Holy Cow is that Wind COLD!
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 43
Like Tree86Likes

Thread: Holy Cow is that Wind COLD!

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
  1. #1
    us
    Title? old fart

    Jun 2014
    mid western ARK
    XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
    8,581
    12539 times
    Relic Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (3)

    Holy Cow is that Wind COLD!

    it has been up in the 50s for a couple of days with lows in the low 30s, Felt pretty nice other than being still very wet. but today, the bottom has fallen out again and that wind is bitter! it is a wet cold wind that makes guys like me hurt and get chilled to the bone. Already 28 and still dropping fast. yeah this is Arkansas and this is what happens here, snow one day and 90 degrees the next except we haven't seen any of those type days this year. my cold liking days are over, I am a fair weather man now, more on the warmer side
    LUKE 15 : 8 "OR WHAT WOMAN, IF SHE HAS TEN SILVER COINS AND LOSES ONE COIN,DOES NOT LIGHT A LAMP AND SWEEP THE HOUSE AND SEARCH CAREFULLY UNTIL SHE FINDS IT?" 15 : 9 "AND WHEN SHE HAS FOUND IT, SHE CALLS TOGETHER HER FRIENDS AND NEIGHBORS, SAYING, "REJOICE WITH ME, FOR I HAVE FOUND THE COIN WHICH I HAD LOST!"

  2. #2
    It's coming for us Wednesday.
    A2coins likes this.

  3. #3

    Mar 2013
    31
    31 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    You donít know bitter.

  4. #4
    us
    Title? old fart

    Jun 2014
    mid western ARK
    XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
    8,581
    12539 times
    Relic Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by hardballer View Post
    You don’t know bitter.
    oh I might know a little bit about it. lived 3 1/2 years in Germany back in early 60s, a year just south of Chicago in the plains spent a little time in New England, been to Greenland, Canada and a few others
    LUKE 15 : 8 "OR WHAT WOMAN, IF SHE HAS TEN SILVER COINS AND LOSES ONE COIN,DOES NOT LIGHT A LAMP AND SWEEP THE HOUSE AND SEARCH CAREFULLY UNTIL SHE FINDS IT?" 15 : 9 "AND WHEN SHE HAS FOUND IT, SHE CALLS TOGETHER HER FRIENDS AND NEIGHBORS, SAYING, "REJOICE WITH ME, FOR I HAVE FOUND THE COIN WHICH I HAD LOST!"

  5. #5
    Charter Member
    us
    WolfPack member

    Aug 2009
    New Hampshire
    Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
    12,824
    7961 times
    The Truth
    Up on mt washington during the cold spell,without the wind chill it was -25 degrees f.

  6. #6
    us
    Been there...Dug that

    Mar 2015
    Northern Illinois
    MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS, White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
    2,063
    2395 times
    Metal Detecting
    Ugh. It's 14/-8 with 30 mph gusts n snow falling here right now. Regular ground blizzard. I was watching snow devils dance in the cornfield across from my house. Should b fun tomorrow...-28/-55. LP fuel won't vaporize after -40, I hear. 😞
    "There's GOLD in them thar hills! Well...at least a coupla nice Mercs."

  7. #7
    us
    Dec 2012
    Concrete, WA
    Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
    3,515
    6063 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Ogre1190 View Post
    Ugh. It's 14/-8 with 30 mph gusts n snow falling here right now. Regular ground blizzard. I was watching snow devils dance in the cornfield across from my house. Should b fun tomorrow...-28/-55. LP fuel won't vaporize after -40, I hear. ��
    Can you get a couple tarps over your LP tank? Don't know how the
    wind chill affects the tank, but that'll at least stop the wind from direct
    contact with the tank.
    A2coins, dirtlooter and Ogre1190 like this.
    Mike (aka Dizz)

    "If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude better than the animating contest
    of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick
    the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you
    were our countrymen." ~~ Samuel Adams, 1776

    Dizzy's Super-Simple, Universal Rule of Forum Conduct: Don't be an ass.

  8. #8
    us
    Lookit Tha Size O' Those Hog-Mollies!!!

    Jan 2009
    SW MO
    Garrett AT Pro/ Fisher M-Scope 1280-X
    2,819
    4595 times
    Yep. I went to work this morning in short sleeves..around 8am put on a fleece..came home at six with my 0į bibs and heavy coat on.... Temporarily living in a 5th wheel trying to rebuild from a house fire...("all weather" RV's are a joke...lol)

  9. #9
    Charter Member
    us
    Tommy

    Dec 2015
    Ann Arbor
    Equinox 800
    24,094
    30843 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    Michigan tues wed minus 12 degrees wind chill minus 40 brrrrrhhhh
    dirtlooter, Ogre1190, SD51 and 2 others like this.

    Approved TreasureNet Stickers

    .:: $3.00 for 11" X 3" Bumper Sticker ::.

    (Free Shipping)


    SEE: TreasureNet Bumper Stickers

  10. #10
    us
    Title? old fart

    Jun 2014
    mid western ARK
    XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
    8,581
    12539 times
    Relic Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by Red James Cash View Post
    Up on mt washington during the cold spell,without the wind chill it was -25 degrees f.
    my wife lived right below Mt Washington for 5-6 years, been on it several times, things chained down for the wind is so bad
    A2coins and Ogre1190 like this.
    LUKE 15 : 8 "OR WHAT WOMAN, IF SHE HAS TEN SILVER COINS AND LOSES ONE COIN,DOES NOT LIGHT A LAMP AND SWEEP THE HOUSE AND SEARCH CAREFULLY UNTIL SHE FINDS IT?" 15 : 9 "AND WHEN SHE HAS FOUND IT, SHE CALLS TOGETHER HER FRIENDS AND NEIGHBORS, SAYING, "REJOICE WITH ME, FOR I HAVE FOUND THE COIN WHICH I HAD LOST!"

  11. #11
    I've been at the base of Mt. Washington. My car refused to go up it! It said it was too steep and that was in June. There was still snow on the top. I HATE the winter howling winds.

  12. #12
    Charter Member
    us
    Jun 2013
    East Tennessee
    6,953
    6699 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtlooter View Post
    oh I might know a little bit about it. lived 3 1/2 years in Germany back in early 60s, a year just south of Chicago in the plains spent a little time in New England, been to Greenland, Canada and a few others
    I hear you dirtlooter! I spent 4 years and 4 months in Germany (formerly West Germany) from April 1973 to August 1977. Served 2 years and 2 months at Kirchgoens, a large hill or small mountain in the Fulda Valley and went to Grafenwoehr 3 times, Hohenfels 3 times but one of those was for Weapons School, Alsfeld 3 or 4 times, Fulda twice, Friedberg Training Area once and Wildflecken once where we were snowed in for 3 days by a Spring Blizzard. The last two years was spent delivering supplies and equipment all over West Germany and Amsterdam, Holland with a two week driving stint in the Brussels, Belgium area, driving a Turkish General during NATO talks. After that, I was stationed at Fort Sheridan, Illinois from September 1977 to March 30, 1978 where I went through the 1977-1978 Blizzard. Damn was it ever cold and the most snow I had ever seen in my life with the exception of on the top of the Zugspitze where there was 34 meters of snow during my visit there in mid-July 1974. We wanted to go back up there the very next day but it snowed more than 3 meters of new snow during the night.

  13. #13

    Apr 2014
    Tartarus Dorsa mountains
    1,598
    836 times
    Stayin' alive :D
    and keep some of the earth's heat in play

    "Can you get a couple tarps over your LP tank? Don't know how the
    wind chill affects the tank, but that'll at least stop the wind from direct
    contact with the tank. "
    Last edited by ConceptualizedNetherlandr; Jan 28, 2019 at 08:12 PM.
    Improving the world, one post at a time

  14. #14
    Charter Member
    us
    DEPLORABLE

    Jul 2015
    Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
    E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
    21,395
    21092 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Red James Cash View Post
    Up on mt washington during the cold spell,without the wind chill it was -25 degrees f.
    10th mountain division had a yearly rendezvous up there. I rode my Harley up there, got the patch to prove it. It was coming down that was tough for me.
    SOMETIMES I WISH I DIDN'T KNOW NOW ,,, WHAT I DIDN'T KNOW THEN,, Bob Seger

  15. #15
    us
    Title? old fart

    Jun 2014
    mid western ARK
    XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
    8,581
    12539 times
    Relic Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntsman53 View Post
    I hear you dirtlooter! I spent 4 years and 4 months in Germany (formerly West Germany) from April 1973 to August 1977. Served 2 years and 2 months at Kirchgoens, a large hill or small mountain in the Fulda Valley and went to Grafenwoehr 3 times, Hohenfels 3 times but one of those was for Weapons School, Alsfeld 3 or 4 times, Fulda twice, Friedberg Training Area once and Wildflecken once where we were snowed in for 3 days by a Spring Blizzard. The last two years was spent delivering supplies and equipment all over West Germany and Amsterdam, Holland with a two week driving stint in the Brussels, Belgium area, driving a Turkish General during NATO talks. After that, I was stationed at Fort Sheridan, Illinois from September 1977 to March 30, 1978 where I went through the 1977-1978 Blizzard. Damn was it ever cold and the most snow I had ever seen in my life with the exception of on the top of the Zugspitze where there was 34 meters of snow during my visit there in mid-July 1974. We wanted to go back up there the very next day but it snowed more than 3 meters of new snow during the night.
    yep, have seen some very deep snow, the deepest was in Germany but was a lot younger then and loved it. Found out what those stupid fences were for in Illinois LOL. One of the prettiest places was Goosebay
    A2coins and huntsman53 like this.
    LUKE 15 : 8 "OR WHAT WOMAN, IF SHE HAS TEN SILVER COINS AND LOSES ONE COIN,DOES NOT LIGHT A LAMP AND SWEEP THE HOUSE AND SEARCH CAREFULLY UNTIL SHE FINDS IT?" 15 : 9 "AND WHEN SHE HAS FOUND IT, SHE CALLS TOGETHER HER FRIENDS AND NEIGHBORS, SAYING, "REJOICE WITH ME, FOR I HAVE FOUND THE COIN WHICH I HAD LOST!"

 

 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Slim Pickens in the Cold and Wind.
    By Kurios1 in forum Today's Finds!
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: Dec 07, 2017, 04:03 PM
  2. Replies: 401
    Last Post: Mar 09, 2015, 06:23 AM
  3. Rain,wind,& cold
    By Produce Guy in forum Finds - Texas
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: Nov 26, 2013, 02:00 PM
  4. Its a cold wind out there...
    By JRuss in forum Finds - Iowa
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: Mar 28, 2011, 05:48 PM
  5. a sunny day but cold wind ...
    By HISPAN in forum Today's Finds!
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: Feb 10, 2010, 08:39 PM
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0