OP
Ray S ECenFL

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
Just to let you know that at least one park that had the no metal detecting sign has been changed. It no longer says no metal detecting. Not sure when they changed it, but it has been done. So far, I have not had any problems with any of the county park employees. So far so good. :toothy4:

okiemayor

May 2, 2012
Lake Texoma
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter 101
Whites Quantum II,White's beach hunter,
Bounty hunter lone star
5 other brands not used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Way to go Ray I use to live in Melbourne and have been thinking about comng back I have been watching this post for some time. I use to go up to the big Daytona hunt and down to the Tcas hunt in Walbasso sure do miss all the fun its a differnt lift here in Oklahoma and Texas lots to hunt but know the laws. Keep up the great work and hope to hunt that way someday

Papa Bear

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2011
Western Territories
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Teknetics G2, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
This is the same as the BLM (Big Land Monster) out West making areas, no shooting areas.....Really? Its public land, therefore it is mine.......IRS, BLM, DOJ, ....They all need their wings clipping back to the second joint.......

okiemayor

May 2, 2012
Lake Texoma
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter 101
Whites Quantum II,White's beach hunter,
Bounty hunter lone star
5 other brands not used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
The people of this Great Nation need to come together nd stomp out Big Goverment, My grandfather use to tell me There was another war of the states and people coming to this Nation and I'm starting to see it People are tired of miss run goverment miss handling of our money and tired of just getting stepped on by washington the day is not far off

MongoLloyd

Mar 20, 2012
Mendocino County, CA
Detector(s) used
NEW DETECTOR: Minelab CTX-3030
Garrett AT Pro w/ Black Widow headphones; Garrett Pro-point; Lesche digger; "The Bomb #2" Sheath
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Based on the many, many cases to hit the national news, Florida should spend its time making laws to prohibit child molestation and prescription drug trafficking. Oh. Wait. They already have those laws. They are too busy monitoring parks for random idiots that don't fill in their holes, instead of enforcing laws that are already on the books. The bottom line is, prosecuting baby rapers and drug traffickers doesn't PAY. Fining people searching for coins... that has the potential to pay.

Where I am at, the law protects marijuana farmers to the nth degree, even if they trespass on land, and clear-cut a hillside of trees down. Yet, the moment I even think about exceeding the speed limit, I am just about guaranteed to get a traffic ticket. Prosecuting criminal trespass, property destruction, and marijuana cultivation with intent to sell... that doesn't pay. Traffic tickets? They pay.
I have little respect for the law anymore.

"Big government" is not the problem. A fascist government, bought and paid for by those who can afford it, THAT is the problem. That is the government Ike warned about in his "military-industrial complex" speech, which Kennedy sought to correct, and which Nixon clearly illustrated beyond any doubt. All societies need government. Government is not a problem. The problem, as always, comes down to money and influence.

Night Stalker

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recently left Panama City Beach area and ALL parks, schools, churches are off limits to MD's - shallow water and beach recovery using electronic devices has been prohibited also. Before I left, my hobby was restricted to my own yard, friends places and private property (with permission). Florida has gone insane imo...glad I'm gone.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
This is a side story, but there is a reason for it...

I sail along Florida's west coast. We also anchor and spend time in various locations. The City of Marco Island enacted an ordinance banning anchoring, with a bunch of stipulations, within the city limits. They were trying to keep us out of the city and perhaps push us into Marina's so they could collect more revenue.

ONE brave sailor anchored in direct violation of the new ordinance. He dared the local cops to arrest him.

The city sent the police. He was given several warnings. His response was, "Arrest me."

They didn't place him under physical arrest. (I think the investigating officers knew the ordinance was BS) They cited him instead, but that was enough to get the matter into a court.

The case ended up in court and the city of Marco Island took a beating for enacting illegal/unlawful ordinances.

It was a victory for ALL boaters. The city's are now installing 'mooring fields' forcing us to tie up to the buoy and pay. They are outlawing anchoring near the mooring fields and some cities are trying to outlaw anchoring within the city limits. (St. Augustine Fl) Anchoring is free- city's don't like it.

Why do I bring this up?

I've been told before that I'm not allowed to be 'detecting where I was. I know what the law said and that the Park Ranger's jurisdiction did not extend out as far as he thought.

I told him to arrest me then, or leave me alone. I kept detecting. He said he was going for his supervisor. I told him to just call the local police too. Never saw anyone after that.

I'm a retired Deputy so I know a little about how the law works. If it's not posted, and it's not on the books as being against the law- That's my answer to them, Arrest me then... That pretty much shuts them up.

If I get arrested or cited- so be it. I'll start the fight if I'm right. I tired of being stepped on.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread