Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
shape and mass are every bit as importatnt as metalurgy on any detector.the k-rand has solid surface area for better rebound of signal than placer gold.the same as a one ounce nugget will read much stronger than a one ounce necklace.the machine will see the links and not total mass.aluminum is another great example of this...pull tab vs can.

OP
OP
C

can

Dec 26, 2015
NC
Detector(s) used
xp DEUS, excal sword,ctx 3030, garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks BIGFOOT. I appreciate the reply. I looked at a you tube. I had no idea that gold would ring so many numbers. I thought gold was gold. But no....gold can range from 40s to almost 100. gesh. That means you gotta dig everything. Thanks again

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Hmmm.... I need some practice on that myself! It has been a long time since I found gold with a detector.

OP
OP
C

can

Dec 26, 2015
NC
Detector(s) used
xp DEUS, excal sword,ctx 3030, garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmmm.... I need some practice on that myself! It has been a long time since I found gold with a detector.
Ive not found any yet...just want to be prepared when I do. For that matter have'nt found any silver yet either.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
good answer big-foot. Yes size plays into the formula, unfortunately. Also remember gold comes not only in infinate sizes and shapes, but also purity and alloys: 10k, 14k, 18k, 20k, 24k, etc....

And the analogy of the TID that an entire aluminum can gives, versus just a snippet or the tab of a can, is a good example. Each gives a different TID. Yet in each case the metal is exactly the same: Aluminum. The only thing that changed, is the size. Hence same logic for gold.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread