Ive long wanted to share this weird THing tale. I can easily pass a polygraph.

Fritos56

Apr 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't think you are lying. Years ago I went with my dad out on a country drive around the New Braunfels-Geronimo-Barbarosa area here in Texas.
We had a bucket of water for wildflower picking. Anyhow, near the Friedens Church and cemetery, there was an over grown abandoned house.
I picked some wildflowers and got a really creepy feeling.No,there was no one in the house.In fact,the window didn't even have a frame or glass,just empty space.
But i kept getting this weird feeling like there was someone or something there. That if i walked over there I'd see something hideous.Hard to explain.Anyhow,I hurried up and picked my flowers.Never said a word to my dad. Kind of dumb really, since when ever someone in the family was going to pass away,he would have a dream in which he heard a beautiful woman's vocie singing.Not only that he had his own creepy experience when he was in Italy during World War 2.And no,it wasn't during some battle.
He and some other guys had gone onto the top of this tower.It was a place tourists would visit. Anyhow,hhe moved away from the group and wanted to go to another side for a different view. As he was walking towards I'll call it THE CORNER,he got the feeling he wasn't alone. The more he walked in that direction, the feeling grew stronger.Suddenly a voice in his head told him "You must leave here.This thing wants to throw you off the tower." Whether this was a guardian angel or some ancestor,don't know. I only know daddy said when he heard the warning in his head, he immediately started walking away and didn't stop till he reached the ground. Whatever this was didn't follow him and apparently stayed in that area.Later,he told me, he asked some of the locals about this. He was told several people had actually fallen off the tower. All had fallen from the area that he was walking over to.

bungyboy

Aug 22, 2014
Southeast of Disorder
Detector(s) used
CZ-70
Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lookingdown, I respectfully must call you on the fact that one doesn't stay around for more than one person to view it. I was working at "The Walls" Unit in Huntsville, Tx. It was built in 1856. I was working keys in a wing one night and the room was around ten by thirty feet. My door boss who was in the cage, and the cellblock boss were standing together by the entrance which was a heavy iron door. The boss in the cage and the cellblock boss and I were standing together by the door. It opens and a convict comes in wearing his cap but I did't call him on it, something I considered petty as they weren't supposed wear their caps inside. I knew he would take it off momentarily. The cap is what made me turn and look at him in the first place. I took my keys from my belt and picked the appropriate one, looked up and quite alarmed said, "Holy S41+!" The other two guys looked up and the room was empty. The guys were stunned and I ran to the cellblock doors because I knew they were locked as I had the keys. Nothing. We stood there and agreed we weren't going to say anything. When I let the cellblock boss go on his break, he went to the Captain's Office and quit. (College aged kid, and they come and go regularly) but he flat walked out. There are about six other encounters I recall. These aren't spirits, spooks, ghostly images floating around. These guys are flesh and blood and you think they are just another person. The three of us watched this short older man walk into the room with us and then simply wasn't there.

Edit: I was working 3rd shift which was around 10pm to 6am. I lived 35 miles away from the unit and was called in to explain the incident to the warden the next morning. He took my statement and told me he had been chronicling the encounters for a book he was writing.

Edit x 2: Again Lookingdown, please don't think I'm blatently saying you're wrong or "flaming" you or anything. I was just explaining that this happened to three people at once.

Last edited:

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hats off to ya bungyboy,stay safe in there id worry more about the cons

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lookingdown, I respectfully must call you on the fact that one doesn't stay around for more than one person to view it. I was working at "The Walls" Unit in Huntsville, Tx. It was built in 1856. I was working keys in a wing one night and the room was around ten by thirty feet. My door boss who was in the cage, and the cellblock boss were standing together by the entrance which was a heavy iron door. The boss in the cage and the cellblock boss and I were standing together by the door. It opens and a convict comes in wearing his cap but I did't call him on it, something I considered petty as they weren't supposed wear their caps inside. I knew he would take it off momentarily. The cap is what made me turn and look at him in the first place. I took my keys from my belt and picked the appropriate one, looked up and quite alarmed said, "Holy S41+!" The other two guys looked up and the room was empty. The guys were stunned and I ran to the cellblock doors because I knew they were locked as I had the keys. Nothing. We stood there and agreed we weren't going to say anything. When I let the cellblock boss go on his break, he went to the Captain's Office and quit. (College aged kid, and they come and go regularly) but he flat walked out. There are about six other encounters I recall. These aren't spirits, spooks, ghostly images floating around. These guys are flesh and blood and you think they are just another person. The three of us watched this short older man walk into the room with us and then simply wasn't there.

Edit: I was working 3rd shift which was around 10pm to 6am. I lived 35 miles away from the unit and was called in to explain the incident to the warden the next morning. He took my statement and told me he had been chronicling the encounters for a book he was writing.

Edit x 2: Again Lookingdown, please don't think I'm blatently saying you're wrong or "flaming" you or anything. I was just explaining that this happened to three people at once.
Anything is possible...don't worry, Im not offended...Im having fun with this topic and Im enjoying all these great stories....Im a skeptic but when you say that you saw something, I believe you saw something.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I absolutely believe you, your story reminded me of a couple experiences I've had like that, I'm not sharing them though, I like those memories where they are.. tucked away in the far reaches of my mind.

Mike
Come on, you have to tell us now.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
some stories are best left parked deep in the mind .... for some folks "reliving" thru telling their stories is terrifying to them -- since ghost encounters are not always nice ..some are with dark and evil spirits, and best forgotten.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
some stories are best left parked deep in the mind .... for some folks "reliving" thru telling their stories is terrifying to them -- since ghost encounters are not always nice ..some are with dark and evil spirits, and best forgotten.
That's the ones I want to hear about.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
sorry but for you to be "entertained" others my have their minds melted...

bungyboy

Aug 22, 2014
Southeast of Disorder
Detector(s) used
CZ-70
Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When my daughter Sara was three she had a 2 liter bottle in bed with her and I asked her why it was there. She told me her friend Sara was thirsty so she got her a drink. Ok, whatever. I asked her this other Sara was and she said that she used to live here. (My farm is part of a plantation that was established when Sam Houston asked my ancestor to come from Tennessee to preach. So, the farm has a long history) So I asked her where exactly she lived and my daughter said, up a hill down a hill around a corner and up a hill that's where she is buried. We got in the truck and went to a graveyard that was back in the area past the farm and other people's ranches and she said nope this isn't it. I said up a hill, down a hill. We asked her what Sara's full name was and she made up this name. On the way back to the farm I thought she must mean the McAdams graveyard. Which was out further and the directions made sense. My daughter had NEVER been that direction and didn't know there was a cemetery there until she said it was. We went to the cemetery and let her out of the truck and she walked across the graveyard and pointed and said, "That's it." (This was the back of the tombstone) We walked around and the name on it was Sarah and the last name was phoenetically the same. Man, I can't explain that. I just can't. (Lookindown, this is entertaining. I never believed until that night at The Walls) (Jamey, I don't work at the prison anymore, I substitute teach mostly behavior classes, so um, I'm not sure which one is the more dangerous occupation.)

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
When my daughter Sara was three she had a 2 liter bottle in bed with her and I asked her why it was there. She told me her friend Sara was thirsty so she got her a drink. Ok, whatever. I asked her this other Sara was and she said that she used to live here. (My farm is part of a plantation that was established when Sam Houston asked my ancestor to come from Tennessee to preach. So, the farm has a long history) So I asked her where exactly she lived and my daughter said, up a hill down a hill around a corner and up a hill that's where she is buried. We got in the truck and went to a graveyard that was back in the area past the farm and other people's ranches and she said nope this isn't it. I said up a hill, down a hill. We asked her what Sara's full name was and she made up this name. On the way back to the farm I thought she must mean the McAdams graveyard. Which was out further and the directions made sense. My daughter had NEVER been that direction and didn't know there was a cemetery there until she said it was. We went to the cemetery and let her out of the truck and she walked across the graveyard and pointed and said, "That's it." (This was the back of the tombstone) We walked around and the name on it was Sarah and the last name was phoenetically the same. Man, I can't explain that. I just can't. (Lookindown, this is entertaining. I never believed until that night at The Walls) (Jamey, I don't work at the prison anymore, I substitute teach mostly behavior classes, so um, I'm not sure which one is the more dangerous occupation.)
Speaking of kids and cemeteries... my son at about two and a half was always speaking of "Oliver" so one day we were exploring a small forgotten cemetery close to home and (keep in mind he couldn't read) he walked up to a gravestone from mid 1800's and said this is where Oliver is buried. The last name was Oliver on the stone. I also found out later on my land used to belong to the Oliver family back in the 1700-1890's and this cemetery was the family burial ground. It still kind of creeps me out to think about it...

sent from a potato...

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
imo. some Young kids don't loose their complete past Life memory
till they take in enough present life learning

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
young children don't "understand" that they aren't "supposed" to see ghost --and thus do not feel the "pressure" that adults do about talking about such stuff -- as we age we become "trained" to not speak about such stuff for fear of being "labeled" as a weirdo...thus children often see and speak of things that adults will not...also many adults do have events occur but seldom speak of it for fear of being labeled as a "kook"..

bungyboy

Aug 22, 2014
Southeast of Disorder
Detector(s) used
CZ-70
Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah lol, Sara couldn't read either. She and her little brother would be out playing in the back yard, quit playing and get on their little tykes house and sit there talking to empty space. One day curiosity got the best of me and I went out and they were jabbering. Sara looked at me and said, Perry says hello. (Perry was my grandfather but we always called him Papaw) She laughed and said that I wouldn't recognise him because he was young now. Kids man... as Art would say, say the darndest things.

Edit: Jeff, when I was a kid we had a black and white tv and only got the sitcoms (I had to stand outside and revolve the antenna back and forth till someone inside yelled to stop) so I knew nothing about the military as we were so isolated. All through my life well, young life I kept dreaming that I was sitting in the side of a helicopter. Around high school I discovered I had a cousin that was killed the first trip into Viet Nam. He stepped off the helicopter and was shot dead instantly. As a kid I always answered the telephone and someone would be there to talk to my parents. They swear to this day I creeped them out because no one else heard the phone ring even as they sat beside it. My little brother had two invisible friends named Caca and Chichi. They lived in our bar and he played with them and talked to them every single day for like three years. We even had to wait in the car so they could come with us if we went somewhere. One day he dug a hole and buried them. So yeah, kids are weird and can really creep the heck out of you.

Edit 2: grammar oops

Last edited:

toolmanbutch

Aug 23, 2015
Upstate NY and Floridas East Coast
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Bounty Hunter
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess you never saw Ghosts Busters.
If there were ghosts, why doesn't one ever hang around long enough for people to gather around and have a look...doesn't it seem strange that only one person sees it and just for a few seconds? Come on, not ONE ghost has hung around for a crowd to gather up and get a good look? If there were ghosts , they wouldn't appear and disappear, there would just be ghosts. Think about it.

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always believe. Who am I to question anyone else's experience. If someone had to make a story like that up, just for attention, then they have other issues in life to deal with. I lost my dad in October. There are signs everywhere that his spirit is still here with us.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
There are signs everywhere that his spirit is still here with us.

My stepfather was a good man, killed in an auto accident in '98.

He was also an alcoholic. We always figured it was him, but we'd find ashtrays filled to the brim with urine and no spillage.

When I went to Detroit for Christmas last month, and returned, my ashtray was filled to the brim with urine and no spillage. Mom can't get up these steps, and no one visited during the period I was gone - and it wasn't me who did that. I found it disgusting! But then later on I remembered the ashtray routine of two decades ago.

Just thought I'd throw that in here - and it is the truth. I spilled it on my hands disposing of it and the stench was unmistakable!

Of course I know this invites all kinds of humor and the like.

dr-quest

Feb 25, 2007
Nova Scotia Canada
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Gold, Whites XLT,Tesoro Stingray ll,Whites Surfmaster ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really enjoyed that read, goosebumps and all. I too have had a few strange happenings in my life. The real interesting fact with this story is he actually locked eyes with the girl and enough to have the police called. I don't believe this was a fleeting glimps, no one calls the cops because he thinks he saw something. So I believe he saw the girl and apparently others did also. Remember you cant see the wind but its there 8-)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread