Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Miami, Interstate 95 and Fl turnpike, all traffic headed north including south bound lanes.

5c4901db6f2e2b6779d073175baaab8c.jpg

January 20, 2017 A New Beginning!
I was wondering how long it was going to take them to open all lanes for north bound traffic.
They tell everyone to get out, but they know darn well that isn't possible and won't happen. But you would think they would have opened all lanes sooner to accommodate the out bound traffic flow.

They just mentioned that Pompano high school is now shelter...unless they rebuilt it, good luck with that.

I'm a little surprised that the state evacuation planning wasn't better.
Its not like its a surprise what happens during one of these. They just have to do the math.

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was wondering how long it was going to take them to open all lanes for north bound traffic.
They tell everyone to get out, but they know darn well that isn't possible and won't happen. But you would think they would have opened all lanes sooner to accommodate the out bound traffic flow.

They just mentioned that Pompano high school is now shelter...unless they rebuilt it, good luck with that.

I'm a little surprised that the state evacuation planning wasn't better.
Its not like its a surprise what happens during one of these. They just have to do the math.

the only problem with opening inbound to outbound, is fuel deliveries.

they would need to keep at least one lane dedicated to inbound.
for those running out of gas before they leave and those running out idling in that mess

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Miami, Interstate 95 and Fl turnpike, all traffic headed north including south bound lanes.

5c4901db6f2e2b6779d073175baaab8c.jpg

Couple of Januarys ago I had to go like ten miles down US 41, Tamiami Trail on a bluebird, weekend day. There I was sitting at traffic lights, keep getting passed by Mennonites on bicycles. It was not too alarming until I noticed that I kept getting passed by the same Mennonite for four miles.

That storm is moving at 14-17mph. So, if you still want to get out the question is, "can you peddle 20mph?" :dontknow:

Getting high pressure here in the Midwest today. Godwilling it'll blow that hurricane back out to sea.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just hope no one gets stuck in their car, not a good place to be stranded.

They may have to send fuel supply trucks down the shoulders of the interstate if cars start running out of gas & blocking the road.
It will look like the interstates around here during the blizzard of '78', with solid lines of cars just sitting there, no drivers.

KEYSHUNTER

Sep 29, 2007
florida keys
Detector(s) used
;whites dual PI
well, here we go..looks like donna in the 60s,marathon could get whacked??? bart need a uhaul for all that treasure?? hehe ..everybody hunker down

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys in the keys & southetn Fla. please stay safe, this is going to be a real bad one.
Lets us know you're ok when you can.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It wasn't a long distance, just to get them out of the Miami area. You can't blame the officials or the evacuation plan, they ordered evacuations early and mandatory, it is the largest evacuation in South Florida history that's a lot of cars put on a highway. You have to get fuel south to keep traffic moving . My next door neighbor had family driving up from Miami it's normally 3.5 hour trip, it took him a little over 8 hours to get here in Oralano.

Interstate 75 was backup for a hundreds of miles with traffic north. People not realizing they are still in the hurricane's path in Ga and Al...

Headhunter, I remember Donna, I rode Hurricane Donna out in Brandon Fl, I was 12.

Sent from my P008 using Tapatalk

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We left last night at 1am. Took the long way to my sisters house outside of Atlanta. I-95 to I-16 west then north from Macon. It took 14.5 hours to go just under 750 miles. Not too bad considering the amount of traffic. No problems getting fuel. My brother in laws sister took the fl turnpike to I-75 up here also. They took the "short" route, about 80 miles shorter but it took them 20 hours. I have been up since 5am yesterday though so I'm beat. Looks like it's gonna fo to the west coast afterall. Hope everyone fares well. Good luck.

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am expletive terrified.
FWIW.... I've enjoyed being a member of Tnet since Nov 13..... lots of friends and treasures we have shared.
Godspeed all....
Pray for me and my family.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FWIW.... I've enjoyed being a member of Tnet since Nov 13..... lots of friends and treasures we have shared.
Godspeed all....

Stay Safe ! I'll be hoping to hear From you ( and all our Members) each Day & after

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Godspeed all....

Starting to blow down here dave, keep your head down and your powder dry. I just filled my crystal springs water bottle up for emergency supplies.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sand bags.
Where are they getting the sand they are Delivering to people ?

The beaches ?

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Godspeed all....
This isn't good not good news for the West coast folks. Keep safe Dave all the best, hope that you and your family come out of this ok. This goes out to all the members that are being effected by Irma, be safe.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sand bags.

The beaches ?

There are distribution centers for sand here in south fl. They dump the sand in a central location and you fill the bags yourself and load them in your vehicle. Dont know where the sand comes from though.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are distribution centers for sand here in south fl. They dump the sand in a central location and you fill the bags yourself and load them in your vehicle. Dont know where the sand comes from though.

I'm wondering if it's Sifted or if there are chances of
some being packaged with a prize. Like CrackerJack.

Sorry I'm Always Thinking of Treasure

Last edited:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guess it wouldn't hurt to wave a detector over the bags.

They just said it shiffted again, a little more west.
Watch it go out in the gulf then head north.

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When they restore gulf beaches that are constantly being swept out to sea they use sand they dredge up from the botton of the gulf.

I have seen a sand dredge working off Venice beach and sucking up sand a couple miles out to put back where it was.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Sand bags.

The beaches ?
Florida is #15 in sand mining production, and is graded as a construction grade for the sand bags, and does not come from the beaches.
Some of this inland sand has been used to replenish the beaches after a storm in combination with dredging.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's getting sporty down here lots of trees down. Starting to blow good. Surge is not to bad so far.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hopefully it downgraded after scraping Cuba.
Stay safe!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions