Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Banner Finds being given out alot more now on new forum??

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Searcher View Post
    I bet if you google Treasure (which I haven't) I bet a $10,000 modern ring doesn't come up.

I think I'll google "what's that suppose to mean" instead.
    bigscoop and bazinga like this.

Charter Member
    um
    Jul 2004
    Broward Co.
    Tesoro Sand Shark, Whites M6
    2209 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    I'm not naming names but there is one particular banner find that I find confusing in many aspects as to why it is there. Value (in respect to condition), rarity (not), very new member, very small amount of posts at time of banner. It shouldn't be too hard to figure out. While we're at it, where are the guidelines for banner consideration located at now? I can't seem to find them. I thought I knew my way around this place pretty good now, I guess not.
    In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is King.

Charter Member
    us
    treasurelagoon.wordpress.com

Jun 2010
    East Coast Florida
    An older blue Excal with connector, remote, Skullie headphones, and various coils. Got rid of the rest of my machines.
    2577 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    I think you confusing Rare with Valuble.
    This is a "Treasure Hunting Site".....not a "History Hunting Site"...it is not "HistoryNet"...it is "TreasureNet". Grab your dictionary, look up "treasure". I believe you will find it defined as being something like; riches, wealth, valuable, etc. I don't think it will say; "Only historically significant items". I think you are the one who is a bit confused. Perhaps after you've looked up the dentition of treasure and spent years on end metal detecting beaches without finding a $10'000 ring you would understand the flaw in your comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Patch View Post
    I think I'll google "what's that suppose to mean" instead.
    Should have said google treasure images.

Quote Originally Posted by bigscoop View Post
    This is a "Treasure Hunting Site".....not a "History Hunting Site"...it is not "HistoryNet"...it is "TreasureNet". Grab your dictionary, look up "treasure". I believe you will find it defined as being something like; riches, wealth, valuable, etc. I don't think it will say; "Only historically significant items". I think you are the one who is a bit confused. Perhaps after you've looked up the dentition of treasure and spent years on end metal detecting beaches without finding a $10'000 ring you would understand the flaw in your comments.
    Back off numpty...this is a discussion not a war,,jees

Mar 2012
    102 times
    No need to call names SS. Like you said this is a discussion. I just lost quite a bit of respect for you. Not that it matters.

Charter Member
    us
    treasurelagoon.wordpress.com

Jun 2010
    East Coast Florida
    An older blue Excal with connector, remote, Skullie headphones, and various coils. Got rid of the rest of my machines.
    2577 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    No war intended.....just saying.....by definition treasure is treasure regardless of the item's history. If all a guy does is beach hunt and he is lucky enough to ever find a very valuable ring......"BANNER" for him due to his area of personal treasure hunting interest. You said you don't beach hunt, or specifically ring hunt, but a great many beach "treasure hunters" do.

I bet if you google Treasure (which I haven't) I bet a $10,000 modern ring doesn't come up.

I did, that is where my quote come from....

treasure is defined as "wealth or riches stored or accumulated, especially in the form of precious metals, money, jewels, or plate. often one which is considered lost or forgotten until being rediscovered."

Here are more from more sourses...

Noun: A quantity of precious metals, gems, or other valuable objects.

n.
    1. Accumulated or stored wealth in the form of money, jewels, or other valuables.
    2. Valuable or precious possessions of any kind.
    3. One considered especially precious or valuable.

a (1) : wealth (as money, jewels, or precious metals) stored up or hoarded <buried treasure> (2) : wealth of any kind or in any form : riches b : a store of money in reserve
    2: something of great worth or value; also : a person esteemed as rare or precious
    3: a collection of precious things
    Why has your reply come up as if I posted it. Oh I see you edited my post...moderater priveliges.
    Last edited by Silver Searcher; Apr 12, 2012 at 06:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 2screwed View Post
    No need to call names SS. Like you said this is a discussion. I just lost quite a bit of respect for you. Not that it matters.
    Yea you right...it doesn't matter.

Charter Member
    us
    *************** WHAT YOU DO WITH THE FINDS YOU DIG UP IS YOUR BUSINESS AND NO ONE ELSES, IGNORE ANYONE ON A SOAPBOX TRYING TO PREACH OTHERWISE! **************

Jul 2006
    Orlando, Fl
    Minelab_ETrac Minelab_Safari Minelab_Excal_1500_WOT Excal_SEF_12x15 Sovereign GT Whites_6000_XL_Pro Whites_Classic_ID Troy_Shadow_X2 Tesoro_Conquistador Fisher_1235X Whites_Beach ID
    8366 times
    Why has your reply come up as if I posted it. Oh I see you edited my post...moderater priveliges.
    No SS, I was quoting you I evidently hit the wrong post, I have corrected it in my original post... I would not edit anyones posts unless it breaks Treasurenet rules....

I did google Treasure and below is what comes up....

treasure is defined as "wealth or riches stored or accumulated, especially in the form of precious metals, money, jewels, or plate. often one which is considered lost or forgotten until being rediscovered."
    Here are more from more sourses...
    Noun: A quantity of precious metals, gems, or other valuable objects.

n.
    1. Accumulated or stored wealth in the form of money, jewels, or other valuables.
    2. Valuable or precious possessions of any kind.
    3. One considered especially precious or valuable.

a (1) : wealth (as money, jewels, or precious metals) stored up or hoarded <buried treasure> (2) : wealth of any kind or in any form : riches b : a store of money in reserve
    2: something of great worth or value; also : a person esteemed as rare or precious
    3: a collection of precious things

HERE IS THE THING ABOUT RIGHTS, THEY'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE VOTED ON, THAT IS WHY THEY CALL THEM RIGHTS!

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." --Samuel Adams

MY LIBERTY AND FREEDOMS ARE NOT YOURS TO GIVE OR TAKE!.......THEY DIDN'T MAKE US FREE, WE WERE BORN FREE, AS LONG AS WE HAVE THE 2ND AMENDMENT WE WILL REMAIN FREE!

CLICK LINK BELOW TO READ OUR RULES..

TreasureNet.com Rules

us
    May 2010
    Va
    E-Trac (retired) CTX3030, Double Eagle
    50 times
    Where do you live that everyone is wearing $10,000 rings? I don't know anyone that has a $10,000 ring.

Charter Member
    us
    IT COULD BE A VALUABLE PRIZE "YOU NEVER KNOW"

Nov 2006
    N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
    ** I use only top name brand detectors *****
    1113 times
    ANY TYPE OF TREASURE HUNTING THAT PUTS MONEY IN MY POCKET
    Well in my case i would never get a banner ...... The reason is i never show or tell of my find's...... I know what i find and that is all that matters to me....... In my world my find's are my own business and no one elses .... Now if i was a dealer that would be a different story...... I would post my good finds and say i found this with this brand of detector...... Then i would hope you would buy that brand of detector from me.......... But since i am not a dealer no one needs to know what i find.....
    "...Let no one know what,were or when..."

us
    Apr 2012
    White's Coinmaster
    3 times
    Wow. Are people really looking that hard for something to complain about?

I'd much rather see new thumbnails up top, as long as they are worthy, to read about. Seeing the same 15 for six months or so would be, well, a bit boring.

Just my .02. That and 4 bucks will get you a regular coffee at Starbucks.
    ryaan21 likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    *************** WHAT YOU DO WITH THE FINDS YOU DIG UP IS YOUR BUSINESS AND NO ONE ELSES, IGNORE ANYONE ON A SOAPBOX TRYING TO PREACH OTHERWISE! **************

Jul 2006
    Orlando, Fl
    Minelab_ETrac Minelab_Safari Minelab_Excal_1500_WOT Excal_SEF_12x15 Sovereign GT Whites_6000_XL_Pro Whites_Classic_ID Troy_Shadow_X2 Tesoro_Conquistador Fisher_1235X Whites_Beach ID
    8366 times
    Same arguement pops up ever so often here, I have seen basically this same thread on here at least 4 times over the last 6 years.........

HERE IS THE THING ABOUT RIGHTS, THEY'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE VOTED ON, THAT IS WHY THEY CALL THEM RIGHTS!

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." --Samuel Adams

MY LIBERTY AND FREEDOMS ARE NOT YOURS TO GIVE OR TAKE!.......THEY DIDN'T MAKE US FREE, WE WERE BORN FREE, AS LONG AS WE HAVE THE 2ND AMENDMENT WE WILL REMAIN FREE!

CLICK LINK BELOW TO READ OUR RULES..

TreasureNet.com Rules

us
    Mar 2009
    NY
    324 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Ok here is my thoughts on the Banner. First there seems to be no rules any more about making the Banner and maybe there wasn't before. But I do know that you use too have a good many post before you were allowed too make the Banner. Now it seems like you can make it on your first post. So now the one hit wonders that come on and post great things just to play games will make the Banner. New members have made it now, so why not them. As far as rare , valuable etc. i am all for any kind of treasure making the Banner. I believe what hasn't been said is that the diamond rings are still being lost everyday, the older ancient coins and relics are no longer being lost, that too me is the only differance between the two, but they are both treasures. Rare also comes in all differant forms, take the Tiffany saucer I found last week. I have not seen too many tiffany items dug by anyone, so too me that is a rare event. What makes it more rare is the fact that I myself which doesn't always do took the time to dig a signal that blew out my ear drums which most all of us would not have dug. I don't know what made me do it, but it did pay off. Now i do have too say is that Tiffany saucer Banner worthy I didn't think so, but I do know it was rare too dig one up. So the moral of the story is treasure comes in all forms as well the find being rare.

While I am on a roll I have always felt that we should have a Banner just for days that some one has a heck of a day digging, but yet doesn't have that one super find too make the Banner. Yet if you took the overall quality of all the finds a person made in their days hunt the sum of them would blow many Banner finds away.

Ok note too all above was just my thoughts and not typed too get in any fights.

Bubba65

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors