How many have found gold.....

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How many have found gold in more than one state? How many states? I have 2... AZ and CA. I am thinking of hitting up more states to see how many I can collect. How many have you collected? Even if just flakes and flour. TTC

Upvote 0

MrLee

Mar 25, 2012
Tokyo & OC
Detector(s) used
Google Earth, BS Detector, $$
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've caught my son "diggin for gold" in several states and even Japan. I think your talking about a different kind though.:wink:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Arizona; California; Nevada; Idaho; Connecticut; and Vermont. Still have to get to Alaska!

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Alaska, California , Oregon , Nevada. Montana.

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My friends moving out to Az next month ...i already warned him that you cleaned out the gold and old coins TerryC

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tnx, guys! I guess I have some catching up to do with some of you guys! NV, NM, and OR are close... Hmmm, the race is on! TTC

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tnx, guys! I guess I have some catching up to do with some of you guys! NV, NM, and OR are close... Hmmm, the race is on! TTC
Old coins are still there, Dusty, but I'll work on it. Tnx. TTC

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Embarassed! Quoted myself! SHEESH! (gotta' lay off the pills while on the keyboard!) TTC

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Terry,
I've found gold in NorCal and some distance out of Anchorage Alaska. I've been to a working placer mine out in the "boonies" and trust me these folks do not look like any of the guys on the TV show about mining in Alaska as they were dirty, greasy, tired, hungry and generally friendly. They had found a smattering of fossils as well as some nice gold - things like Mammoth teeth and the front leg bone to miniature horses. The camp cook was Really Good, what a wonderful meal! It was a good time.

Good success with getting to all of these places and finding the yellow metal. So a different quart jar full of gold from each place, is that what you are shooting for??.........63bkpkr

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found gold on ebay

Rutnbuck

Jun 26, 2005
No. Utah
Detector(s) used
whites xlt, Goldbug2,
Mt, Nv, Id, Ut, Ak, Ca, and The Yukon, My first was American River in Ca. 45 yrs ago. Commercial Placered in MT, Ut, Nv, Ak, Yukon,
Still haven't found enough.

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Alaska , Washintgton , Oregon ,Idaho, Nevada, Arizona

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Alaska-arizona-calif-oregon-wyoming-nevada-utah-montana-costa rica-mexico-canada-brazil-colombia-and still lookn' for mo'mo'mo'-John

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hoser takes the lead with 13..... around the first fourlong.....Rutnbuck right behind with 12.....Terry Soloman leading the rest of the pack.....(tnx guys) TTC

gpg

Tenderfoot
Jan 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Arizona and New Mexico, but I'm right on the border. No California even though I was born in the Mother Lode Country.

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rutnbuck, just curious - where and when did you commercial placer mine in nevada, if you don't mind me asking? I have rockhounded most of northern
nevada and i've only seen one commercial placer mine in twenty years and that was near I-80 and the road south to Fallon.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread