Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tonight...30 year old single malt..was a bonus givin' to me for a rather nice red cedar deck I built. Very nice lady....with or without the scotch I might add!
I think I deserve it. I may have elbow Tendonitis. So I have been learning to hammer...left handed! With A dead on 16oz titanium head graphite wrapped hammer.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tonight...30 year old single malt..was a bonus givin' to me for a rather nice red cedar deck I built. Very nice lady....with or without the scotch I might add!
I think I deserve it. I may have elbow Tendonitis. So I have been learning to hammer...left handed! With A dead on 16oz titanium head graphite wrapped hammer.

I'm left handed.... and it's easy to hammer this way. :laughing7:

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tonight it's Yukon jack. I schooled some young punks, at the pool table.... at the local bar. Firebird still there, being responsible, I got a ride home, from an acquaintances kid! She says...You know my dad! thanks... good lord!
A couple of bud lights, and off to bed!

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sometime back, probably 8 months, I bought a little 'airline' sized bottle of Jack Daniels 'Tennessee Honey' flavored whiskey. Later I bought a small bottle; about a month later I bought a 750 ml bottle. Sure was good; but tired of it by the time it was finished. I suppose the same will happen to the Revel Stoke 'Pecan flavored' whiskey I bought a few days ago. But right now, it sure is some fine tasting stuff. I've put this in the back of the little fridge I have in my bedroom. I'm not going to share it with the 'rest of the house' like I did the Tennessee Honey!

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I suppose the same will happen to the Revel Stoke 'Pecan flavored' whiskey I bought a few days ago. But right now, it sure is some fine tasting stuff. I've put this in the back of the little fridge I have in my bedroom. I'm not going to share it with the 'rest of the house' like I did the Tennessee Honey!

A friend sent me a bottle of that Revel Stoke. That stuff is mighty good!

Tonight, however, I have resorted to an old-time favorite around here: Bourbon over ice with local NH maple syrup. I put a couple drops of mesquite smoke flavoring in there once its in the glass. EXCELLENT.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I'm left handed.... and it's easy to hammer this way. :laughing7:

Don't know about you guys, but back when I was building 500+ floor jacks a day for CECO by hand, I had to learn to swing with both hands. Each jack required 4 16 penny duplex nails twice. Learned to sink each one with a single swing.

Do one course right handed, do the next left.

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't know about you guys, but back when I was building 500+ floor jacks a day for CECO by hand, I had to learn to swing with both hands. Each jack required 4 16 penny duplex nails twice. Learned to sink each one with a single swing.

Do one course right handed, do the next left.
That's pretty talented, I still can not get used to swinging a hammer left handed. My right forearm is all most twice the size as my left! I'am glad they have full round head nail guns. I always add enough to my bids to include stainless nails...sometimes for siding, ring shank nails

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tonight I'am trying captain Morgan white rum...in a flask, I need to make sure our new resident bear is behaving! I hope when the black berries, and apples are gone he will move along.

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
When youre trying to do something with the hand you usually dont use(such as write your name with the opposite hand)the funny feeling you get is your brain constructing new pathways.

Coconut_Monkey

Nov 7, 2013
Somewhere Directly above the Center of the Earth
Detector(s) used
Wut9000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thinking I'll crack it open after reading about it!
A day in the life of a CocoNUT!
Enlarge to find the mystery!
jack_n_things.jpg

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tonight it's Yukon jack. I schooled some young punks, at the pool table.... at the local bar. Firebird still there, being responsible, I got a ride home, from an acquaintances kid! She says...You know my dad! thanks... good lord!
A couple of bud lights, and off to bed!

Looks like he's tuning up his game in case we ever have our get together. I haven't been in bars much for a long time. But I remember in my forties I'd go into some bars and play. The young guys would shoot so hard and use all there "body English" during the game. When I shot I'd shoot slow, not hard and with no emotion and just walk around the table dropping balls. It was fun watching them repeat the same "game style" over and over.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's pretty talented, I still can not get used to swinging a hammer left handed. My right forearm is all most twice the size as my left! I'am glad they have full round head nail guns. I always add enough to my bids to include stainless nails...sometimes for siding, ring shank nails

That's good Viking... I used stainless screws on my deck going around my pool area. I had to take the deck apart this spring to replace the pool wall and the screws came out so easy and looked like new. They had been in for 8 years.

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Glad I can do a lot of things with both hands:laughing7:

Me too, Red. Me too. When I was a GI, we trained to shoot with the off-hand and the off-eye. Its a good thing to learn, and I practice it a lot.

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Higgy, I'll try you're recipe (as near as I can with what I have on hand). Maybe make a run to the store for some smoke flavor is we don't have any; and some maple syrup.

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Higgy, I'll try you're recipe (as near as I can with what I have on hand). Maybe make a run to the store for some smoke flavor is we don't have any; and some maple syrup.

Be sure to use real Maple syrup. It would probably taste terrible if you used Mrs Butterworths! :tongue3:

If you do try it, you are in for a treat.

ETA: Oh and by the way, this drink works exceptionally well with cheap-ass bourbon. Why buy Makers Mark for this? Its twice the price of Old Crow, and with the maple syrup and smoke added, you cant tell the difference. Me and my best friend did a lot of experimenting... and sampling... and sampling some more... *hic*

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread