Its dangerous out there

DOCC77

Jan 13, 2007
Re: It's dangerous out there

Rob

You did the rightous thing,if it were me I would have taken the chain and lock away from the guy and beat him with it.Or held him with it till the cops got there.What goes around comes around,this guy will get his ass caught..then see how he likes what he gets......now Im just venting!!!
And by the way..I am a Viet nam vet...thats why Im venting...........

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11

Rob, thanks for sharing your story with us. You are a brave and honorable man. More than likely you saved that mans life. Don't beat yourself up about not having your cell phone. Instead consider it a lesson learned. It was a lesson that I needed to hear about too. I carry my cell phone when I hunt but lately I've been leaving it in the car. Now I'm going to make sure I have it on me at all times.

Gods speed,
Pepper

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Good for you Rob.

I am a fighter and probably woulda beat him to a pulp....I lose my temper very easy when things like that happen.

I pounded someone once when he was kicking a puppy and laughing, thinking it quite funny until I rounded the corner and confronted him.
All he kept saying was his dad was a biker and he was gonna get him after me.

Says what kind of parents he had, doesn't it?

There is something seriously wrong with society when those less fortunate are targeted like that.

Al

Mr.Jody

Jul 6, 2008
florida and everywhere....
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5 Quicksilver

Here in Florida, we have all kinds of wild animals AND people,lol.I ALWAYS take my little 4-10 pump ,pistol grip shoygun,yea, its the leagal one, not sawed off..hehehe

baspinall

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2006
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thanks for the story, your a good person.

Brian

pegleg

Aug 9, 2008
Hell's Cotton Field- NC
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT

I carry a .40 cal for self defense while detecting. In North Carolina, protection of an Innocent (the Bum) from the commission of a felony (assault with a weapon) gives you the right to drop trigger on a punk. I hope that you strongly consider purchasing and carrying a handgun while detecting. The world could use a few more armed individuals who will stand-up for those who can't stand-up for themselves.. >:( :thumbsup:

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Rob, I am proud to call you a friend.. ( even thou its the internet)

:thumbsup:
booty

OP
OP
MichiganRob

MichiganRob

Jan 17, 2008
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350

Thank you all for your kind words and support.  I told the story as a cautionary tale for all of our safety and because I was angry with the animal that did this to a man who has to get his daily bread from a trash can.  I never expected all the nice things you said about me, because I was just doing what any of us would, nothing noble or heroic, just reacting to what was unfolding in front of me.

So again thank you and now its time to get back to hunting for treasure :icon_pirat:

Picked up $3.47 this morning... >:(all clad

HH
MichiganRob

OP
OP
MichiganRob

MichiganRob

Jan 17, 2008
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350

And BTW there are a lot of good people on this forum and I am proud to be a member here.

HH
MichiganRob

roguetrader

Nov 2, 2008

good on you mate,well done.evil only triumphs when good men (women) stand and do nothing.

B

BIG61AL

Holy crap ...some people are just freaking crazy....What kind of dirt bag beats a defenceless old man.

Knukleheads like that will get whats due to them someday...he'll try something dumb on the wrong dude and will get his ass beat.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Michigan:tally ho, well done, but with Obama as pres there willl soon be no firearms. During his term, he will select two new supreme court justices, which can be guarenteed to be extremely liberal, so there goes the constitution and the second amendment, which will e reviewed. Sniff.

Don Jose de La Mancha

T

tulecanyon

what is mexico's weapons ownership policy.

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia

Rob...Good move. Although what you did might be what most any of us would have done, the folks here on Tnet are above the average caliber of persons. What you did was obviously not what everyone would have done, or one of those other people wouldn't have been looking the other way...they would have been in the middle of it before you got there. Thanks for being better than the average person! You know, folks like most of us here are a dying breed. Too often, some incident like this happens when no-one with enough selflessness to step in is around...and it ends tragically. Folks are too wrapped up in their selfish little worlds, and they don't care what happens as long as it doesn't hurt them and if it puts money in their pockets, even at someone else's expense, that's usually fine with them. Just look at the election....

Now I'm venting too.... It just really steams me that no-one else intervened.

T

trish76642

That makes me mad! I guess the other people in the park didnt even bother to call 911! (i got it on speed dial!) Someday they will be in a situation and they are gonna need somebody! Thats the problem in the world today, people just turn their heads! 30 years ago he would of had so many people on his head he wouldnt of known if he was coming or going! As a matter of fact, he wouldnt have done it in the day time, he would of waited, like a coward that he is, and done it at night! That just shows you how our world is going to CRAP!

You are a definition of a REAL MAN!

I woulda sat there and waited for that sucker to come back for his bike. Better yet, i'd loaded it up in the back of my truck! It wouldnt of been so easy for him the next time he tried to hurt somebody, until he stole another one!

I applaud you Rob!

pennyfinderjim

Oct 15, 2008
Greenville,SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE150

:icon_salut: Rob, that was an incredibly brave and unselfish thing you did in coming to the aid of the homeless person. Thanks for the warning too. We must all be very personal safety conscious when we're out in the field. Too many crazies running around loose in the world and if we don't look out for ourselves, we could wind up in the same fix as that man was. Fortunately, a good man was there to help out in a real crisis. Once again, I salute you and your bravery.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Good evening Tule: Mexico effectivly prohibits private ownership of firearms, unless you belong to a registerd club. As a result violent crime has exploaded in the big cities. They are begining to ralax a bit and now will allow firearms in a private home for defensive purposes.

Sniff and here I am a gun nut sigh.

Don Jose de La Mancha

mpostma

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2008
East Jordan, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac & Quattro

Nicely Don Rob!

I didn't think you had much of that in Muskegon yet. Well done, sir.

A credit to all Michiganders, and mders alike.

Mark from East Jordan.

lou423

Dec 14, 2005
S.W. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Tesoro. Minelab. Fisher.

I once was verbally attacked by a man who did not like me detecting close to where he was...
I always try to stay away from trouble, so I left in a hurry...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread