Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have no idea who you are or your political stances, Tim. I DO have an opinion on cheating a disabled person because "he probably doesn't know or care what a coin is worth".

Whatever. Read my original post again. I stated that I would keep any "good" coins. Never said anything about their worth. A good coin to me is one on my bucket list. A V nickel, flying eagle cent, seated liberty dime, trime and many other coins that have little or no value when they're dug out of the ground.

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Whatever. Read my original post again. I stated that I would keep any "good" coins. Never said anything about their worth. A good coin to me is one on my bucket list. A V nickel, flying eagle cent, seated liberty dime, trime and many other coins that have little or no value when they're dug out of the ground.

I fail to see a difference in how much one takes from a disabled person makes any difference. The act is what it is.

And my quote is from your post(#21) directly above mine(#22).

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, not going to be baited by you. Everyone knows what I meant, including yourself. Let it go and try and stir the pot somewhere else.

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah OK; thanks to a PM from another member here, I do remember now that you leave the thread when you get successfully called out on an issue. To me, taking any amount of money from a handicapped person because he doesn't know any better is a Moral issue, but I understand that not everyone thinks that way anymore.

OP
OP
washingtonian

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
I ended up just giving everything to the kid. I really appreciate everyone's opinions on this! It was helpful to see how others would handle it. In the future, I think I'm going to go back with two detectors so we can both work the area and keep our own finds. Thanks again!

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah OK; thanks to a PM from another member here, I do remember now that you leave the thread when you get successfully called out on an issue. To me, taking any amount of money from a handicapped person because he doesn't know any better is a Moral issue, but I understand that not everyone thinks that way anymore.
Ok, guys. Calm down. Both. Yesterday I was watching tv. I didn't like the program that was on so I ........ changed channels. ╦╦Ç

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ok, guys. Calm down. Both. Yesterday I was watching tv. I didn't like the program that was on so I ........ changed channels. ╦╦Ç

You're right of course, Terry. Sometimes words can hurt people. I need to be more sensitive to the feelings of others. :icon_thumleft:

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
Might be better to leave the coins in the ground and take the kid fishing instead.

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Washingtonian,
I like your plan.
Now the kid is on 'the excitement program'.
This will give you a greater opportunity to teach him how the equipment works and how to effectively use it.
Personally, I'd 'salt' the area with a few finds just to assure he finds something--and therefore keep his interest while he learns how to use the equipment.
While you give him a 'fish' to eat today, you are also teaching him to 'fish' for himself.
Don......

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Might be better to leave the coins in the ground and take the kid fishing instead.
NOPE! Detecting still on top. ╦╦Ç

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
NOPE! Detecting still on top. ╦╦Ç

Gotta agree with that. Besides, it'd be hard to hide all the fish as you caught them so the kid wouldn't notice. You'd never be able to take all those fish home for yourself. Wait, Terry did you just hurt the feelings of fishermen?

chatterbait

Dec 27, 2016
Gloucester co.NJ
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4,AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gotta agree with that. Besides, it'd be hard to hide all the fish as you caught them so the kid wouldn't notice. You'd never be able to take all those fish home for yourself. Wait, Terry did you just hurt the feelings of fishermen?
A little bit but I'll get over it.hahahaha

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I probably hurt someone's feelings everyday. That's called DIVERSITY! (no apologies here) ╦╦Ç

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread