worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Back to the factory,now what am I going to do the next two weeks!

GOD Bless

Chris

001.JPG

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When the hell did you do to it? Were you all excited or pissed? Your going to have withdrawals buddy.... suck it up time!!!! :occasion14:

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OUch poor lil detector !!!

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry to see that WT. Hopefully, you can get back to the action quickly.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I consider a broken detector a cosmic sign that I am meant to buy a new one. That way you will have a backup In case the old ever happens to break again not to mention something to use for the next few weeks. It is the only practical thing to do.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What no back-up detector? tisk, tisk, tisk. I guess you need to borrow a friends detector so you don't lose your sanity.

Erving

Apr 27, 2013
Massachusetts
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Chris, that's a metal detector, not a weed wacker! All kidding aside, I'm sorry to see you busted your machine. How did it happen? BTW, I was down in your neck of the woods this morning. I brought my boat to Action Marine to have some work done on the outboard. It's going to be costly, but I hear they do good work, and I'll be able to get back to the Quabbin for some salmon and lake trout fishing. :thumbsup:

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 950, U13,6"Exc & 4x6 Coils, Coinmaster GT 4x6 & NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer, CZE-T200 FM Transmitter, Sangean DT-400W and ER6i in-ears.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have an XLT I can sell you cheap.. $125 if your stuck!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That sucks, hope the repair isn't too bad on the pocket book.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OUCH!!! That's a bummer! Guess all that alternative treasure hunting during winter will come in handy.

I was afraid my detector had gone haywire Sunday when it chattered and wouldn't stop. It was really bad ground or karma, stopped when I got out of that area. I don't have a working back up either....except a pin pointer maybe.

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Chris, that's a metal detector, not a weed wacker! All kidding aside, I'm sorry to see you busted your machine. How did it happen? BTW, I was down in your neck of the woods this morning. I brought my boat to Action Marine to have some work done on the outboard. It's going to be costly, but I hear they do good work, and I'll be able to get back to the Quabbin for some salmon and lake trout fishing. :thumbsup:

Earle,

Putting a SLIGHT pressure on the S rod when getting up from a kneeling position finally worked hardened it,only took 5 years.....SNAP.:tongue3:

Erving

Apr 27, 2013
Massachusetts
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Earle,

Putting a SLIGHT pressure on the S rod when getting up from a kneeling position finally worked hardened it,only took 5 years.....SNAP.:tongue3:

I've heard people breaking an ear off the coil using the detector to help them get up, but not the rod itself. Hope the repair isn't too costly, and you get a quick return.

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
OUCH!!! That's a bummer! Guess all that alternative treasure hunting during winter will come in handy.

I was afraid my detector had gone haywire Sunday when it chattered and wouldn't stop. It was really bad ground or karma, stopped when I got out of that area. I don't have a working back up either....except a pin pointer maybe.

I had to send it back last year,lost the tones,they charged me 160.00 including a new coil. I have a PI,that's for water which I don't do anymore.

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Well,they received it on 6/2,I called today......20 day wait on repairs,like I said....CRAPOLLA!

GOD Bless

Chris

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
I had to send it back last year,lost the tones,they charged me 160.00 including a new coil. I have a PI,that's for water which I don't do anymore.

Most PI's work well on land as well! You just have to deal with digging everything or be able to interpret the tones. Since most PI's will detect targets deeper than most VLF's, you could take it to some of the areas where you have already cleaned out the trash to see if it scores you some deep treasures. At the least, it will keep you from going through MD'ing withdrawals!:tongue3:

Frank

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread