Feb 21, 2013
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Rock Nose and sniffer belly
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The nozzle Is ready for welding
20130404_222023.jpg

and I did this extension and banjo connection for my Highbanker.

20130404_221939.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Doitlaynstyle

Doitlaynstyle

Feb 21, 2013
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
All welded up

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130405_223222.png
    ForumRunner_20130405_223222.png
    212.4 KB · Views: 370

Sample Pan Dan

Bronze Member
Oct 20, 2012
Bostonia,Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great vid, looks awesome! My iphone app won't let me like or comment though. Gonna have to wipe the inch of dust off the computer and turn it on lol.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nicely done video!

Now we know your secret;..it's all in the shoes! Gotta get me some of those...
moose.gif

jcazgoldchaser

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I watched without sound, so sorry if these were answered.

Why not just cut a hole in the 5gal bucket and stick the nozzle in there?
I'm assuming the pump couldn't handle pulling material from down in the hole? Otherwise it looked like it was running really well.
Looked like a lot of water flowing over the sides instead of down the sluice. What was up with that?

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Each and every 90 degree angle in pipes that turn costs you up to 7% of your psi/gpm in resistance. Convalution is not the solution.John

OP
OP
Doitlaynstyle

Doitlaynstyle

Feb 21, 2013
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I watched without sound, so sorry if these were answered.

Why not just cut a hole in the 5gal bucket and stick the nozzle in there?
I'm assuming the pump couldn't handle pulling material from down in the hole? Otherwise it looked like it was running really well.
Looked like a lot of water flowing over the sides instead of down the sluice. What was up with that?

The water flowing over the edges was because of a failed attempt at using 1/4 punch plate. Does not work in a very quartzy area. It just plugged and caused flow problems. It was quickly remedied about 15 min later by removing it. As for the nozzle the problem there was the lift from the pond and then down into the hole and back up out of the hole. overall lift was 12 feet from pond in the 2 inch and the 6-7 feet of lift in the 3" it was almost too much for the setup. It looks like he was feeding it a little slow but you can just DUMP the classified material into the nozzle and once it achieves positive suction the thing is a beast! I cant wait to try it out in the creek this week. I have been spending a ton of time just digging in our favorite hole and since we are about to run out of water it is time to move on to greener pastures and revisit it next year.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Doitlaynstyle

Doitlaynstyle

Feb 21, 2013
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Each and every 90 degree angle in pipes that turn costs you up to 7% of your psi/gpm in resistance. Convalution is not the solution.John

Not sure what you are getting at here. That nozzle works great.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread