Flu Shots.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Showtime2385

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2013
NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Pro-pointer-AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never get a flu shot, when my older brother and I were kids my mother took us for them and my brother would usually get the flu shortly after... :dontknow:

OP
OP
C

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope you are well soon RustyGold.
Do you think if you had taken a "Flu Shot" beforehand, the shot �� would have prevented your illness?
Peace ✌

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Hope you are well soon RustyGold.
Do you think if you had taken a "Flu Shot" beforehand, the shot �� would have prevented your illness?
Peace ✌

Thank you for the kind words CK! Probably would have helped but the last time I had a flu shot, decades ago,
I didn't feel well afterwards so I don't usually get them!

l.cutler

Silver Member
Dec 2, 2006
NEPA
Detector(s) used
Tejon, Cibola, T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do not get the flu shot. I am probably wrong, I usually am, but I believe in keeping the immune system strong and letting it do it's thing. I have had two sick days from work in 31 years, once from a car accident and once when I found out I was allergic to shrimp and my eyes swelled shut!

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I just could never understand why they put in your body what they didn't want you to get!!

Be a good boy and take your shot now.....it's for your own good.

GOD Bless

Chris

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just could never understand why they put in your body what they didn't want you to get!!

Be a good boy and take your shot now.....it's for your own good.

GOD Bless

Chris

Dead virus cells so your body builds an immunity. Same reason the Indian tribes were decimated by white man diseases, their bodies had no immunities at all since they had never been exposed. Entire villages were sick at same time...

'The most lethal of the pathogens introduced by the Europeans was smallpox, which sometimes incapacitated so many adults at once that deaths from hunger and starvation ran as high as deaths from disease; in several cases, entire tribes were rendered extinct. Other killers included measles, influenza, whooping cough, diphtheria, typhus, bubonic plague, cholera, and scarlet fever. Although syphilis was apparently native to parts of the Western hemisphere, it, too, was probably introduced into North America by Europeans.

About all this there is no essential disagreement. The most hideous enemy of native Americans was not the white man and his weaponry, concludes Alfred Crosby,"but the invisible killers which those men brought in their blood and breath." It is thought that between 75 to 90 percent of all Indian deaths resulted from these killers."

http://historynewsnetwork.org/article/7302

Posted From My $50 Tablet....

Last edited:

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Brings this to my mind.....I won't play.

GOD Bless

Chris

russian-roulette.jpg

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Brings this to my mind.....I won't play.

GOD Bless

Chris

russian-roulette.jpg

Couldn't agree more, picture is good example of not being inoculated for life threatening diseases... Spin the cylinder and see if you die.....;-)

Great movie by the way...Love the Dear Hunter.....

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Couldn't agree more, picture is good example of not being inoculated for life threatening diseases... Spin the cylinder and see if you die.....;-)

Great movie by the way...Love the Dear Hunter.....

That picture is an indication of how I will handle the flu and pnemonia next time...1 year ago I was just entering the ICU for 9 days with said two afflictions, and was gone for 4days before I remember anything....never again....get the shot....Gary

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That picture is an indication of how I will handle the flu and pnemonia next time...1 year ago I was just entering the ICU for 9 days with said two afflictions, and was gone for 4days before I remember anything....never again....get the shot....Gary

The older you get the more dangerous the flu is. I just got an pneumonia shot good for 10 years, no side effects at all.....

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah, TH, when I got my pneumonia vaccine, I couldn't even feel where the injection site was the next day. The flu shot I got at the same time, didn't affect me either. This year, I felt bad for about a day, several days after I took my flu shot. Could have been from something else, though.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, TH, when I got my pneumonia vaccine, I couldn't even feel where the injection site was the next day. The flu shot I got at the same time, didn't affect me either. This year, I felt bad for about a day, several days after I took my flu shot. Could have been from something else, though.

Not enough tequila that day.... I always feel better after a couple shots of tequila, must be the limes....

Jarl

Jul 28, 2012
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENT: E-Trac

FORMER:Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Garrett AT Pro & Garrett Pinpointer Pro Garrett GTAx 1000, Ace 250

HAVE USED: Teknetics & Bounty Hunters

WANT TO TRY: Tesoro and White's someday
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never have or ever will get a flu shot. I don't trust manufactured immunity.

johnnycat

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2007
Mechanicsville, VA
Detector(s) used
Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My mother-in-law never used to get a flu shot either. She passed away as the result of the flu in 2013.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never have or ever will get a flu shot. I don't trust manufactured immunity.

If your over 30 you have had small pox, diphtheria, polio shots, along with other shots you were required to have to attend school.... Military is same way....

“A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.”
― James Madison

The Constitution of the United States of America

metalhealth

Aug 6, 2014
N.C.
Detector(s) used
excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you annually get a preventive Flu Shot?
A coworker I've known for nearly 20yrs has missed an entire week of work due to Flu illness. He's rarely missed work for any reason, never for illness.
I don't get Flu shots.
Do overall numbers suggest Flu Shots are an annual benefit?
Thanks
Peace ✌

I never used to get a flu shot. I thought I had had the flu before and it wasn't as bad as people say. Then I really got the flu one year. That was the worst I had ever felt in my life and never want to be that way again. Many people believe they have had the flu and it's not so bad. Trust me, they've not had the full blown flu. I do cat scans in a hospital. I once saw an otherwise healthy child walk in with the flu, walk to X-ray and get a chest X-ray, walk back to the emergency room and go into cardiac arrest and die. It can kill you. By not getting the flu shot you are putting yourself and others at risk. Think of yourself, your family members and others. Since then I always think about how I would feel if I didn't get a flu shot, came down with the flu, and then infected a family member and they died from it. Something to consider.

Last edited:

metalhealth

Aug 6, 2014
N.C.
Detector(s) used
excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also, if you get the shot or not, wash your hands and don't shake hands or contact people any more than u have to during flu season. And if u get the flu...stay away from the rest of us until it's over.

OP
OP
C

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks metalhealth.
I've also recently noticed alot of folks at the grocery using disinfectant wipes on the carts.
Peace ✌

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions