Help! Where should i go?

acre123

Jul 31, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:hello: Hello every one!!!

Im planning a trip to the US to search for jewreley in general but mostly for coins. Where would you guys go? What is the best place to find the stuff i mentioned and what place has the best laws that allow me to detect and to dig? Keep in mind my detector is a tecneticks 2

Do you have any hints?

Thanks a lot :hello2::hello2:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
California. They are going to LOVE you in California! :hello:

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All are correct. But if you want US silver, (or the ever sought after gold) coins, you must venture inland. This usually means restrictions and permits. Also, if you hope to find very old copper coins, the upper east coast is best.
Very good luck...
Peace

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Arizona! They're going to love you in Arizona!:laughing7:
Also Florida!:laughing7:

Last edited:

goldnrelics

Apr 1, 2013
Northern Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortés, Tejón, Cibola, Cutlass II, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Killer Bee's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
North America has alot of Revolutionary war, civil war, french indian war artifacts. haven't had too many problems at all

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
... This usually means restrictions and permits....

Very few "permits" are ever dreamed up, by any locale, for metal detecting. For example: In the entire state of CA (just using that as an example), I can count on one hand the # of cities (2 or 3?) and counties (1?) that dreamed up such a thing. Thus, no, you can go in asking if they have "permits" in various cities and counties till you're blue in the face, and will usually just get a blank confused stare, in return.

Now as far as "restrictions", it depends on what you mean. If you mean restriction on metal detecting (as a specific), then no, even there you'll find very few at the city and county level (and even state levels, believe it or not), that have something that truly specifically said "no metal detecting". On state park levels, sure, probably something about "cultural heritage" blah blah, but not often that it gets specific enough to say "no metal detecting". And at city levels, rarely any cities that truly had that in those words.

But if you meant "restrictions" with verbage about "defacing", "altering", "digging", "removing", etc..., then sure, if you think those things preclude detecting, then you might as well stay at home. Because I gaurantee you verbage like that exists on every speck of public land. HOWEVER, reasonable people KNOW those refer to the end result. I mean, so long as you leave no trace, then you haven't alterED or defacED anything. And let's be serious: the "remove" or "harvest" or "take" verbage was never meant to apply to md'rs. Those are so that no numbskull thinks he can take home park benches, cut down tree limbs for fire wood, etc... Hence, no, if there weren't a specific rule that truly said "no metal detecting", then I do not take the other stuff to necessarily apply. Just steer clear (low traffic times) when busy-body who might gripe are present.

collision

Jul 14, 2014
Temecula
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The south in general is a beautiful and diverse place. You could tour the south and camp along the way.

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you'll do well in more rural areas , small towns - do a little internet research on the areas you are traveling in - talk to
older folks - tell them about your interest in their town, perhaps you can even get the occasional permission to hunt a yard .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread