Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What Gives

Joe Hunter,
First I like your Beagle! Second it could be nothing. However, that is about 20 pounds of rocks and there aren't any others in the area so why would they be there? I mean, I'm crazy but not crazy enough to cart 20 lbs of rocks and dump them at the base of the weirdest tree around just for grins and giffles, seems like there should be more to it than just a pile of rocks next to "that" tree. Geo Cache maybe as it is popular. However, that is a uniquely odd tree to have a limb with a significant scar buildup on the main trunk. {note: be sure the detector is on}

Is the limb actually the limb that grew in that hole? It won't be dated or have a tag on it saying 'original' but with that big a scar on the trunk I would not think the limb was the original. I could be wrong, just my supposition. Carefully, so as not to hurt yourself see if it will come out of the tree or wave your detector coil all around the tree trunk in line with where the scar is and see if it registers something.

If its a geo cache, then there will be a thing and maybe a message under the rocks or around the tree or near by. It is an odd situation and I for one will be interested to hear if it is a zero find or what was found. Curiously waiting...........................63bkpkr

Last edited:
OP
OP
Joe hunter

Joe hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2013
Up state NY
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus ,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm on the night shift for awhile so I will venture back up today and give it a second look thanks for everyone's input ill let you know how it goes

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
Since that really looks like a arm with a hand and a pointing finger, id say go the way it is pointing, looks like 25 rocks to me in the pic, so what I would do is walk 25 paces, or feet in a line with which way its pointing and try around there, I have known folks that have found caches from weird things like this, or it could all be nothing, I would like to think it's treasure...ahhh love having such a splendid imagination.

Mike

OP
OP
Joe hunter

Joe hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2013
Up state NY
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus ,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks good idea never thought of counting the rocks well I'm off

Maburger

May 30, 2013
Southern IN
Detector(s) used
AT Pro ACE 250 and Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Found this in the woods there were no other rocks in the area

Looks interesting to me as well. Do you have any way to research the history of the area as to any farmsteads located there in the past? I personally love a good adventure with an additional sense of mystery. Treasure has been found in less likely areas; the definition of treasure varies with the individual. Good luck and happy hunting! Hope it works out well for you...

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Be sure to wear some hunter orange, more than once in my life, some beer drinkin hunter thought I was something to shoot at lol. /cringe

Mike
Your not a hunter are you?

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Careful what is said on-line, do not wirte of any illegal activity.......more than a few people have had LEO show up and or arrest them over things written on various forums/FB.........

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread