you tell me!!

Miloman

Sep 4, 2008
After researching the OKM EXP 4000 and some of the other products they carry, I still cant come to a conclusion on if I want to purchase th exp or something may be more "reliable" such as the minelab 4500. Im searching in areas with lots of minerals and not that much trash. Im lookin in depths of 10-30 ft deep, and looking for larger sized treasures. Im not really doubting the capability of each of the machines I just want to make sure the okm is reliable. or should I just spend less money for something thats not as advanced but works better?

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Why would you get a nugget machine (the 4500) to look for box/cache sized stuff? You'd merely go crazy hearing every little staple, birdshot, foil wad, nail, etc.... For larger objects like you describe, get yourself a 2-box unit. They skip the small stuff (anything smaller than a soda can sized object) and only hear the bigger stuff. And yes, they go deep. For something the size of a micro-wave oven or tackle box sized item, you could expect to go *maybe* 10 ft. deep (not sure about 30 ft. though!! :))

OP
OP
M

Miloman

Sep 4, 2008
Tom_in_CA said:
Why would you get a nugget machine (the 4500) to look for box/cache sized stuff? You'd merely go crazy hearing every little staple, birdshot, foil wad, nail, etc.... For larger objects like you describe, get yourself a 2-box unit. They skip the small stuff (anything smaller than a soda can sized object) and only hear the bigger stuff. And yes, they go deep. For something the size of a micro-wave oven or tackle box sized item, you could expect to go *maybe* 10 ft. deep (not sure about 30 ft. though!! :))

Thats what I was thinking as well. I didnt know about the 2-box unit. That sounds like something Ill look into . I dont even think ill need to go down 30ft lol. I was stuck on OKM exp4000 for a while untill my supplier suggested the minelab 4500. Why not same some cash right? Thanks for the advice. Its good to have someone reply without some sort of smart a$$ comment too.

radarwill

Feb 8, 2008
Central MA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Miloman said:
Thanks for the advice. Its good to have someone reply without some sort of smart a$$ comment too.

I rarely see a comment like you mentioned here on Tnet; unless of course the answer has been given already.
Looking at your number of posts, I assume you are getting bad replies from another site.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread