Cave found with Confederate muskets, saddles and crates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caches

Mar 11, 2020
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
You’ve been trying to dig the location out of me this entire post and it’s not happening. Yes I gave a fake location because of people like you. You’ve been trolling my post this entire time starting with your comments about the boat I took to get there. Yes me and my brother grew up rough with a well for water we had to pump and a generator for electric that we only ran at night before bed. We had full range to go and do anything we wanted as long as our chores were done. We were taking the boat up and down the rivers bow fishing. Sorry we weren’t sheltered like you were and probably grew up with AC. So stop trying to troll this post and trying to find my location. You’re literally the only person on here that’s given me a hard time just cause your lil brain can’t comprehend that someone actually found something. I’ll delete this hole thread and just say forget this site cause I just joined to share what I found and to get advise cause I don’t treasure hunt but dealing with people like you i might as well of posted it on a Facebook group. I’ll get pics next weekend cause this is Easter weekend and got plans with family.

Jake, I really hope you and your brother find something valuable in that cave. Be careful man. Maybe you should have a meeting with everyone who already knows, I believe you said it was your brother and grand parents, and really drive home the need for secrecy with everyone. Sometimes just casually asking people to keep quiet doesn't do the job. They end up letting it slip because they never really understood what it could mean if someone outside the inner circle found out about it. From beginning to end, end being the successful relocation of valuable items to secure location, everyone has to keep their lips air-tight. Maybe its just abunch of rusted history in there. But you never know... There is always the possibility of much more valuable objects. I dare say even bars of precious metal. Which means you could be putting your very life on the line. When you go out there again make sure you cover up the entrance real good before you leave.

Last edited:

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You’ve been trying to dig the location out of me this entire post and it’s not happening. Yes I gave a fake location because of people like you. You’ve been trolling my post this entire time starting with your comments about the boat I took to get there. Yes me and my brother grew up rough with a well for water we had to pump and a generator for electric that we only ran at night before bed. We had full range to go and do anything we wanted as long as our chores were done. We were taking the boat up and down the rivers bow fishing. Sorry we weren’t sheltered like you were and probably grew up with AC. So stop trying to troll this post and trying to find my location. You’re literally the only person on here that’s given me a hard time just cause your lil brain can’t comprehend that someone actually found something. I’ll delete this hole thread and just say forget this site cause I just joined to share what I found and to get advise cause I don’t treasure hunt but dealing with people like you i might as well of posted it on a Facebook group. I’ll get pics next weekend cause this is Easter weekend and got plans with family.

I apologize if I've come across as demanding or accusatory to you, that wasn't my intent, but as I've mentioned in the past, 11 years as an LE officer has made me very direct with my questioning, but keep in mind you came on here claiming to have found a lost cache of Civil war Guns, Uniforms, Saddles, Crates etc, which if true, would be one of the most Significant Civil war finds in the modern era!!! So you can't really be so surprised as to believe it wouldn't be heavily scrutinized would you?

I could care LESS about where it is, i was simply pointing out differences in your testimony. Seeing what you've described so far, and the attached pictures, imo it's just a dump site, which is cool, but it isn't a lost cache of civil war goods as we've already identified one of the items from around 1920, doesn't mean it doesn't have older items in it, but we know it isn't a lost cache as someone was there dumping stuff in it 70 years later still. You had a generator and well water? Hot damn, you were the one living the lap of luxury, not I. Guess what, were I grew up in Minnesota, we didn't even have well water, we hauled it in in 10 gallon milk cans from the South Fork Church a half mile down the road. We didn't even have an outhouse. I literally shat it the woods!

Are you willing to answer my questions, they are legitimate questions we all have? They don't ask anything about where it is located...

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jake ; For your Convenience Under every Post but your Own,
You Should see this Triangle

000test.jpg

If at any time someone Gets out of Line, Click the triangle And Report Them !

Hopefully No one goes that Far, But if they Do, They need to be removed :coffee2:

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jake, I thought I would check a map I have from 1961 titled, "Battlefields of the Civil War" from NAT-GEO to see what activity took place there in Oklahoma. I didn't realize that at the time Oklahoma was called "Indian Territory".

I've attached a scan from the map and it indicates there was skirmish at Fort Gibson.

There might be a possibility that the weapons were stashed there to prevent the "other side" from obtaining them. Good Luck and be safe!

Attachments

• Indian Territory.jpg
    Indian Territory.jpg
    309.3 KB · Views: 54

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lots of good questions posted. Would getting a lawyer help? I've read accounts of the government sweeping in and taking everything...I hope the story is true...now I imagine this post will attract people to the area...

I agree with that assessment of Murphy's Law in action...!
If this Find is what is said to be, then this becomes a state historical site, as well, so everybody will be wanting
to get in on the deal, too - money, not esthetics and/or history...!!
I envy our finders..., What-A-Find...!

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I apologize to the OP for being the first skeptic = that's just me.

I did not wish to draw question to the finds, I just really wanted to hear the dream sh"t. In other words, tell me this is really true.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Ya just can't come on here posting banner finds in your very first posts without facing questions. I ya can't answer those questions - where does that leave us - those who wish to believe?

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heres the pics:

First is a collar pin from around 1920, the second, we don't know. One poster didn't think it was musket, but maybe a pistol? There must be some gun experts on here.

I had asked if it was missing the barrel and for more pictures of it to no avail.

Click to enlarge:

Attachments

• button2.jpg
    button2.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 242
  • gun.png
    gun.png
    51.1 KB · Views: 271
Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SpanishTHunter 30 Days in the Hole ! Uncalled for Remark !

if you enter this thread after the Ban ends, it Will be Permanent.

Please Don't make me do that !

Last edited:

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heres the pics:

First is a collar pin from around 1920, the second, we don't know. One poster didn't think it was musket, but maybe a pistol? There must be some gun experts on here.

I had asked if it was missing the barrel and for more pictures of it to no avail.

Click to enlarge:

Were those the only 2 pics? There had to be more ??

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Were those the only 2 pics? There had to be more ??

Technically there were 3 posted by the OP, but 2 were identical pictures.

Caches

Mar 11, 2020
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Heres the pics:

Click to enlarge:

Charlie P. said on the previous page that it could be this one...

us_m1836_pistol_left1_small.jpg

And it does look like a possible match. Hopefully he can find one in better condition next time around.

Last edited:

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could be someones collection that was stashed. Good luck hope you make it back out there and recover it all. I would take a metal detector and check the floor. We have a cave here used by the confederates and before. It was a meeting place for certain locals. We spelunked the back end of it and it had names and dates. Subdivision above it collapsed it and made it unstable.
Get what you can carry the stuff out in coolers if possible to keep from tearing them up.
Caves in the day were natural storage areas.
A large stash of civil war rifles were found in a cave on Lookout Mountain years ago.

Caches

Mar 11, 2020
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Jake, some of the members here are truly a wealth of knowledge when it comes to identifying some of items you might find in that cave. You should definitely take as many photos as possible of the entire interior and all the artifacts inside to post here so you can get some expert help free of charge. Now you know to be more careful with location clues, so why not take advantage of all the free expertise and avoid taking the extreme risk of needlessly revealing anything to additional third parties in person? And if you guys can manage to get back out there sooner it'd certainly increase your chance of overall success. Some of it may be more valuable than others. So maybe you could make a preliminary trip on Monday or Tuesday, take all the photos you can and post them here so the experts can start helping you put together a priority list for what to bring back the following weekend. The quicker the better. Looking forward to it brother. Have a nice weekend.

Last edited:

dash4cash

Apr 9, 2018
Saukville, WI
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 300
Garrett AT max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have already cancelled my plans for next weekend, picked up an extra 12 pack, and a couple bags of chips an salsa.

Carl

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To the few it applies to and you know who you are, do you really want to lose the ability to post for the next 30 days when so many other things are already locked down. Please post by our rules.

Unless you have proof you can provide to moderators that Jake is a former member under new name I highly recommend you back off.

Jake is a new member and WILL BE treated with the same respect as other long time members. To those who continue to attack, consider this the last warning to post by our rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions