Not open for further replies.

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where you able to get a picture of the hat that the insignia came off of?

Do you know what type of hat it was? Since it was a collar insignia from the WWI era that was put on a hat where it didn't belong, are we sure it's a military hat?

What did the hat look like? Color, material type, soft, hard, lining inside, any other adorning's on it or labels inside it?

Last edited:

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So do I are and most members.

A fair bit of skepticism should be expected by anyone posting a claim that, if true, could prove to be one of the greatest civil war finds of all time. I'm a skeptic by nature but I hope in the end his evidence is clear and compelling and he takes me to school and makes me his little ____ and I end up eating my humble pie with a side of horse manure with my skepticism. I hope pictures of multiple confederate guns, saddles, crates, hats and boots neatly stacked and tucked away in a cave are incoming. I literally will be the first to congratulate him on such an epic find of a lifetime.

Last edited:

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As a moderator on another metal detecting forum I am always concerned when new posters make big claims. Forums are under constant attack by those who just want to disrupt things.

Jake, if any of my posts offended you, I apologize. I hope you will put your picture back up and add additional picture when you and your brother get back to the location.

And, remember to be careful in giving out too much information until you have secured this site for your own benefit.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thread closed due to pictures and posts deleted. If members had not attacked Jake pictures and posts might still be posted.

Next time members attack a new member like this you can count on a 30 day timeout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread