Big, beautiful North American Placer!! Freakin fantastic!!!

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Big, beautiful North American Placer!! Freakin' fantastic!!!

Unbelievable video of big North American gold nuggets + new finds, pics, videos added: a live thread, so please post your gold shots.
I'll add other videos or stills of big nuggety North American gold as I find them.

This video starts slow, but it's shot underground, so give it a while and then watch out that you don't have a freakin' heart attack!!

I hope you love looking at this as much as I did--every placer miner's dream come true. If you're a rookie, you'll get the fever bad watching this one. (To avoid any confusion, this is not my video, nor is it my clean-up, nor was I involved in any way--I found it by mistake after typing in a search word incorrectly [that's why I'd never found it before], but I sure do love it!!)

Almost 3,800 ounces in the last shot--fines are in the large plastic bags. 100 miles north of the Arctic Circle!

All the best,

Lanny

P.S. I posted it with my beginner's thread as well, but it's so great it deserves it's own place too.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/metal-detecting-gold/69-bedrock-gold-mysteries.html

Last edited:
Upvote 2

OregonGold76

Oct 9, 2012
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1465359730.571111.jpg
Southern Oregon Gold!

HMiller

Aug 6, 2015
Darrington, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Bazooka Sniper 30", Gold Cube 4 Stack, Gold Cube Trommel, Gold Screw Trommel, Jaw crushers, Impact Mill, Shaker Table, Spiral Wheels, Blue Bowl, Sluices, Picks, Pry Bars, Shovels,
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

HMiller

Aug 6, 2015
Darrington, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Bazooka Sniper 30", Gold Cube 4 Stack, Gold Cube Trommel, Gold Screw Trommel, Jaw crushers, Impact Mill, Shaker Table, Spiral Wheels, Blue Bowl, Sluices, Picks, Pry Bars, Shovels,
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Tree!

Jan 16, 2013
Inland Empire, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Went back out to my remote "claim" to do some heavy drywashing of tailings from the late gold rush desert aftershock of the 1880's-1930's a couple weeks ago and found a little 3/4g gnugget about six inches away from a hole I previously drywashed and detector checked last year. This area is a consistent producer of gnuggets and what I like to descriptively call chunkers that end up in the drywasher, the gold is also no less than 22k in purity which is why its so tasty looking. The deposit is one of those where the original lode just kind of weathered in place and so the gold is very near the surface on a specific line of hill tops and predictably down into the washes below, LOADED with black iron rocks that guard this gold like nobodys business. I use an old Minelab SD2200D and I love it, still learning too but I find my share of gnuggets. This little guy though, I found because I decided to bear with the instability of a higher threshold and heard the sweet indicative sound that gold makes, you know, that one where you just KNOW what you found. Really pleasant little trip, but it's still quite warm out there! Aaaand my jeep broke down on the way home and it has since been sold, so I'm struggling with how to get back on the gold since this spot is about a 4 hour drive for me. But hey, it's in a mountain fortress that many(most) aren't willing to tackle, so yeah! I'm not a very organized storyteller most of the time, especially after a little time, but I hope this will inspire. I have learned a lot from just getting out and groping the land with my eyes during the day and then hyper analyzing the data I've stored at night and in between trips. So go on! Get out there! Scat!
IMG_0409.JPG

OP
OP
Lanny in AB

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
OP
OP
Lanny in AB

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Went back out to my remote "claim" to do some heavy drywashing of tailings from the late gold rush desert aftershock of the 1880's-1930's a couple weeks ago and found a little 3/4g gnugget about six inches away from a hole I previously drywashed and detector checked last year. This area is a consistent producer of gnuggets and what I like to descriptively call chunkers that end up in the drywasher, the gold is also no less than 22k in purity which is why its so tasty looking. The deposit is one of those where the original lode just kind of weathered in place and so the gold is very near the surface on a specific line of hill tops and predictably down into the washes below, LOADED with black iron rocks that guard this gold like nobodys business. I use an old Minelab SD2200D and I love it, still learning too but I find my share of gnuggets. This little guy though, I found because I decided to bear with the instability of a higher threshold and heard the sweet indicative sound that gold makes, you know, that one where you just KNOW what you found. Really pleasant little trip, but it's still quite warm out there! Aaaand my jeep broke down on the way home and it has since been sold, so I'm struggling with how to get back on the gold since this spot is about a 4 hour drive for me. But hey, it's in a mountain fortress that many(most) aren't willing to tackle, so yeah! I'm not a very organized storyteller most of the time, especially after a little time, but I hope this will inspire. I have learned a lot from just getting out and groping the land with my eyes during the day and then hyper analyzing the data I've stored at night and in between trips. So go on! Get out there! Scat!
View attachment 1383040

Wow! What a story-telling style!! Loved the read, lots of fun. Moreover, I can tell you had a lot of fun writing it as well. The picture is a winner to boot.

All the best, and thanks for posting,

Lanny

OP
OP
Lanny in AB

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well, it's been a while since I posted any gold pictures, and I finally figured out what I needed to do for protecting photo information, so here's a few shots of some of the goodies I've been detecting the last couple of seasons:

Some nice sassy gold has come my way!

All the best,

Lanny

delnorter

Oct 28, 2008
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That post is a thing of beauty Lanny. Compliments your writings perfectly.

Hey, the days are getting longer and even we here in northwest California will see the sun soon.

Hope you have a great spring Lanny,
Mike

OP
OP
Lanny in AB

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That post is a thing of beauty Lanny. Compliments your writings perfectly.

Hey, the days are getting longer and even we here in northwest California will see the sun soon.

Hope you have a great spring Lanny,
Mike

Mike,

Great to hear from you again, and thanks for dropping in to leave a comment.

I certainly hope your weather breaks soon as your storms are even making the news up here!

We're snow and ice locked for a while yet and sometimes here we go straight from late winter to early summer and just kind of skip spring all together!

All the best,

Lanny

OP
OP
Lanny in AB

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You're my hero, Lanny! Awesome!

Glad you enjoyed the pictures, and I can see that you're off on a bit of an invention adventure in the vein of a fabrication production. Good luck, and all the best,

Lanny

OP
OP
Lanny in AB

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Had a little fun with some pieces before I bottled them up out at the goldfield.

The top three sure growled when I got the little coil over them!

I don't even think that a little cream and sugar could sweeten these breakfast-bowl goodies any more!

All the best,

Lanny

Last edited:

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had a little fun with some pieces before I bottled it up out at the goldfield.

The top three sure growled when I got the little coil over them!

I don't even think that a little cream and sugar could sweeten these breakfast-bowl goodies any more!

All the best,

Lanny

Sweet!!!!:headbang:

OP
OP
Lanny in AB

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Once again, to any that have some gold pictures of North American Placer to share, please post away!

The video on the first page of this thread is still the best I've ever seen for generating gold fever.

All the best, and thanks to those that have posted so far,

Lanny

emptyhole

Feb 28, 2014
n. calif.
Detector(s) used
all the prospecting toys
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My larger pieces from last summer in Nor.Cal snipping sluicing and metal detecting.The largest piece is right at 1/2oz. DSCF0630.JPG

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1487998812.204593.jpg
From a couple weeks ago in metro Denver :)
Those bottom pieces are what we call big! lol

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lanny in AB

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My larger pieces from last summer in Nor.Cal snipping sluicing and metal detecting.The largest piece is right at 1/2oz. View attachment 1418978

Super-sized! Nicely done. Those are some gorgeous and unique pieces. I'm not getting anything over 7 grams a piece lately, but a half-ounce beauty sure would be incredible!

Thanks for posting, for taking the time and hassle to add to the gold pictures, and all the best,

Lanny

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread