Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
I was trying to edit the post and messed it all up.

My original post was that I see that someone hits the motherload. I am saying I hope it is Parker or the Hoffmans and not Dakota Fred.

The show based on the how they edit it has Dakota Fred rubbing me the wrong way. Fred told the producer that the show makes him look like someone who is only out for himself but he is really a nice guy. My idea of a nice guy would have lent parker the electrical panel. However he did claim it was his "partner" who wanted $10k for the panel (or was it Fred?)

The Hoffmans seem to make all kinds of mistakes and bad decisions, and Parker is impulsive, but he is only 17!

Still I hope it is either of them, but at the same time if it is Fred, well good for him, I wish it where me! Maybe the next time on the river I will hit a pocket for a hundred ounces!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Albuqerque, NM / Durango, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium & Gold Bug II, Bazooka Super Prospector Sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stupidity sure does make good telelvision, but it doesn't make me a viewer. I stopped watching last night when there was more drama involving childish spats on the screen than there was gold mining. And its a little hard for me to watch some oaf make the same kind of short sighted mistakes over and over and over and...

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The big blue mega trommel that I couldn't wait to see in action was a huge FAIL! :BangHead:
And why couldn't Todd truck his so called super paydirt the two miles over to the wash plant at his other claim? :dontknow:

That way they could have had two shifts working 24-7 the whole season and could have saved the huge cost of the trommel :icon_thumleft:
Of course hindsight is always 20/20

Rick-SeMI

Jan 18, 2012
Taylor, MI
Detector(s) used
<< Minelab Explorer XS >>
<< White's Spectrum XLT>>
<<<< Tesoro Tiger Shark >>
<<<< Fisher 1225X >>
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am NOT a tree hugger.
But, I have seen both Gold-Rush and the American-Digger.
To me, they are sending the wrong message as far as cleaning up after their dig's!!
I have never once heard participants in either show say or indicate that they leave their digs
close to as clean as they found it.
Or, had a video showing covering their digs and maybe even replanting when it comes to the Alaskan group.

Gold Rush : Discovery Channel

American Digger- HuffPost TV

Bottom line...It's a filler between my three hobbies and Honey do's.
Picked up the third hobby after retirement 'cuz I got tired of the stuff on TV :laughing7:

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm not a miner.

There, said it. But I'm not stupid either...

You don't tear down one wash plant until the other is on site and operational.

Dave and Greg- keep digging. The closest thing to sanity on the show.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've almost completely lost interest in this show.

I still have it in my dVR to record it, so every saturday morning when I get up,
I see it & watch, but more & more I'm Fast forwarding through more of it,
just to get it over with. there is nobody really likeable . i suppose the kid,
but I'm not even in the mood to root for him anymore.
keeps looking like his grandfather left him with the tailings,
so he had something to play in,
sort of like turning a hose on and making a puddle of mud for a kid to play in.

I think they just need to get a new hobby to spend their millions on

fred ? I fast forward through him gloating. & ever since they brought in that old lady
for ratings, I nuke her too

old man Hoffman still gets on my nerves as much as todd's beard,
makes me wonder what's breeding in it.

Yea I Know I use the word "Old" allot :(
But I'm old (& cranky at times) too, so it's ok :laughing9:

Last edited:

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
they did pull off some good bush fixes.....as far as reclamation...Canada is strict...look at the area their in...looks like they are mining just like their neighbors....as far as the trommel...why on earth did he get it to run such and such amount of yardage but, not have the yardage????and i would be pissed to no end if i was the guinea pig of the builder.....Undersized motor????? and failure do to using rubber caulking that seals the reverse helix to the drum...why wasn't it a weld already of course its gonna come off its in an abrasive drum??????

BHNugget

Aug 8, 2009
Western,SD
Detector(s) used
ETrac/X1
Sovereign GT/S1
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Id still like to see the entire Deets operation and one of thier cleanups. :laughing7:

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Id still like to see the entire Deets operation and one of thier cleanups. :laughing7:

Me too!

But what's up with Cristo Doyle and his sexual infatuation with Tony Beets? "Man Crush" ...."Bromance" and then his inappropriate remarks toward Parker. Cristo Doyle is one sick puppy.

Tony Beets ...........................................................Cristo Doyle
Tony-Beets.jpg christo-doyle.jpg

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Me too!

But what's up with Cristo Doyle and his sexual infatuation with Tony Beets? "Man Crush" ...."Bromance" and then his inappropriate remarks toward Parker. Cristo Doyle is one sick puppy.

Tony Beets ...........................................................Cristo Doyle

I thought I was the only one who caught that.
I didn't see the deets crap (fast Forward)

as soon as I saw the teaser where he wanted to see
parkers Chest I deleted the whole show from my DVR.

he needs to be fired !

Last edited:

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
missed all of that ...ewwww

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well welcome to the liberal agenda.... trying to make kids who watch the show think it's normal behavior.
What will Cristo's next reality show be?...... "Brokeback Miners"

GG~

Last edited:

Edge2sharp

Greenie
Nov 11, 2012
Come on guys...im surprised a gold forum is talking about this show so much...I guess to talk about equipment or whatever but obviously it shows what not to do especially since most of these guys are not even real miners...I have a couple real miner buddies that came back that worked in that area where the Hoffman's are last season and they said its a total joke...when they could they saw them for a couple days and said their equipment doesn't move most of the day and all of a sudden for a couple hours the camera crew is running around and their moving then they just stop...also a rumor up there that they bring the gold in...I know they all get paid really good money from the show also...just surprised alot of people take this show so seriously...I think it hurts the trade

oldbrundogg

Sep 22, 2012
Oroville
Detector(s) used
99.00 something or other from big 5
Wow I started watching that show two years ago had fun with it for a while. Now it's been about a year with no T.V. Except Netflix and occasionally something on the computer. All this helps reinforce our decision. Besides you guys are great narrators.

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Glad I found this thread because I have laughed at so many of the comments ya'll have made.Todd is a first rate idiot and he should have never accepted that piecemeal peace of crap trommel in the first place,I knew it was never going to be right.The show is getting boring,so much that we have to watch a few minutes of each show to make sure we haven't seen it.It goes like this... Todd is back in action after the quick fix...oh no it breaks...Todd says "What the frick" for the thousandth time,cut to Parker and Grandpa(everybody say "Awww!!!!"),cut to Dakota Fred's ungrateful son cussing him out for his ingenuity in fixing their old piecemeal equipment,and that's a wrap!

ray in ny

Jan 21, 2006
southern tier ny
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S CLASSIC III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've never done prospecting nor mining, just been watching all these tv shows, but why couldn't they have been shoveling the tailings from hoffmans' trommel/wash plant into a high banker or other sluicing system, instead of standing around playing pocket pool for days/weeks at a time? Anyone? And never ever saw a metal detector on this show---what's up with that.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
because todd is a moron as a business man...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread