I Found Gold Using My Vac Pac

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Here is a place I found while visiting a friend yesterday. Went back today with the Vac Pac, Pic, Buckets, Classifiers, etc. Will be returning with drywasher. This wash never gets hit as it is among million dollar homes high on a hillside with a 6000 foot mountain above the homes. I saw no sign of any digging either on the sides or the bottom of the wash. The only time this wash has water is during the raining season of which Monsoon will be here in the next few months.The gold came from under the boulders on the slow moving water in the curve of the wash when there is water. The wash flows from the upper canyons of which are on Federal land. All photos where from my Samsung Galaxy S3 smartphone.

wash1.jpg

wash2y.jpg

wash3m.jpg

wash4.jpg

wash6.jpg

wash7.jpg

wash5.jpg

Attachments

• wash8.jpg
    wash8.jpg
    270.4 KB · Views: 262
Last edited:
Upvote 0

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yes, you can. It is really helpful if you have a handheld one. A backpack one would be really difficult and big to make work. Basically, you seal the air intake to a bucket, that way, the blower is sucking air out of the bucket. Hook up a suction hose to the bucket, and the blower is now sucking air through the hose, and your material with it.

NJnuggetpirate

Bronze Member
Feb 14, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett PRO POINTER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, you can. It is really helpful if you have a handheld one. A backpack one would be really difficult and big to make work. Basically, you seal the air intake to a bucket, that way, the blower is sucking air out of the bucket. Hook up a suction hose to the bucket, and the blower is now sucking air through the hose, and your material with it.

Can you show me how lol like walk through

OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Can you show me how lol like walk through

Did you click on my link in my signature? A vacpac is very easy to make. Also if you want to backpack with the vac simply purchase a pack frame and secure the vacpac to a pack frame. The weight of the vac is about 15 pound. Installed on a pack frame you would have a very mobile vac that you can take anywhere. If you have questions fill free to ask in my link Build Your Own Crevice Vac

packframe.png

cv26t.jpg

Last edited:

nmhunter

Apr 27, 2013
Truth or consequences New Mexico
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
AZ, Home Depot now carries a lid for 5 gal buckets that screws on making it air tight. It is a two part lid where you attach the outside ring and then can screw open or closed the inside lid.

NJnuggetpirate

Bronze Member
Feb 14, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett PRO POINTER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AZ, Home Depot now carries a lid for 5 gal buckets that screws on making it air tight. It is a two part lid where you attach the outside ring and then can screw open or closed the inside lid.

Cool thanks for sharing

OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Does the lid have bracing on the underside as seen in the photo below? It help makes the lid very strong.

cv2o.jpg

nmhunter

Apr 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
No, it doesn't have the bracing and to make things harder they drop four wells to provide areas to grip when you twist it. The lid is much stronger than a normal lid, but I am still going to make the cutting board "gasket" to get a good seal.

Here is a pic (hopefully)
bucket lid.jpg

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Better do a double gasket. One on top, one on the bottom. That would do the trick. I want to make another, as I gave mine to a fellow member on here. What dept is that bucket and lid in?

nmhunter

Apr 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The lids were sitting out next to the Homer bucket lids...aisle 10 in my store. My Dry washer just arrived today and I only have 5 more weeks in Maryland until I can hit the arroyos back home. Planning on getting the vac built this weekend following Keith's plan. Looks better than any I've seen :)

OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The lids were sitting out next to the Homer bucket lids...aisle 10 in my store. My Dry washer just arrived today and I only have 5 more weeks in Maryland until I can hit the arroyos back home. Planning on getting the vac built this weekend following Keith's plan. Looks better than any I've seen :)

Yes I saw those lids back when I was building my Vac. In my design I used a 1/4" bulkheads top and bottom sandwiching the lid. This makes the lid very very strong. I also used Silicone to seal the bulkheads to the lid. On my thread building the vac I give all the links to the parts. Good luck and lets see the finished product.

You want to make sure the lid has a seal as in the photo below. I took the rubber gasket from a 5 gallon paint lid and used 3M Yellow Super Weatherstrip Gasket Ahesive to secure the gasket to the lid. The lid nolonger turns to the lock position due to the gasket but I know that the lid is sealed. With the rubber gromment used on the inlet I know the entire system is 100 percent sealed. The suction at the end of the hose is assume.

cv25.jpg

Last edited:

jcazgoldchaser

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does the area see any foot traffic? I forget where I saw it now, but some site showed mounting and leaving a very basic steel riffle/trap that they would leave in place while water was running. Might be interesting if you get something with the rains coming up.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions