What is your most unusual find? - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: What is your most unusual find?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Jun 2011
    Oklahoma
    White's XLT
    5661 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by ticndig View Post
    I agree , no respect and cold hearted. they wanted to be rid of them fast so no Archeological did would slow them down.
    the sad part is it was a common practice in Fredericksburg. even a documented and well known civil war fort was bulldozed for new houses.
    My wife's best friend lives in Fredricksburg (never been there myself). Her and her husband have told us that historical sites are disappearing at an alarming rate to make way for big box stores and housing. Rich land developers don't care about history or the dead, they only care about getting richer. City councils are swayed by the sirens song of the tax revenue they stand to gain by turning their back on moral decency.
    villival and ticndig like this.

us
    Grant Brandenburg

Jan 2013
    Colorado
    Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
    21587 times
    Long before the internet id buy the metal detecting treasure finding magazines. I recall an article about privy digging and all the techniques you wanna know to locate the old site of a privy. The article had pictures of old China and bottles dug up and change that accidentally spilled when they dropped their drawers to sit down, but one item was only mentioned, but showed no photo was a carve out of elephant ivory late 19th century dildo that was dug up out of an old privy site. I could only guess how that all ended up in the outhouse so long ago and how was it a woman of victorian times could so discreetly obtain such a device during those times.

us
    Apr 2009
    Cumberland Va
    T-2-SE
    3072 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by jewelerguy View Post
    My wife's best friend lives in Fredricksburg (never been there myself). Her and her husband have told us that historical sites are disappearing at an alarming rate to make way for big box stores and housing. Rich land developers don't care about history or the dead, they only care about getting richer. City councils are swayed by the sirens song of the tax revenue they stand to gain by turning their back on moral decency.
    your wife's friend speaks the truth . I saw many graves wiped out over the 40 years I lived there. they even paved over graves when I-95 widened in Stafford. they are under an estimated 60' of fill .

A dead body. She was a known drug user, and lady of the night. She had been murdered and dumped (they figure, the day before I found her). As far as metal detecting finds, that's a tough one. I have a few unusual finds. Brass Knuckles, and once I found 72 brass tags near a tree in a forest preserve. They were all numbered. Dont know if they had a race there or not, and these were used for the entrants numbers. They were not tree tags though.
    ticndig likes this.

us
    Jan 2011
    838 times
    I was a police detective and was assigned to the Prosecutors major case team. We went looking for the body of a prostitute and I found her by smell.

Charter Member
    us
    Feb 2005
    MI USA
    Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
    2909 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Stewart View Post
    I was a police detective and was assigned to the Prosecutors major case team. We went looking for the body of a prostitute and I found her by smell.
    Can usually do that when they are alive too ! [Or so I have heard ,,,]
    ticndig and gemee like this.

us
    CASPER

Jan 2012
    NEW ENGLAND
    WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
    17515 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (5)
    Ive gotten a few in my time - been at the hobby since 1975 age 12
    this one in in the top 10
    dug this sinker down deep in saltwaters of Maryland - plucked it outta my scoop
    and drop in my pouch - then thought "why would there be a copper/brass ring on it?...it would slice the line"
    plus i thought i saw a pattern on it as i let it drop. reached in and pulled it back out and found it did
    have a pattern and a small diamond chip - When i got back to hotel room ...checked it with a loupe and found
    10k stamp in it. Got to wonder if someone got divorced and threw it out there
    worldtalker and Noah_D like this.
    Motto = "I try to hit where others cant or others wont "

Jul 2020
    22 times
    The tail section off a Pre-World War I torpedo next to the Titanic.
    Last edited by Treasure_Hunter; Nov 15, 2020 at 12:09 PM.

Jul 2020
    22 times

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links