How many have found gold.....

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Upvote 0

richexs

Tenderfoot
Oct 17, 2011
Tucson
Detector(s) used
Garrett scorpion gold stinger
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi TerryC,
Just starting but have found color in Arizona, Oregon, Utah and California.

MaineGold

Tenderfoot
Jun 26, 2012
Maine
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro
Ace350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello! Ive found most of my gold in Vermont(the nugget in my avatar), but Maine is catching up, I also had a chance to gather a lil of the yellow stuff up in Alaska while on a fishing trip. I would LOVE to get back there to have a gold fishing trip, but I am still currently paying off my last trip haha.

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good work Richexs, Mainegold, et al! Tnx! TTC

oxbowbarefoot

Banned
May 25, 2011
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Other
Massachusetts, Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, North Carolina, South Carolina.

webstar

Jun 26, 2012
Connecticut
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello All. I am a new member hoping to find some local help. I want to take my hobby of prospecting and make it a career. I have what I believe to be a great new way to prospect for Gold. I would really like to get some feedback and possibly a partner to prospect with. I have been conducting expeditions in remote areas of New England. The only issue is find the placer gold deposits. I have read a lot of the blogs that have been posted on this website.

I don’t know if anyone from the area knows of Stuart Benson (Well known rock hound), I have currently been utilizing as a well of information. The only issue I have run into is Gold isn’t his specialty. Just looking to talk to someone who is knowledgeable when it comes to Gold. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
First, Webstar, welcome to the net! Hobby... career? That is a BIG step. Not to be taken lightly. Many, many, people have had the same dream, only to learn "'twarnt that easy". Most, during the "rush", made their fortune selling equipment to the would-be miners. Shovels were being sold for about $50 APIECE back then! No different today. The one's getting rich are those setting up shop on the way to the gold fields. The surest way to make money is BUY gold coins and sit on them awhile. I won't burst your bubble but be very careful before plunking down the bank account. TTC

Last edited:

webstar

Jun 26, 2012
Connecticut
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey Terry, thank you for the welcome and the heads up. From an economical stand point, sitting in a shop these days will put you out faster than digging for gold. That $60 shovel is now the equalivant of a gram of gold! That shovel will do more for you in your hands than on the shelf. Plus, when your generating "investment capital" it doesn't hurt as much. Buying coins and sitting on them is the easy way, the real money is made in the fields. The blood, sweat, and tears you put in will result in the gold that you find.

~Hard work never goes unpaid. It might not be today, but it will certainly be soon!!!

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You are right, the real money is made in the field. The average business must endure 3 years before profit dollar number one is realized. I hope the best for you! I will follow your progress, my friend. Good luck and keep us posted. TTC

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You want to make money placer gold mining? You need to start with $500,000.00 and be up in Canada. All the easy gold in the lower 48 and Alaska is pretty much gone.

B H Prospector

Feb 2, 2010
Black Hills, South Dakota
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have claims in South Dakota and I just returned from vacation in Ontario Canada. I suspected that there should be glacial gold there so I took my equipment with me. Ran about four 5 gal. buckets and found a little color. Took care of my curiosity.

B H Prospector

Notsuredomus

Aug 12, 2012
Classic Hill Mine, Siskiyou County
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug 2
Whites GMT
Garret ProPointer
Bazooka Gold Trap Super Prospector
Fossicker Production Pan
Proline 3in Dredge/Highbanker Combo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You forgot teaching children that candy tastes better from strangers. lol

shye7493

Tenderfoot
Aug 12, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
minelab xterra 705 (gold pack)
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I found gold in California, North Carolina,Arizona,Colorado, Utah and Michigan and have gold from Alaska, Montana,Idaho and Alabama, I got a display case with vials I wanna fill with gold from every state possible. Its much cheaper just to buy some nuggets here and there but much funner finding it my self

robbenmessi1010

Tenderfoot
Aug 13, 2012
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
i have found some in colorado, california, and wyoming. ive heard south carolina is filled with gold!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread