Holy crap it is cold outside... And I am in Florida... sheesh. How cold are you ?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was chillin this morn with a 19, with the wind blowing it was like 10. When you see my current avatar, it means I'm cold. LOL!

Hey RR, hope all is good.

Posted From My $50 Tablet....

“A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.”
― James Madison
The Constitution of the United States of America

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The dog is being allowed to sleep on my bed and under the covers just for the extra body heat. The kitten is being allowed to sleep on the exposed side of my head just for the earmuff effect. :laughing7:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was chillin this morn with a 19, with the wind blowing it was like 10. When you see my current avatar, it means I'm cold. LOL!

as usual, I looked in on Bourbon Street this Afternoon. was 34 I think & everyone had Jackets on.

Tomorrow our Winds are supposed to be coming from the South instead of Canada,
Unfortunately those winds are your Cold air coming Back up :(

Desertphile

Feb 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Was just reading an article not long ago about scientist believe we are going into a mini ice age for the next 30 years. heh

Yes, that claim is false: scientists did not think that---- it's a myth. The New York Times reporter who inadvertently started the myth has spent forty years telling people it isn't true, but people love urban legends more than they love science and the truth. The myth was picked up and spread by Newsweek, Time, and National Geographic, so most people are not "to blame" for still believing it.

Meanwhile, the sun continues to cool slightly, as it has been doing for the past 400+ years, and Earth continues to warm. The modified jet stream that is currently bringing Arctic wind southward is thought by climatologists to be due to the anomalous warming on the Arctic, and the sharp decrease in Arctic ice.

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
May be urban legend, but when its at or below 0 in the deep south, and its 40 in northern Alaska and warming..something is amiss and backwards. Can anybody explain that ?
Oddly enough the temp has risen from 3 yesterday afternoon, to a balmy 11 right now, with a 25mph sw wind and heavy snow..joy!
I enjoy the frigid cold BTW, ice fishin' rocks :D

BC

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
May be urban legend, but when its at or below 0 in the deep south, and its 40 in northern Alaska and warming..something is amiss and backwards. Can anybody explain that ?
Oddly enough the temp has risen from 3 yesterday afternoon, to a balmy 11 right now, with a 25mph sw wind and heavy snow..joy!
I enjoy the frigid cold BTW, ice fishin' rocks :D

BC
BRRRRR!!! Right now it's 52 here. Sorry....

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is there an emoticon for Oregon falling into the pacific ? Lol muwhaha!
Really does it ever get cold there ?

BC
It froze a couple of times last year, and Feb can hit the low 40's. The area we are in is called the "Banana belt" When you go inland the temps drop in the winter. Brookings has the warmest average temperatures on the Oregon coast. It was 67 today.

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The good news is tomorrow is 65/44 and each day gets warmer, Sun is in mid 70s.....

Posted From My $50 Tablet....

“A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.”
― James Madison
The Constitution of the United States of America

Yeah looks like another really nice week... love it... this winter so far has been really not bad.
Ehhh compared to many above mentioned temps... it has been great.

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Friday 6:00 AM
43 degrees
Overcast
2 mph wind

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
earth off its axis ?
images.jpg

http://abcnews.go.com/US/semi-drags-minivan-16-miles-snowstorm/story?id=28068729

Last edited:
OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been looking at that damn globe for 5 mins now trying to figure out what happened there...
I guess I am not awake yet...
Err more coffee !
... heh

3RINGER

Feb 1, 2009
Middle TN
Detector(s) used
GPX 4800, Blisstool V6, AT Pro, Makro Racer, CZ3D, XL PRO, Nokta Relic, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Night before last 3 degrees and last night not much better. The two Shepherds that I keep outside were sleeping hard in the house and the better halves lap dog did not seem to want them awake :laughing7:

As I type this they are both at my feet probably hoping it's cold again tonight....

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Night before last 3 degrees and last night not much better. The two Shepherds that I keep outside were sleeping hard in the house and the better halves lap dog did not seem to want them awake :laughing7:

As I type this they are both at my feet probably hoping it's cold again tonight....

Ehhhh wiseman with exotic foot warmers... nyuk nyuk nyuk

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
actually can tell it warmed up nicely here.

My Spyhole to out back didn't need fresh boiling water
7:30 AM here

DSCF0003.JPG

And it's Snowing a Little

DSCF0002.JPG

almost twice as warm as yesterday

1Untitled.jpg

jolteon

Feb 22, 2014
If you think that's bad, I had no school today because of a foot of snow last night and -30° windchill

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread