Irma now a Cat 5...

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I heard from my brother this morning, he is in Sarasota. Still has cell phone service but no power. He say they expected buildings to fly by them. Did not happen. He said he doesn't know about his house yet.

They are not out of the woods yet down there, but thank God they ain't still stuck up a tree.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
She knocked out power here in Moultrie around 10, I think. I got word from a neighbor that our homes had survived in Davie Fl. I have almost no battery now, have sat in closet with the birds since about 9am. Its clearing here, but I still got 37, 5 story pine trees around the house, lol. Will grill and eat with neighbor later and charge phone in car when things are calmed and settled a little more. All the power lines running TO my houses here, seems to still be there. This has not been fun!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Daughter & family ok. Tree limb missed the car, 2 sections of fence down, few shingles gone, & the paint on the hood of her car is wrinkled???
I"m guessing it's a second rate paint job to start with, rain soaked it lose and wind blew it into wrinkles. [emoji6]

Now TS irma is heading up near a friends in Georgia.

Has anyone heard from the T Net members in Key West?

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've never been more happy to see a 45 yo bottle of rectified turpentine oil, in all my life!
LOL!

On fb there has been some key westerners checking in, try and search there.....
Good luck and stay safe all.

OH! Check the shipwreck hunters sub-forum, too. They may be chiming in over there.

fish1on

Silver Member
Aug 28, 2012
Farr West, utah
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70 with 6.5", 10" Elliptical, & 11" Search Coil. Garret pro pointer AT, Minelab excaliber II (New machine)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My in laws live in Punta Gorda and survived but much flooding damage to their 4th story condo due to flooding from above them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread