chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did he do his own plumbing too? Plumbing pipes should not be close enough to the drywall for a nail to penetrate unless its an awful long nail. Or a very old house maybe. But it happens I have seen it with some shady plumbing and electrical work.

yes, he did everything himself. Even made a mould for the 'ford' on the top of of one of his model Ts radiator and pressed up his own radiator from brass. He was that sort of guy, but also sort of comically clumsy. After posting I remembered it was actually a bonsai he left his keys under. He had a bonsai collection. from memory he just cut a shallow slot in the timber frame to accomodate the pipe. I helped with the repair. It wasnt bad work really, just who he was.

Chub

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We purchased Alaska and before that the Louisiana Purchase from countries in debt. We even purchased Florida from Spain. But I hope is doesnt come to selling our land or our National Parks. But countries like Russia, Korea, China and the Arabian oil countries are already discussing removing the US dollar as the worlds reserve currency because its no longer backed by gold. Can you blame them? How long are they gonna sit back and allow us to print unlimited amounts of the worlds reserve currency on worthless paper? We are so far in debt there is no reversing it. We can print money as need but we are still in debt?? Think about it? Thats how bad it is. I think nothing short of a war will remove our debt to foreign nations at this point. Get ready for a SHTF scenario.

Sorry that I have to agree with you. I hate what unconstitutional BS has been done to this country. International banksters high-jacked this nation in 1913 with their "Federal Reserve Act". Been a long slow painful death for our economy ever since. Even worse is our own politicians are complicit with these foreign gangsters. Woodrow Wilson knew that he'd made a colossal mistake after he signed the Federal Reserve Act. A bit late to get a "conscience" Woody. Loads of other illegal and unconstitutional BS prior to this and after have been going on and We the People are too distracted to take notice it appears. When it all goes south I hope ya'll know your neighbors real well and have a contingency plan in place hopefully in some rural area away from the cities. Those places will become hell holes worse than what they are already. Peace.

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
yes, he did everything himself. ...from memory he just cut a shallow slot in the timber frame to accomodate the pipe. I helped with the repair. It wasnt bad work really, just who he was.

Chub
When you cut a slot in the timber frame, the proper way to do it is put a piece of metal over it. They sell a special metal shield plate just for that purpose.
plate.jpg

Last edited:

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the tip BCH. Hes passed on. But I will email it to god... (sometimes refered to as Terry Soloman) Terry please fwd to Vern. It is raining heavily here right now so perhaps Vern is doing the plumbing upstairs?

Chub

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Apologies, quite a ways from the 3 buck trowel.

Chub

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Thanks for the tip BCH. Hes passed on. But I will email it to god... (sometimes refered to as Terry Soloman) Terry please fwd to Vern. It is raining heavily here right now so perhaps Vern is doing the plumbing upstairs?

Chub

LOL Even if its not inspected and im working on my own house, I always do repairs up to code. Its best that way. Do it right the first time so it wont cause problems down the road.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread