AMERICAN PICKERS

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just druel over all the hot spots they walk over... From the house to the barn and so forth..."Frankie","Frankie","Over hear...! I got a dollar single".there in all the hot spots...They have some one doing there research for them. Just think on what they're missing."Mike"...you don't have sh@T in the barn...But I found this walking liberty over here...

Coin Digger

Jul 13, 2008
Williams County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic 3 SL
Fisher F2
Bounty Hunter Platinum
Whites XLT
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Love that show.

Wish I could could just go up and knock on doors as easily as they do.

treasurehound

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2008
Morristown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I love that show too as well as Pawn Stars.

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like pickers but when you look at the cost of a road trip with the gas, food, lodging, time spent etc., it doesn't look like they would clear enough to break even. The only thing they have going for them is "selling" the show itself. Granted, "sometimes" they make a good score but, when you buy a sign for $40 and sell it for $100, it's just not worth it considering the time and effort spent. Fun to watch though.

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
She's kinda cute but she has a tramp stamp on her chest, not just her behind. Looks like someone scribbled all over her with a tattoo gun.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think Danielle is an allright person, but for the life of me I can't figure why anyone expecially a female would want all that crap on their bodies? Where I live those tattoos are considered undesirable and usually are found on hard ridden biker chicks. She must be married to a tattoo artist? I like the show, but I agree they don't make much money for all the overhead the have. And you have to know that all those house calls are pre set up or else how could they be filmed driving onto someone's property? Same goes for the Pawn Stars. Have you noticed that when the show is being taped there aren't any other customers there and none of the other help is being seen. Also there is a big guy at the door not letting anyone in. But I am not faulting them and I know it has to be done that way. Monty

Kiwijohn

Dec 10, 2008
New Zealand
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 705 Excalibur 1000 Garrett Pro Pointer
I like the show.....if only for the interesting stuff that turns up and the chance
to see the often bizarre, but always interesting people, that collect and squirrel
away things.
I watch with the understanding that nothing happens in a "reality' TV show that has
not been scripted and probably rehearsed beforehand.
For all that I like about the show, I find the skinny one, is that Mike? to be the most
irritating and patronising person on TV.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, Mike is the skinny one and has the most irritating nasal laugh that I've heard in a looooong time. As far as Danielle is concerned, now that she's lost a couple of pounds, she's looking pretty dang good..............even with the tats. I'd like to follow the lines and see where they lead. :tongue1:

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That and Pawn Stars are the only shows I bother watching anymore. :icon_thumleft:

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kinda interesting programs. Monty don't get out much. Where he lives that tramp stamp is very common, and not just biker chicks. Or Cranksters. Apparently a large portion of the population finds them desirable, as the Oklahoma legislature finally legalized tattoo parlors not too long back. For what purpose I do not know, unless unless your politicians were tired of their kids havin to drive to Texas to get tattooed and all marked up.

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like that show also. Love to see what they will turn up next. It just like when I go garage saleing to see what I can fine cheap and then make a profit on.....Matt

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
I just wonder what those people that they bought things from, think about the show

OP
OP
L

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tramp Stamp... what! every buddy brings up a good point,but this one one camera coast 25.000to50.000 alone and I mite be wrong on that fig er....I was watching dirty jobs and they lost a camera in an accident and when barski said the price, I all most fell out of my chair.,and any thing that's edited leaves room for staging....So I would think there being payed for there troubles No!maybe not at first.But someone noticed what there doing, or there all ready rich and it's some then do to kill time. thanks for all your thought and comment liftloop

P.B. and Dylan

Dec 9, 2008
Berks Co. PA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV & GC1023
They have to do a much higher volume then what you see on the show in order to survive. Now that they have a show I'm sure they are also payed by the history channel. I wonder if the "show" compensates people for the difference between what Frank and Mike payed for it and the actual value, just so they don't get a bad rep..
It is one of my favorite shows on right now along with antiques roadshow, something about pawn stars just rubs me the wrong way.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh, I get out more than you think. Some of the tats don't look bad on a young lady such as a star or dolphin, etc, but those big ones on their butts that show when they bend over don't do much for me. I can't imagine my grandmother with a tattoo of Jesus on her chest! ::) Tatooing was finally legalized in Oklahoma much like booze by the drink was legalized several years ago. Couldn't be enforced and there was a black market tattoo parlor on evey corner. Now they license and regulate them and inspect them for health reasons as it should be. Monty

P.S. My youngest son has three big tattoos and I still don't care for them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread