Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_0432.JPG My honest assessment good for specific kinda hunts

Got-Good-Tones posted a survey on TreasureNet a while ago about a digging tool he designed. I suggested to him via PM that he send one or two out to some of us Tnetters to try out in the field and give an honest unbiased review of the digging tool. I agreed to try it out, and I also asked Truth1253 if he would be willing to try it out and give his honest review, knowing that he is well known and respected on Tnet and he was more than happy to do so.

Pros:

• This thing is freaking strong.
  • I live in Michigan and the ground is frozen this time of year, and this worked great for breaking the top layer of frozen dirt.
  • I found an old foundation in the woods and I posted some of my finds last week. The relics were bottles and a hammer axe or pipe tomahawk (hopefully I’ll see once I clean it up more) but this tool worked great when prying out the bottles which my Lesche would have broke because they were stacked on top of each other. It also helped get the axe head out being a big target. I like that it isn’t hard like the Lesche, so for more sensitive relics this is a really good asset to have.
  • I like that it is light in weight, and I actually strapped it on my Garrett AT Max shaft and hardly even notice it while metal detecting.
  • I also like it when you have the times where you have a deep coin or relic and the Pin Pointer is buzzing but you just can’t find the target, this digging tool works great for digging the sides of the hole out more, because if you hit the coin or relic with this digging tool you would have a hard time damaging it compared to the Lesche.
  • I live in Ann Arbor Michigan and I detect in the Huron River a lot, and this tool was very useful in the water because there are so many rocks and I did not want to bang up the old Lesche.

Cons:

• It isn’t as useful as the Lesche for digging, but appears to be designed for after you dig your initial plug.
  • Does not work well on tree roots.

In Conclusion:

I think that this is a great tool for specific types of hunting; when out bottle hunting this thing would be perfect. I also think for relics where there are targets that you would want to recover gently and not damage. Was pretty good when detecting in the river due to all the rocks. I liked that it strapped on the shaft of my detector with little weight issue and out of the way. I did use it to locate a deep coin that I was having trouble finding in the ditch I had to dig LOL. I was worried I might nick it with my Lesche and this digging tool was cool to have to widen the hole. This digging tool is not for every one, but we all have our tools and pouches and diggers we swear by, but depending on what you dig this could be a cool tool. I’m going to keep this baby for a while and continue testing it out. I don’t know this Tnetter beyond him sending me this digging tool to try out.

That’s my 2 cents. Tommy (A.K.A…A2coins) Happy Hunting we got minus 9 below Tuesday, and minus 12 Wednesday with 40 below wind chill plus 6 inches of the white nonsense I feel like a prisoner. I have hunted all the floors in my house and found lots of old nails The wife wont let me post em!!!!!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
A2coins

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ill upload a picture OOOoooops

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I agree A2 with everything you said. As you know I am very hard on my equipment I’ve pretty much broken everything including steel shovels but I have to admit whatever it’s made of I couldn’t break it if I tried and I did try. Very strange. What I have mainly used this for is when I the iron pit it has saved me so much time I dig the plug take my tool and dig out y sides all the way around and it works great!! Then I take my magnet and all that iron is removed it has saved me SO MUCH time. It’s what my leasche can’t do. I like to thank Got-Good-Tones for giving e the opportunity to try it and making my ice a lot easier. Thank you and God Bless you on your business adventure. 50F48304-A19A-4E53-B138-E185D644DEA5.jpeg BA9B8CF5-8A52-422E-B8AC-7CC1FD5ECB23.jpeg 4E78D269-CC34-4D2F-8C0D-930FCE6ED723.jpeg

Last edited:

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
cool, atta fit somebody's needs

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
well when you guys find someone on here inventing little folk to dig holes and the US gov is not calling it slavery, have them send me two. My God my body hurts always taking a knee; retired twice now, still maintain my Cycling Pro Card and can easy pound out 300 miles in a day on any of my bikes, but after a few hours of taking a knee and getting up over and over again, that makes me feel like an old man.

so keep me in mind is you see someone selling a little digger.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Get some glucosomine tablets oddjob.one of my elbows was giving me troubles.hurt like hell just straightening my arm out in the morning.started taking the glucosomine,no more trouble.

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Get some glucosomine tablets oddjob.one of my elbows was giving me troubles.hurt like hell just straightening my arm out in the morning.started taking the glucosomine,no more trouble.

Going to look into that, thanks man.

still wouldnt mind me a little digger.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
some brands work better than others so you might have to try a couple.before i started taking it my elbow would ache at times during a days work.sometimes i couldnt lift 20 30 pounds with it.doesnt bother me in the least now.

OP
OP
A2coins

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glucosomine ehh I know some times after climbing hills Ill wake up from the dream of being on a nice beach drinking the margarita ect when that old Horse shows up whats it name Wildfire, nope CHARLIE that will wake you right up you straighten your leg out and roar like a angry albino lion rrrrhhhhh does it help with that??????? Not to change the thread that tool is pretty cool for bottles and relics and ICE we are looking at 17 below with 50 below wind chills Global freezing!!!!!!lol

lairmo

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2009
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Fisher M-Scope 1280-X
Glucosomine ehh I know some times after climbing hills Ill wake up from the dream of being on a nice beach drinking the margarita ect when that old Horse shows up whats it name Wildfire, nope CHARLIE that will wake you right up you straighten your leg out and roar like a angry albino lion rrrrhhhhh does it help with that??????? Not to change the thread that tool is pretty cool for bottles and relics and ICE we are looking at 17 below with 50 below wind chills Global freezing!!!!!!lol

Looks like A2 has developed Cabin Fever...lol

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other

Good luck with Charlie, I get it so bad I have to stand up some kind of fast and do a calve stretch. Always freaks my wife out, she told me once that she heard from other wives of my Team mates that sometimes their men get up in the middle of the night and clear the house. Not me, sure have no issues with anything I have done; told her though it just means I need a midnight lay. She said what, really, are you sure, I said no, but your from a third world country, even if you are Royal you people believe some crazy stuff that falls out of white folks mouths.

Maybe that new digger of yours could be used as a brace support as well to keep Charlie away; now if that works I am sure buying one or four.

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good luck with Charlie, I get it so bad I have to stand up some kind of fast and do a calve stretch. Always freaks my wife out, she told me once that she heard from other wives of my Team mates that sometimes their men get up in the middle of the night and clear the house. Not me, sure have no issues with anything I have done; told her though it just means I need a midnight lay. She said what, really, are you sure, I said no, but your from a third world country, even if you are Royal you people believe some crazy stuff that falls out of white folks mouths.

Maybe that new digger of yours could be used as a brace support as well to keep Charlie away; now if that works I am sure buying one or four.

I get restless leg syndrome and marijuana seems to help.

OP
OP
A2coins

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just might

Got-Good-Tones

Mar 17, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A2coins,

I feel your pain bro...:usflag: Not too bad here in Idaho tho...:laughing7: Last night it was (Gasp) 19 above 0...suppose to be in the low 40's during the day for the next couple of days...:headbang: :headbang:

Got-Good-Tones

OP
OP
A2coins

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had to go to monster in laws house cause they wouldn't listen when I told them to keep the water running so the pipes don't freeze its only minus 17 and minus 40 wind chill tonight well they froze they didn't listen, I actually had that digger tool to break the ice on the skirting to shut the water off that's a swiss army knife. Its 330 ish in the am just got back home now I got try to get a plumber out there Ill bet that's going to be hard with all the frozen pipes many people have.rrrrrhhhh$$$$$$

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had to go to monster in laws house cause they wouldn't listen when I told them to keep the water running so the pipes don't freeze its only minus 17 and minus 40 wind chill tonight well they froze they didn't listen, I actually had that digger tool to break the ice on the skirting to shut the water off that's a swiss army knife. Its 330 ish in the am just got back home now I got try to get a plumber out there Ill bet that's going to be hard with all the frozen pipes many people have.rrrrrhhhh$$$$$$

Sorry to hear this Tommy, I see that there's an emergency alert for everyone to lower their thermostats to 67 degrees until Friday to save on natural gas. Man it's cold out there!

Got-Good-Tones

Mar 17, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A2coins,

Might want to keep that digging tool in the car/truck at all times...:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Sounds like you are coming up with all kinds of ways to press it into service...:thumbsup:

Got-Good-Tones

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry Tommy that you have to suffer the cold winter but spring is right around the corner and you’ll be using that digger.
Wish you could’ve been here when it was 80 degrees last week.
Stay warm Bud!

firemanphob

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2018
Lanesville, IN
Detector(s) used
White Coin master 4000
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't want to hijack the thread but something I found to really help Charlie horses is dill pickle juice. Know it sounds crazy but I was waking up every night with leg cramps and a man at work told me to drink dill pickle juice and it really works. When we empty a jar of pickles, we leave the jar of juice in the fridge and when I start having them again I just get a drink of the juice and it stops them in their tracks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread