed on the feed back section of t-net for other ways to pay for membership but no response.Does anyone know if other forms of payment are excepted??
Thanks

dirt diva

Jul 4, 2008
ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dirt diva said:
I have also had trouble with paypal.Identity STOLEN >:(.Would like to become charter member of t-net
but refuse to use paypal.I emailed on the feed back section of t-net for other ways to pay for membership but no response.Does anyone know if other forms of payment are excepted??
Thanks

Bump! Still want to buy charter mem.
any info?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dirt diva said:
dirt diva said:
Thanks

Bump! Still want to buy charter mem.
any info?

Dirt Diva,

My apologies for not seeing your replies.....Go to this thread, http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,296159.0.html

It explains how to do it with out using paypal. If you still have a problem, IM me if you wish and I can do it for you...

dirt diva

Jul 4, 2008
ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you Treasure Hunter :notworthy:
Will join right :thumbsup: now

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dirt diva said:
Thank you Treasure Hunter :notworthy:
Will join right :thumbsup: now

Diva, welcome to Charter Membership, thanks for your support and for joining. :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread