Creepy

RandyTheKid

Mar 16, 2018
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay let's hope this is the appropriate place for this discussion it relates to relics and hunting.

Have you ever been to a place hunting that really creeped you out? Did you feel like there was something paranormal or something odd off about the location. Have you found an old relic or bought something that had an uneasy vibe to the object? Or maybe brought something into your house and something odd happened. If you had anything happen please tell me about the location or object.

As for me nothing unusual has happened in my house after bringing relics home. But I have felt super uneasy and felt watched while checking out an old graveyard. I apologize if this is in the wrong location, I will delete if so. Thanks!

Dechert360

Feb 1, 2018
Florida
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Ohhh I really like this topic and excited to hear what others say.

rotty23

Nov 9, 2005
Greer SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab quattro and AT Pro
Yes....had something speak to me thru my headphones twice one day...got the hell out of there....there was a rumor the old house was haunted....all that was said to me was HELLO twice in about 5 minutes

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Used to happen in a 400 acre park in Toronto. Felt like I was being watched, sure enough I got to see the bushes move, and jiggle, and making sounds.
CREEPY guy having, doing something.
Flashed the old 8" Bowie knife I used to dig with, CREEPY disappeared.:)

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Manticore & XP Deus II , 2 Garrett carrots, Minelab find 35 pin pointer, NX6 shovel , 31” Lesche shovel, whites digmaster, Lesche hand trowel, 3-5 gallon buckets full of crappola
Primary Interest:
Other
Not relic hunting but walking the off beaten trails of a battlefield at night

OP
OP
R

RandyTheKid

Mar 16, 2018
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes....had something speak to me thru my headphones twice one day...got the hell out of there....there was a rumor the old house was haunted....all that was said to me was HELLO twice in about 5 minutes

Wow man! I would have been scared the moment I heard anything say hello that wasn't there. I'm assuming what I asked happens more with people who collect antics from flea markets. Did you stay or leave?

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
i was hunting a old house site were the house had burned down i was digging a signal and i looked up there was a guy i was on my property i had a pistol i drew and said what the :censored: are you doing here. he slowly disappeared creepy

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes. On the Brandywine Battlefield, on occasion I'd what I thought was voices in the headphones. Apparently it was inadvertent radio noise from the Philadelphia Airport being picked up somehow, as I noticed every time it happened, I could see a commercial jet go by.

On the other hand, there is an ancient site on the Susquehanna River not far from me, that just plain feels creepy. No explanation. They even put in a ball park and fields, and it STILL feels creepy. The Spanish got there about 1575, the English by 1610, just for a visit, and the natives about 10,000 years ago.

maccounty

Jan 7, 2016
SwMissouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Minelab go find 60 Garrett pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, detecting in a cave supposedly blasted in during the Civil War. It felt very off, I even got sick for quite awhile. Dang near killed me, not kidding. Very weird feeling and I'm not usually bothered by things.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
nothing has bothered me, probably cause I am the top predator on the planet

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just happened to me the other day. There's a cellar hole I get a bad vibe at whenever I'm near it. Always feel like I'm being watched. I was detecting without headphones on and someone whistled right behind me in my ear. Only problem, there wasn't anyone around! It wasn't loud, but definitely a whistle. Kind of like the sound you make to call a dog. From now on, I only detect that spot in the middle of the day!

OP
OP
R

RandyTheKid

Mar 16, 2018
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow despite the paranormal occurrences and freaky things you guys are making me want to buy a metal detector.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
While on vaca in Hawaii, I dug an ancient Tiki doll...and I've had nothing but bad luck ever since.

mikefromIllinois

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2008
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-3D
Have been detecting an old ( 1867-1910 ) methodist campmeeting grounds for about 8yrs. I have hunted it at least 25 times, and have always had the feeling of being watched. The more times I hunted it the less it bothered me to hunt it, but the feeling is always there. These things were really high energy events in their day. They would sometimes last up to a week with a lot of preaching and people running and screaming and falling down when they thought they were being saved.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions