Ive long wanted to share this weird THing tale. I can easily pass a polygraph.

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can believe you, op. I don't think anyone on the planet has been able to explain how our photon energy hangs around and/or what exactly happens to it.

Jeff, I wonder if you researched the girl in the park(maybe she was the one killed maybe not) and the locket, would you maybe find a pic of her, wearing the locket.
Now that would be twilight zone creepy.
Maybe take it to the park with you, when you get the feel she is around, let her know you found it for her, it's in a safe place, and she can move on to her greater destiny.
Just a thought. :dontknow:

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They exist only in one mind. Or for one mind at that time, anyway. I don't believe in ghosts but I do believe we don't have an answer for all possibilities at this time. In fact, we don't even have a good definition of time yet. Perhaps some part of the little girl that was still is? You only see what your brain tells you; and the brain is easily fooled.
Yeah, I agree, anything is possible. We are primitive and many things we don't understand. I used to wonder how space could go on forever because if it had an end, there would have to be something beyond that. :icon_scratch: Then one day I realized that there is an answer, we just arent smart enough to know what it is. Even though there are things I don't believe, ANYTHING is possible.

Last edited:

OWK

Apr 26, 2014
North Central Md
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, F75
Garrett Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
umasked.jpg

Like, Gee Scoob... it was the Lighthouse Keeper all along.

Auriemma

Jul 24, 2014
SE PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab: Sov XS; Sov XS2 Pro ; XS2a Pro ; E-TRAC; Profind 25, Garrett PP AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tigerbeetle and Jeff... Thanks for creeping me the hell out. And I do NOT scare easily!

mikeraydj

Bronze Member
May 19, 2014
Montana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Deteknix X-Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You ever wonder why you never hear of a haunted trailer house?

treasurehunter313

Apr 29, 2014
PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scary for sure. The old homesteads give me the creeps.

roaddust66

Sep 22, 2013
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Impact , Tejon . Fisher F75, Vaquero, uMaxSilver, Cibola , Delta 4000, F2, Ace350 , original Bandido
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I was a non believer. I laughed in the land owners face near Shiloh Battlefield when they told me their land was haunted. I never saw anything but had something in my headphones with me. i believe you. good story

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
if they burnt down ..HER HOUSE.. she might take up "living' in theirs

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
many civil war battlefield area relic hunters --have heard "talkers" in their headphones --most say nothing for fear of being labeled as a "kook"..

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
many civil war battlefield area relic hunters --have heard "talkers" in their headphones --most say nothing for fear of being labeled as a "kook"..

I hear phantom Voices, dogs etc on occasion with my headphones on.
it's rare but it happens. I blame it on the detector Tones mimicking voices & the brain interpreting
those noises as someone close by.

Just like the other day I was down Digging a hole & as I went to push the Digger in the Ground
I could have sworn a Dog Jumped towards my Face, causing me to Jump out of my Skin for a second :laughing7:
but was most likely just a Bug in the right position flying towards my face.

the mind can definitely play tricks :unhappysmiley:

Last edited:

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
This is one reason I try to not wear headphones. I jump pretty easily as is...

sent from a potato...

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tigerbeetle, hesitant to even post on the subject, but long and short of it is that I have recently hunted a home site that makes me think something is going on. My last visit was about a year ago. The original builder died in the home 11-21-1812 and it was occupied until the early 1960's from what I hear. Most of it is still standing and very grown up. Very hard to even swing a coil but I have hit it a few times. The first time or two I just chalked it up to being odd, I have eventually come to the conclusion that something is up with the old home. My experience was in hearing voices inside rather than seeing anything. Finally talked to an adjoining land owner about permission to hunt their property. The first words from his wife when she found I had been hunting the other property is that it was haunted. Their experiences had been near identical to mine. Guess we all hate ridicule, but the fact remains that for the first time in my adult life I think I have experienced something that most would label as a haunting. The difference with me was my first feelings were more of a startled feeling than the fear you would normally associate with such a thing. I never felt the hair on the back of my neck thing, nor threatened by it. Without fail I have heard things in the home when I am there in the late evening. I have entered it numerous times to find nothing. I know many people will just laugh off such things and so be it, but it will not change my perception on the events.

Last edited:

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
those that know and believe .. well know and believe ...those that don't and scoff will do so until something "funny" occurs to them --then they will mock no more..

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
those that know and believe .. well know and believe ...those that don't and scoff will do so until something "funny" occurs to them --then they will mock no more..

To absolutely Believe one of 2 things must Happen

Either a ghost Must Introduce it self to me.
and convince me it really is one,
by Being someone I know for a fact Died.

Or after I die I would have to become one & know it

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You ever wonder why you never hear of a haunted trailer house?
Because they are not old and creepy, no attics, no basements, no stairs, don't have two stories, don't make creaking noises, etc...all the things that make peoples minds run away and makes them see and hear things that they are never able to show to anyone else...notice how only one person sees a ghost and never a group of people?

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I always said I want to be buried instead of cremated. As i want to have the best chance possible to come back as a ghost.

sent from a potato...

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tigerbeetle:

First of all, I commend you on your well-written post. You actually have a command of syntax and grammar, as well as punctuation, which is something many posts in here are lacking. Well done, sir!

Secondly, I have to say that I believe you saw something, but I will admit that I am pretty well agnostic in my feelings about the supernatural. I tend to think that what we see is not always what we believe it to be. I tend to lean towards the philosophy that if you absolutely believe in the existence of Ghosts, the you must also believe in Bigfoot, Yetis, Aliens, Vampires, Witches, Loch Nessie, and the Chupacabra, and Voodoo.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread