TulsaBill

Greenie
Feb 10, 2016
Tulsa Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Tecknetics 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm on the Ark river in Oklahoma. Just visited JJs "Lost City". I read tons about the lost money and pretty sure the stories are mostly now convoluted but it's going to be fun MDing the Lost City.
I didn't find anything I was only there today for surveying.
Send me a map!

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rumors have it that JJ buried a lot of loot and not all in one place.
Good LuckMarvin
contract.jpg

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the party. I know of several of his hideouts over here around Rogers and Mayes Counties. Not far from you but permission to hunt on private land is not been granted yet. Good Luck and Happy Hunting. I hope you find some good stuff to show us.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That sounds awesome good luck keep us [posted

OP
OP
TulsaBill

TulsaBill

Greenie
Feb 10, 2016
Tulsa Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Tecknetics 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since you posted the note... did you happen to read anything about lost city? Im reading it was around Lawton OR Sand Springs on the Ark. I know theres a few glyphs on the River in Sand Springs. What do you think?
I read the Lost city is situated on a creek that empties into the Ark River. I also read the Lost City Treasure is buried between two rocks/ crags and filled with dirt and rock to disguise it. Id really like to pin down which area this could be in and eventually find it.
I was in the Chandler park area yesterday looking and BOY does it look like a lost city alright. I found a Full 1996 can of budweiser and a .45 REM UMC casing but not gold hahah.

OP
OP
TulsaBill

TulsaBill

Greenie
Feb 10, 2016
Tulsa Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Tecknetics 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here ya go. Full as full can get 19 year old can.

Attachments

• 1455729354855.jpg
    1455729354855.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 128

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck TulsaBill. Would love to hear your story if you find it.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you spend much time doing research, you will find that almost every farmer claims to have traded horses with James, he slept in their barn, he camped on their land, etc. The amount of money he is reported to have stolen is easily 100x the real amount, and the majority of loot hastily hidden was later recovered. He didn't steal just to bury it.

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jesse and the boys hit the Northfield Minnesota bank, the towns people were ready for them and shot them up. They did get some money, though they were being pursued by a posse. The James gang were shot up and running for their lives - It's a large area, most likely the money was buried as Jesse and his brother were cornered at a lake. They managed to escape, though it's said the money was never recovered.

Jesse James is most likely a mythical character from books though............:dontknow:

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
.....you will find that almost every farmer claims to have traded horses with James, he slept in their barn, he camped on their land, etc. The amount of money he is reported to have stolen is easily 100x the real amount, and the majority of loot hastily hidden was later recovered. He didn't steal just to bury it.

Good post. Yes, treasure stories are a dime-a-dozen. But the persons telling the story, and chasing legends, are 100% positive the story is iron clad bullet-proof true. No amount of pointing out the the telephone game and alternative explanations (or how it's downright ghost-story lost-mine bologna) will do any good. The faithful will continue to believe. Especially if you throw in a few faded newspaper clippings, add a drawing of a miner posed next to his burro, and then it MUST be true :)

OP
OP
TulsaBill

TulsaBill

Greenie
Feb 10, 2016
Tulsa Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Tecknetics 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After reading quite a few stories a person can deduce which stories overlap from different regions.
Frank said he couldn't find the cache at Lost City b/c the landscape had changed. From what I read there should be two treasures within one mile of each other. Cole Youngers 63k on the banks of the ark river and another gold and silver cache buried and lost in the rocks hide out area.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After reading quite a few stories a person can deduce which stories overlap from different regions.
Frank said he couldn't find the cache at Lost City b/c the landscape had changed. From what I read there should be two treasures within one mile of each other. Cole Youngers 63k on the banks of the ark river and another gold and silver cache buried and lost in the rocks hide out area.

Also keep in mind the age of that story, and the number of years metal detectors have been available. Not saying not to search, but be mentally prepared for a LOT of searching, and start on the outer fringes or any place difficult to reach. Everyone starts at the obvious/easy spot.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've never looked or investigated but did J.J. ever have dealings in or around the Centerville TN. area? I was just curious if any history mentions him using caves within area or was around the Duck River.

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
~: Ancient Sacred Spirit Lands Of Our Fathers' :~
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
Jesse James is most likely a mythical character from books though............:dontknow:

...Most likely he is? :icon_scratch: ???

...Must have been a grey ghost carved his initials in stone, hid
carved clues in wood and stone. Then left caches and made maps,
for his brother Frank, and another past treasure hunter or two to find... :laughing7:
... :sunny: :fish:

:cross:
~:Crosse:~

Last edited:

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
...Most likely he is? :icon_scratch: ???

...Must have been a grey ghost carved his initials in stone, hid
carved clues in wood and stone. Then left caches and made maps,
for his brother Frank, and another past treasure hunter or two to find... :laughing7:

Crosse De Sign, when I was a kid, my buddy and I would sometimes carve or write graffiti with fake dates. Like "So & so was here, May 8th 1875", etc... Just to goof off. I wonder if anyone ever read it, and took it seriously ? So too is it possible for people to possibly put Jesse James initials or name somewhere.

OP
OP
TulsaBill

TulsaBill

Greenie
Feb 10, 2016
Tulsa Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Tecknetics 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see some haven't read enough about JJs adventures. I've only skimmed the surface from what's available on inner webs but, to say JJ was a myth is a lie. Why anyone would type that into these forums is beyond me unless they are trying to keep me from the GOLD!
I'm a relic hunter. I wanna find JJs petrified pork n beans cans.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread