Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
I was trying to edit the post and messed it all up.

My original post was that I see that someone hits the motherload. I am saying I hope it is Parker or the Hoffmans and not Dakota Fred.

The show based on the how they edit it has Dakota Fred rubbing me the wrong way. Fred told the producer that the show makes him look like someone who is only out for himself but he is really a nice guy. My idea of a nice guy would have lent parker the electrical panel. However he did claim it was his "partner" who wanted $10k for the panel (or was it Fred?)

The Hoffmans seem to make all kinds of mistakes and bad decisions, and Parker is impulsive, but he is only 17!

Still I hope it is either of them, but at the same time if it is Fred, well good for him, I wish it where me! Maybe the next time on the river I will hit a pocket for a hundred ounces!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

doc holiday

Greenie
Dec 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope Parker and Gramps hit the motherload.
Fred is really a sharp dude--his punk son Dustin is a jerk and will never amount to anything unless Daddy helps him out.
FatBoy Todd is just a fat slob---hope he goes broke.
The rest of the Hoffman crew are pretty good guys--wish them luck.

hmmm

Jun 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I only got per ton what Todd was getting, I'd be mortified. My tiny creek produces more per ton than they do and I'm not in a "known" gold area.
Can anyone tell me how much grams per tonne they get.
I have two sites that have a blue lead hard pann, one has 1.15 g/tonne pf gold and 1.28 g/tonne of pt.
The second site has 2.18 g/tonne of gold and 736.4 g/tonne of silver.
i am just wondering how this compares to what they have.

EvoQ

Greenie
Nov 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a hard time believing that the motor that powered the hyd. System on the trommel caused so much downtime. Why not power it using the hyd. Off of the loader or other heavy equipment? Why does the new power unit have to be installed in the frame anyway. It's only a generator powering an electric hyd. Motor? Well my trommel broke down last tuesday and i had it fixed the next morning. Of course mine only cost .30 cents to fix!!! Lol. Also is Fred gonna use a dredge on the bedrock to get all the gold in the hole or is the bedrock brittle enough to be busted up by the trackhoe? Just wandering?

TT

I remember seeing an Upcoming PreView where that Girl with Fred what's her name Melody and Dustin both had wet suits on and had a dredge in hand. I bet that means they are going to dredge and sluice up the bottom of the Waterfall. It would be great to see someone strike it big. Fred has received allot of Bad blood from some people but to me IMHOpinion Fred is the Only true Miner of the Bunch. Parker is a young man with a great future but he doesn't have a lifetime of experience like Fred does. Fred isn't that bad but the show is still scripted and I can only Imagine that being Fred and his personality that he wouldn't like being told what to say and do all the time. hence the Bad attitude from Fred most of the time.

maxpower

Apr 29, 2005
Massachusetts
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
maybe they should sell their dozers and excavators and buy barges and skiff and go Bering sea gold sucking

Timmy Tom

Aug 14, 2012
Well, I like Fred's crew and I give him respect. Now I use to be for the beep beep boy but beeping gets old in a hurry. They should just edit out the sound and not cover it up. Hoffmann crew is young and not educated enough from what little I seen. Dave's crew is a good sound crew. To much money spent for sure on the equipment. My thinking is they need 2000 ounces of gold. I may be wrong about my thoughts. Thanks for the replys.

TT

rocamadour

Greenie
Jan 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I like Fred's crew and I give him respect. Now I use to be for the beep beep boy but beeping gets old in a hurry. They should just edit out the sound and not cover it up. Hoffmann crew is young and not educated enough from what little I seen. Dave's crew is a good sound crew. To much money spent for sure on the equipment. My thinking is they need 2000 ounces of gold. I may be wrong about my thoughts. Thanks for the replys.

TT

The problem with the Hoffmans is that we don't have any information from the financial point of view. We just have to guess but we can be near sure that they didn't pay all their engines by themselves. They must have deals with the manufacturers.The fact that they got money from the investor is a proof that he thinks he will got his money back, even though he knows they are not a good crew. Other thing : I don't believe that the Hoffmans are really broke.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
At the beginning of the season the Hoffmans said they leased all of their trucks for the season rather than buying so the finances aren't quite the same as you'd tend to assume.

Mine it and recycle it!

Timmy Tom

Aug 14, 2012
Well. This is a rental store rates for heavy equipment. By month.
D 10 dozer $20,000
D 9. Dozer $16,000
740 truck $12,500
980 loader $11,000
150,000 lb hoe $16,000.

So I am thinking about $100,000 a month on equipment rent. Plus the astronomical haul rate for this equipment. Volvo may have gave then a discount but I would not think not much. The mill I work at has just purchased a new 150 Volvo loader and list on it was $380,000 and we also got a new 966 loader too but did not ask price.

TT

OP
OP
Ben Cartwright SASS

Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
Well Calder Creek is dead, per Jack.

It looks to me like a race between Parker and Fred for the Motherlode

OP
OP
Ben Cartwright SASS

Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
Well. This is a rental store rates for heavy equipment. By month.
D 10 dozer $20,000
D 9. Dozer $16,000
740 truck $12,500
980 loader $11,000
150,000 lb hoe $16,000.

So I am thinking about $100,000 a month on equipment rent. Plus the astronomical haul rate for this equipment. Volvo may have gave then a discount but I would not think not much. The mill I work at has just purchased a new 150 Volvo loader and list on it was $380,000 and we also got a new 966 loader too but did not ask price.

TT

oh don't forget the camera crew, 100 people for 6 months, these are not minimum wage people so figure an average of $30,000 each for 6 months work, probably more as are they working more than 40 hours? That's 3 Million, and then that is just the crew there, you have the post production people who probably make more money so add another million.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why did Todd just go with Fred Dodge's idea and sink money into a cut without first getting any advice from the claim owner? You would think he would have learned his lesson after having been down that road before. Makes the third time they did a wrong cut.

At least they got the dozers and the monster trommel running. :icon_thumleft:

Last edited:

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I thought the Hoffmans were bumbling idiots but after watching Bering Sea last night this group is the pits. Zeke, Emily, Scott, Vernon and that Thompson guy are NUTS!!! I have never seen a more reckless bunch of idiots in my life. Again it has to be for the drama as nobody can be this stupid or?

improvmechanic

Jan 5, 2013
If Todd's crew spent half the season stockpiling paydirt, how was it they burned through it in a week? Where's the gold from this dirt? That first pan from the trommel looked so good I refuse to believe that they busted out so soon after getting the monster running. It's gotta be a dramatic build so they can 'save the day' next week.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If Todd's crew spent half the season stockpiling paydirt, how was it they burned through it in a week? Where's the gold from this dirt? That first pan from the trommel looked so good I refuse to believe that they busted out so soon after getting the monster running. It's gotta be a dramatic build so they can 'save the day' next week.

or till they decide to invite an investor up to threaten them again

rocamadour

Greenie
Jan 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought the Hoffmans were bumbling idiots but after watching Bering Sea last night this group is the pits. Zeke, Emily, Scott, Vernon and that Thompson guy are NUTS!!! I have never seen a more reckless bunch of idiots in my life. Again it has to be for the drama as nobody can be this stupid or?

Thankfully, they have a dredge crew who got more than 1000 oz. What is the max oz in Gols rush?

ray in ny

Jan 21, 2006
southern tier ny
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S CLASSIC III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think Zeke basically is on the ball as far as dredging, but won't hire someone who can really help him out because he is too stuck on emily. Dakota Fred i could not stand for the longest time, but as time goes on he is clearly the most professional of any of them. He even seems to enjoy fixing things more than looking for the gold. When something breaks down, he will moan and complain for a bit, but then dive right in to make the repair, and not give up til it's done. The Hoffmans are a lost cause. I can't stand having to watch them anymore, but feel like i have to keep up with this stuff. They are idiots.

zumben

Tenderfoot
Jan 13, 2013
henderson nc
Detector(s) used
i would like to learn how to. I live on two acres that i would like to do sme metaldecting on.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I look forward to the show and I hope parker finds better gold were he is digging. Iam glad that he decided to run the overberden on last show. I thank that fred should have helped out Parker because Parker helped him. The bs over the bridge was crazy but Park was tring to keep his head above water. His grandpa is hanging on by a thread and just a real neat ol' guy. I hope he lives long enough to see parker hit it big. I have one question though. If there hitting bedrock how come they dont drege off the bottom would it be worth it to do that. Seem like there opperation are like great big high bankers.

Edge2sharp

Greenie
Nov 11, 2012
I was fine with this show even with all the commercials, recaps and absolutely nothing going on but drama until I learned how much these guys are getting paid just from the show and not the gold...it ruined it for me...they are just paid actors...was actually wondering if they are getting to keep the gold or giving it to the show or if the gold their pulling is even really from that ground or if they are bringing it in....i know its just a show but just wish they would film some actual miners working day in day out so people actually know whats reality instead of the show paying them to do what the show says...but then after thinking about that...actual miners would not want cameras there to slow them down in any way.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These shows are entertainment, but don't seem to have much "reality" when it comes to mining.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread