Holy crap it is cold outside... And I am in Florida... sheesh. How cold are you ?

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol... around here no iguanas... just lizards...

And they prolly just crawled down to the keys.

Desertphile

Feb 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
On the "plus side," the USA was warmer this year than the hemisphere's average (so far), are much warmer than the USA historical average. Because so much ice at Arctic is gone, the jet stream has elongated southward and slowed down. Another "dip" from Arctic southward is on the way to the eastern USA in another two days, and it will bring Arctic wind as far south as Florida.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm still in denial here in Middle Tennessee... it's a balmy 82 here. I sent wife to store today to get a new temp gage. Obviously ours isn't working right when it said 5 this morning. But I did fire up the fireplace just in case.

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was so cold here that we broke out the prosthetic fur for one of our dogs. After that he was a very happy dog and ready to go for his walk. As for me, well I just wanted to crawl back under the covers with the rest of the dogs.

View attachment 1103577
I was getting ready to say what in the hell kind of dog is that:laughing7:

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On the "plus side," the USA was warmer this year than the hemisphere's average (so far), are much warmer than the USA historical average. Because so much ice at Arctic is gone, the jet stream has elongated southward and slowed down. Another "dip" from Arctic southward is on the way to the eastern USA in another two days, and it will bring Arctic wind as far south as Florida.

Was just reading an article not long ago about scientist believe we are going into a mini ice age for the next 30 years. heh

Helix

Bronze Member
Jul 27, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett gti 2500, Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its 1 degree here not including wind chill gusts of 25 mph. weather channel calls it a ground blizzard. I guess not much is falling just picking up and blowing snow that has already fallen. Boy I am sure happy I am in the firewood business. :coffee2:

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it's cooold here bro:icon_pale:When that wind gets to the wippin forget about it.The thing that is killing me is the ground is froze in most places.

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was 1 degree and sunny this morning. So, I applied suntan lotion to face...
Not for sunburn, but for wind burn. (I work outdoors) It actually helps.
Also, I lived in Clearwater Beach Florida for a couple years in the mid-80s. Upon returning north, if it got below 60, I was dressed to ski. ;)
Stay warm all...
Peace ✌

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I wish it was +38 degrees; would definitely be out detecting.

This morning I was greeted by a temperature of (-1), ground frozen very deep now. Ordered a new coil for my Minelab yesterday, when it arrives a quick trip to the test bed may make me feel better?

SouthFLdigger

Mar 16, 2014
Pembroke Pines, Fl
Detector(s) used
Beach:Fisher CZ-20, Beach Hunter ID 9.5" Whites DFX, Minelab Safari and Excalibur 2.
Park and Turf: Teknetics Gamma 6000,Teknetics Delta 4000,Nokta Fors Core
Loaners:ACE-250 9x12 and 7x9.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heh, 76 Degrees Fahrenheit, sunny down here in Broward County :laughing7: Bundle up guys and gals !

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It was so cold here that we broke out the prosthetic fur for one of our dogs. After that he was a very happy dog and ready to go for his walk. As for me, well I just wanted to crawl back under the covers with the rest of the dogs.

View attachment 1103577

This a cross between a poodle and an eastern soft quilled porcupine. It's a very rare breed and not to be messed with at all (unless experienced).

samsond

Apr 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi. I'm up here in Saskatchewan (Canada). It's -35 C windchill. I won't be detecting until March or April.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread