Alaskan Pay dirt

SteveDigsGems

Dec 22, 2012
Aliso Viejo, Ca
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Earlier this evening I decided to pan some Alaskan pay dirt that I bought from an eBay seller. I bought 1 pound for $15, and it is guaranteed to have gold, because the lady sprinkles a pinch in. I didn't get rich, but I am really happy with the experience I got out of it. I have a lot of friends that want to travel out to my local gold bearing rivers with me to sluice, but before we go, I'm probably going to have them pan some of the dirt in my backyard. It is a good opportunity for them to see how the gold behaves, and it will motivate them for the upcoming trip.

47036_552775834743801_545570301_n.jpg 564640_552775851410466_542883258_n.jpg

Sorry about the quality, my camera ran out of batteries, this is an iPad picture. I'll get some batteries next time I'm at the store and upload what I found.

-Steve

Upvote 0

AfterShock95

Mar 31, 2013
Elba Alabama
Detector(s) used
Whites classic
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job . I have just recently got in to gold prospecting here in Ohio I know I'll never get rich doing it but it gets me out of the house I have not found anything yet but maybe one day I will

elkie13

Apr 23, 2013
Alaska
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi Steve,
I am pretty sure you bought this paydirt from me. I was very pleased to find this on here and so glad you were a satisfied customer. I wonder if I can have your permission to use the photos as customer images?

I tell you I spent years up to my waist in ice cold water with a pan before I ever found a speck of gold. I don't know if it was the same for anyone else, but once I saw gold in the pan, saw how it behaved, I was much more fortunate when I went out prospecting. Course if you are like me, you then spend all your spare time and money going to pay-to-pan places and recreational mining areas, and upgrading your equiptment. And then, if you are also like me, you will drop your life savings on your own claim and have to sell paydirt on the internet to offset the cost of your mining habit!

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
SteveDigsGems

SteveDigsGems

Dec 22, 2012
Aliso Viejo, Ca
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did buy the paydirt from you! Thank you so much, I am a happy customer!! How is your mine? I hope you guys are doing well. This is basically a thread about your store, and how pleased I was with my purchase.. If you didn't post a link, I was going to. Thanks again, and here are a couple shots of what I got. I forgot to post these.

DSCF5372.JPG DSCF5373.JPG

P.S. Please use the images, I took them for people to enjoy!

Last edited:

elkie13

Apr 23, 2013
Alaska
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks for the pictures and the review. The paydirt sales took off more than I expected and we've been having to plow our way in there every few weekends. We then have to thaw the dirt out with a weed burner because its frozen solid.

Right now I am staring out the window willing the snow to melt so we can start mining again. We just finished building a newer-bigger wash plant and are excited to try it out. Our other wash plant broke the end of last season just as we were getting into some good stuff. I guess it was a blessing because the stockpile we didn't run is where I get the paydirt but it sure didn't feel that way when we had to shut down. I hope you guys are having better luck getting out and doing some prospecting than I am.

OP
OP
SteveDigsGems

SteveDigsGems

Dec 22, 2012
Aliso Viejo, Ca
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No problem! I hope that snow melts soon, I know how the fever can be. Prospecting has been ok, nothing to brag about. Thanks again, I will be buying more.

-Steve

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I been panning samples in the back yard and found nothing in over a year. But I still go. No water here in the desert lol. May have to break down and get some dirt myself.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did buy the paydirt from you! Thank you so much, I am a happy customer!! How is your mine? I hope you guys are doing well. This is basically a thread about your store, and how pleased I was with my purchase.. If you didn't post a link, I was going to. Thanks again, and here are a couple shots of what I got. I forgot to post these.

View attachment 783249 View attachment 783250

First off Cool Beans :laughing7:
Panning Purchased concentrates is pretty much the only option for me.

So nice finds !!

as for posting a link......

Sorry that's a No-No
only [h=2]Supporting Vendors[/h]
are allowed to advertise

OP
OP
SteveDigsGems

SteveDigsGems

Dec 22, 2012
Aliso Viejo, Ca
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Jeff of pa, I wasn't sure about the rules, that is why I never posted the company name or anything. Happy hunting!

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope the rules allow this type of post. I have a lot of irons in the fire. Its not something I would look for, like buying dirt. Its a add I don't mind seeing lol.

OP
OP
SteveDigsGems

SteveDigsGems

Dec 22, 2012
Aliso Viejo, Ca
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope so, I was thinking that this is like the posts where people discuss their favorite metal detector or gold pan. It is more like a shout out than a direct link.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the best way I can describe it is that it is no different then discussing your favorite
brand of Detector. You can say what you thought about it,
but you can't mention the dealers name if they are not a Supporting Vendor.

Everything I see above is Perfectly allowed.
as is, as long as there are no Links.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

View attachment 783249 View attachment 783250

You want to get rid of the bubble in the vial?? After putting the gold in the vial, put the bottle and cap completely under water to fill the vial. Tap the lid and vial to shake loose small bubbles before screwing the cap on while still under water. No bubbles! Remember, water expands when frozen and will break a glass vial. TTC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Jeff, may I mention one of our local "posters" as a source for paydirt.... meaning a private person, active on this net? I have bought from him and am very pleased with his dirt. I have posted his name before. Has that changed? TTC

elkie13

Apr 23, 2013
Alaska
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sorry again about breaking the rules there. I was googling how my stuff was coming up in search results and I came across this thread. So Steve has done me two favors, saying nice things about the paydirt, AND introduced me to this forum! Talking about prospecting is almost as good as doing it, well maybe not, but it helps when you can't get out cause the *&%# snow hasn't melted yet.

OP
OP
SteveDigsGems

SteveDigsGems

Dec 22, 2012
Aliso Viejo, Ca
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hopefully it melts soon, but until then, you have a whole community to explore!

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff, may I mention one of our local "posters" as a source for paydirt.... meaning a private person, active on this net? I have bought from him and am very pleased with his dirt. I have posted his name before. Has that changed? TTC

Terry,as far as I know,I am a Paying Member .....I am likely "out of business",none the less....hinging on Oregon's laws though

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread