making money while you detect

dano91

Apr 3, 2005
colorado
I just bought a Stump Grinder [for grinding tree stumps] this will enable me to make money as I travel and treasure hunt. I just emailed Jeff of PA and asked him to start a new topic that would enable us to share ideas on making money to survive as we hunt. What do you think? I still think we need to put together a list of people across the US and other countries for lost and found help, sort of a union of MDrs that work together.
Thanks Dano.

dahut

Nov 6, 2004
Lee's Tavern Road
Detector(s) used
21 years behind a coil

Fisher F70
Bounty Hunter Lone Star
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jack Kerouac would be proud of you!

Like most, I have never been one for the complete vagabond life, preferring ties to home and family. Let's face it most guys into detecting are regular stiffs in search of a little fun. I have however, wandered all over the US and Europe in search of life's grand adventure and did find that if you ARE going to roam in search of adventure - its indeed a good idea to have some way to feed yourself and pay for gas.

Some other ideas that come to mind are painting, lansdcape maintenance, carpentry, home repairs - I have made money at all of these things. No reason why someone else couldn't. Most of the tools one would need for these things could fit in the same space as your stump muncher.

Can you expand a little on your vision of a MD'ers union? We already have the inteconnection of the Internet as a way for us to keep in touch. I know of people al over the country that I could visit, should I take a mind to. And there are "buddy" lists on almost every site as well as other posting forums. What are the benefits that "union members" might gain by participating in your confederation? Are you suggesting a dedicated site for them? I think the FMDAC may already have that covered, as well.

OP
OP
dano91

dano91

Apr 3, 2005
colorado
I was using the word Union loosely lol. I was thinking of maybe a website that would cover the U.S. [or other countries] where someone could find a MDr to look for a lost ring, we could reserve area's to hunt when the calls came in.
Dano & Yogi

PS can you see the Seated King in Lovers leap?

Attachments

• IMG_0009.JPG
    IMG_0009.JPG
    115.5 KB · Views: 445

finderzzs

Bronze Member
May 2, 2007
Sunny South Florida
Detector(s) used
White's PI Pro Dual Field, Garrett Ace 350,
dano91 said:
I was using the word Union loosely lol. I was thinking of maybe a website that would cover the U.S. [or other countries] where someone could find a MDr to look for a lost ring, we could reserve area's to hunt when the calls came in.
Dano & Yogi

There is such a site, it's called, www.metaldetectivesusa.com

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
finderzzs said:
dano91 said:
Dano & Yogi

There is such a site, it's called, www.metaldetectivesusa.com
yep, I'm on there. :)

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
I just had some eccentric old guy hire me to find "burried coins" on an old site around his farm. He offered to pay me an hourly rate and I get to keep 1 of each kind of coin I may find (as long as it isn't the only coin of that type). I told him I would help him for free but he wouldn't hear of it. He said if I didn't do it he would hire some one else. I am trying to save enough for a DFX so I said heck yeah! I am doing something I love while getting paid for it. Found a site yesterday with around 100 old bottles/glass jars and I am searching through them to see if anything is worth salvaging. Also found part of an old wringer type washing machine in the weeds and the top of a stove, yes the whole top! It took 15 minutes to dig it out of the ground where it was burried 6 inches deep!! No coins yet but I keep hoping!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions