Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
I did that quarter trick when I was working underground in a coal mine . Crap in a travel path , sprinkle it with white rock
dust (ground limestone that covered everything for fire suppression) and place a shiney quarter on top . Some greedy baxard would come along and grab a handful of it every time .

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I did that quarter trick when I was working underground in a coal mine . Crap in a travel path , sprinkle it with white rock
dust (ground limestone that covered everything for fire suppression) and place a shiney quarter on top . Some greedy baxard would come along and grab a handful of it every time .
Thats terrible lol. I did something similar because I didnt appreciate another deer hunter hunting my area. I waited till I had a huge load. Then I took a dump right in the middle of the trail back. I even surprised myself at the huge pile. .I covered it carefully with leaves and positioned a huge log just right so he would have to step over it and land full weight directly on the leaves.
It worked better than I expected and he never came back. Took him a long time to clean his shoes with a stick.

But back to the question. Usually one dump in the morning and Im good to go all day. But just in case I always carry T paper and luckily I have never been so sick yet where I couldnt wait or find a place to go in the woods.

My buddy however has a problem. When he needs to go he needs to pull over quick. I feel bad for him but I guess its part of aging..

If its really a problem you could buy a van and use a portapotty?

Last edited:

Xhunter911

Mar 28, 2012
Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett freedom III coin commander
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just hold it in like a little kid!!

OP
OP
heepiepow

heepiepow

Aug 27, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You sound like a person that leads a pampered life...or maybe you need to get a hobby closer to home...

ROFL!

The "depends" suggestion from many seems very reasonable, if not incredibly embarrasing. And the banana suggestion too. I know prunes and such are supposed to keep you regular but when detecting three miles from a bathroom it would sure be nice to eat foods to keep you, uh, hell--me constipated.

Haha at the quarter trick, that's some nasty and smelly business! :occasion14:

OP
OP
heepiepow

heepiepow

Aug 27, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Yep, really. Maybe my GI tract is more faulty than others (and I've in the past had some serious problems with it), but that plus the combination of not having a car does make me carefully consider ideal pooping areas when considering areas to walk for an hour or so to detect. Not a joke thread, and I thank everyone for the tips.

OP
OP
heepiepow

heepiepow

Aug 27, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Come to think of it, I can't think of a site I haven't bombed. I draw the line at urban homesites. I have even gone on the beach :( and in the woods of Bentonville NC. How bad do I love this hobby? You judge.

You and TerryC are my pooping heroes.

Heh, small praise I guess. Or big praise depending on the poop. :laughing9:

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Yep, really. Maybe my GI tract is more faulty than others (and I've in the past had some serious problems with it), but that plus the combination of not having a car does make me carefully consider ideal pooping areas when considering areas to walk for an hour or so to detect. Not a joke thread, and I thank everyone for the tips.
You dont have a car?

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I sympathise. Some of us are cursed with GI problems and I'm one. It's a HUGE limiting factor to detecting.

No, I don't want to change my hobby, been doing it since the early 80's when my body functioned normally.

What works for me is not eating the morning I decide to hunt and taking a couple antidiarreals. I take some generic form so they don't cost alot. I drink a couple cups of coffee first thing which helps me clean out and the antidiarreals bind things up good. If you do want to eat something, try just toast. Avoid eating late the night before. Give your system a chance to digest and process so your morning will be semiregular.

Don't eat prunes!!! People eat them to loosen up, not regulate.

And something to consider with your condition....maybe get checked for Celiac's disease. It plays havoc with the digestive system. They estimate 1 in 100 americans suffer from it and don't know it. It's heridetary so if one of your parents had gastro problems, that could be an indicator for you. Celiac's is an intolerance of gluten which affects your small intestines. Gluten comes from wheat products. Celiacs affects mostly people of European decent and some countries test babies right after birth for it, it is that common.
I'm in the process of eliminating all gluten foods from my house and I am feeling a lot better.

A simple blood test could confirm the condition but just be aware that sometimes there is a false negative to the test and a biopsy may be needed for a more accurate diagnosis.

I learned of this from a flaming red-headed nurse when being discharged from the hospital a few years ago. She was full Irish and when I told her of my dad and now me, she just smiled and explained the whole thing to me. I also told her while I was on the Adkin's diet how great I felt. Well wouldn't you know....the Adkin's diet has NO wheat foods. But being the stubborn old fool that I am and liking various foods, I just grinned and bared it.
Now after a few years have passed, I'm ready to give it up. Slowing converting just to rid the house of all wheat based products.

One other warning...If you do have Celiac's, once you go glutin-free, you'll never be able to go back or you'll get much sicker.

Wish ya the best,
Al

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Try to buy a car you wont feel so helpless. I would hate to be stuck somewhere without transportation.

OP
OP
heepiepow

heepiepow

Aug 27, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
deepskyal--thanks for the advice and info! Don't think I have ciliac or other serious GI disease, though I'll ask my mom. My situation is pretty variable day-to-day, and quite likely indeed due to what I eat, though maybe indeed an underlying disorder. My sister has or had some kind of GI problem, hmm. But I also don't tend to "work it out" in the morning as you suggest, but rather head out ASAP. I'll try in the future to wait a bit, and pay attention to the effects of certain foods. Best of luck and Happy Hunting to you too!

You dont have a car?

No, as I thought I'd explicitly said in my original post. My working car had to be junked a few years ago as it failed California's fascist smog inspection, and since I'm on disability and due to other issues I haven't been able to afford a new one. But thanks for the suggestion. I'll try harder to get a car from now on.

kdbarker

Greenie
Dec 1, 2005
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Best thread yet!
Maybe someone can come up with an "Emergency Evacuation Kit" for metal detecting/prospecting/treasure hunting and sell them on The Precious Metals Marketplace website under Prospecting, subcategory "OTHER" or even "Kits/Package Deals"...:icon_thumleft:

Last edited:

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife has Crohn's, so this really could be a serious subject. and actually has presented a problem before when she is with me detecting.
However, my idea is good for heavily populated parks and urban areas while detecting... you need to carry a 5 gal finds bucket with you, in it i'd have my tp, and an extra large rain poncho (xl-the added length is for privacy), put on poncho, drop your drawers, sit on bucket, make a deposit, wipe and presto, the next person who asks "did you find anything?" you can safely say, "naaa, just a bunch of crap" and present them with your find of the day.

Last edited:

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread