Joe hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2013
Up state NY
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus ,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea I even looked under them thinking geo cache I think I might do a more extensive search but it is a bit of a hike

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
"clue" ? clue for what? Looks like someone dumped some rocks by a tree. Ok .... and that is supposed to mean what for purposes of metal detecting ?

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
people left all sorts of clues back in the day when banks were not trusted or people couldn't get to them. I would dig a little bit, there may be something just out of reach of your detector. Good Luck........and leave no rock unturned!!!!

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In upstate NY, there are many rocks and farmers would toss them in piles or make fences of them........that the rocks are piled near an old, large tree would support this as an explanation......
Good idea to scan with MD, but lacking something else, I would forget it.......

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In Minnesota - Farm country, the farmers pick up the rocks and lay them out of the way as near as possible to the field......the less work the better, this small group of rocks would not have been hauled from a field into the woods and left by a tree. It just doesn't make any sense - If I were you Joe - I would check it out a bit further, you never know and that's what treasure hunting is all about. Another clue could be the type of tree it is. Cache's are usually buried by the largest tree, or an odd looking tree so people could remember. This tree is very odd looking. Good Luck and have fun!

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also, check the hole in the tree :icon_thumleft:

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You never know how people could have marked a certain area where something good could be buried.Don't let the negative Neds keep you from searching further and good luck!

OP
OP
Joe hunter

Joe hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2013
Up state NY
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus ,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What? No. It's a "certain sign of treasure". haha.

Thomas your friendly nature and positive attitude always shines through in your feed back.your lack of sarcasm and sincerity always brighten my day.
Ps not much farm land on top of this hill

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
What do you mean by .....geo cache.... i think you mean just cache .... All you people coming out with this .... geo crap word .....WHY.... It is not geo cache .... The right word is just plain...cache.....

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Now what is every thing going to be..geo..Geo house , geo car.. geo this , geo that ,??????????

OP
OP
Joe hunter

Joe hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2013
Up state NY
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus ,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now what is every thing going to be..geo..Geo house , geo car.. geo this , geo that ,??????????

I said that because my brother does this geo cache thing on the Internet they go from place to place using there GPS to find weird crap they hide I have stumbled upon them in the past while hunting

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
According to my "Encyclopedia of Treasure Signs" that one says King Solomon's Mines are 7,835 miles to the East.

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
I would have to totally agree with ringfinder on the fact that farmers wont haul rocks into the woods, I spent most of the last 15 years living on farmland, and always they pile them on the headlands, or fence rows, taking them into the woods, well thats just silly, farmers barely have enough time in the day to pick rocks, let alone cart them any farther then needed...course I picked them for free, and have one helluva nice puddingstone collection from doing so :D

I say get your shovel out and go dig that spot Joe Hunter, under them rocks, if nothing else could have been part of a old foundation, virgin ground Num Num..tasty lol.
Dont listen to the naysayers, they just want to get it for themselves.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Perhaps get a probe also. A long metal pole, of sorts, test the ground around it, is it hard compacted, soft sandy, mushy, etc,
then check by your tree. also, if you can dowse, take some rods with you, see if ya get anything.
If you sink the rod a foot or two, and get a "clink" sound, break out the shovel! :laughing7:

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It might have been a farm field 100 years ago...I say farmer rock pile.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread