H

Hammer287

Mar 28, 2017
Northwest Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for everyone's reply. The toilet paper in the EpiPen or deafly two things I didn't think about. Thanks all

Kansas_Jayhawk

Mar 11, 2017
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 and Tesoro Silver uMicromax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a Lesche style digging tool - go to any major chain store that sells garden tools. They sell a tool people use in the garden that does the same for $10. Plastic shovel (small) put plug in shovel and run over detector. Good for coin shooting. Small metal shovel ($10 at wallies world) if hunting in an area where being super neat isn't a need. I carry a little rake - helps cleaning out weedy areas where you want to dig. Most of the time I get by with my Lesche and plastic shovel.

Last edited:

spyguy

Jan 30, 2006
After waiting decades to purchase a metal detector I ordered one today. I'm curious as to what tools are paramount for beginning detecting. I plan on starting out on my property and in the local woods. Later this season I'll hit the beaches. What are the must have tools specifically brand and or design for trowels, "Garden knives" and shovels do you recommend. Thanks for anyone that has time help me out
The second most important tool for metal detecting is research! First find a good target area & study it with creative eyes. EX: This park has been around 100 years, but those bushes over there look relatively recent. Detect under & around them. Real Estate and metal detecting have one big thing in common regarding success --- location. Since you're new I'll give you some advice; help people who ask, fill in your holes, leave a site in the same condition you found it, don't be a "tool" yourself. Finally, don't give up easily.
HH
-spyguy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread