Just call me Picaso

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just got this miller table and man, so much better then panning black sands. Overall it's not as fast as I thought it would be but I haven't played around with the angle much. Might work better at a steeper angle.

I'm am for sure catching the smallest of gold with this. Just tiny little specks stick to the plate and you can brush them into the vial.

So now I'm just chilling,sitting on a bucket in my garage with a cold beer in one hand and a small paintbrush in the other. So much more relaxing and enjoyable then panning it plus I'm getting stuff I never got with a pan.

Attachments

• 1433991193319.jpg
    1433991193319.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
mytimetoshine

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's nice DizzyDigger. How do you have the water setup?

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was thinking the same thing in relation to a sluice box..a bazooka isn't a sluice because it has no riffles....it's a fluid bed gold trap....based on the idea od a "New Zealand Riffle" ...which technically isn't a riffle....but it's ok to call a bazooka a sluice....Just like an Angus is a sluice....even though it's nothing like the original "Sluice Box"...it's still a sluice box. Based on design and and concept that most certainly is a Miller table in contemporary terms.....the way it works and it's use in mining...coupled with the fact that there is no utility patent protecting the "original" name make it a miller table...way more then the nostalgia presented by some here...Nice Miller Table by the way

Bonaro

Aug 9, 2004
Olympia WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Minelab SD 2200d, 2.5", 3", 4"and several Keene 5" production dredges, Knelson Centrifuge, Gold screw automatic panner
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I was thinking the same thing in relation to a sluice box..a bazooka isn't a sluice because it has no riffles....it's a fluid bed gold trap....based on the idea od a "New Zealand Riffle" ...which technically isn't a riffle....but it's ok to call a bazooka a sluice....Just like an Angus is a sluice....even though it's nothing like the original "Sluice Box"...it's still a sluice box. Based on design and and concept that most certainly is a Miller table in contemporary terms.....the way it works and it's use in mining...coupled with the fact that there is no utility patent protecting the "original" name make it a miller table...way more then the nostalgia presented by some here...Nice Miller Table by the way

A Bazooka is a sluice because it uses hydraulic riffles and that's still a riffle in a channel into which you add gravel and water to separate gold...sluice. Even the manufacturer calls it a sluice.
Bazooka, Angus, LeTrap,Keene A-52 ...they are all sluices... But all sluices are not Bazookas. Bazooka and Angus etc are TRADE NAMES, sluice is a description... get it?
A Miller table is a specific trade name for a water film, slate based fine gold separator made by Miller. The stuff you see on google is made by others, miniaturizing and cheapifying an original design of someone else without using any of the original design materials. The absence of a patent does not remove the fact that it was invented by someone else, it only means they did not want to publish the design to the world.

I dont make this up for my own entertainment, it's just the way it is

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So Miller is a brand, just like Kleenex or Formica or Keene. Got it! I had no idea.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A brand that doesn't exist

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A Bazooka is a sluice because it uses hydraulic riffles and that's still a riffle in a channel into which you add gravel and water to separate gold...sluice. Even the manufacturer calls it a sluice.
Bazooka, Angus, LeTrap,Keene A-52 ...they are all sluices... But all sluices are not Bazookas. Bazooka and Angus etc are TRADE NAMES, sluice is a description... get it?
A Miller table is a specific trade name for a water film, slate based fine gold separator made by Miller. The stuff you see on google is made by others, miniaturizing and cheapifying an original design of someone else without using any of the original design materials. The absence of a patent does not remove the fact that it was invented by someone else, it only means they did not want to publish the design to the world.

I dont make this up for my own entertainment, it's just the way it is

Yes I get it
.. and I said that a bazooka IS a sluice.....and due to use that IS now a miller table and there just isn't anything you guys are going to be able to do about it. As too many people KNOW that as a Miller table...your not gonna be able to stop the wave of mis-naming now that everyone calls a "laminar flow water table for fine gold separation " a miller table.
Due to the fact that there are no name brand Miller Tables being manufactured...and many designs that are literally exactly the same with difference only in size and material used.....well now that is what a miller table is. And your not going to be able to change that as the name is now entrenched with any device that is similar.....not an uncommon occurrence when it comes to tools people use.

OP
OP
mytimetoshine

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Laminar flow water table" that sound about right. Thanks Goldwasher.
Still waiting for a picture of this fabled miller table made by "miller". Not saying they never existed but cmon....no website? No pictures..must have been a fabulous piece of equipment.
Whoever this miller guy is..looks like he is the only one not cashing in. :/

Last edited:

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
"Laminar flow water table" that sound about right. Thanks Goldwasher.
Still waiting for a picture of this fabled miller table made by "miller". Not saying they never existed but cmon....no website? No pictures..must have been a fabulous piece of equipment.
Whoever this miller guy is..looks like he is the only one not cashing in. :/

Don't let anybody bring you down on the "name" of your equipment. Hoser John taught me something (again) about the history of mining equipment, but that doesn't mean it can't be duplicated or even improved for that matter. This debate was never brought up when AZViper built his nor when he built mine. They catch gold and very very small pieces as well.

I just had a friend drop by yesterday with some dirt he had sniped from a rock and KNEW there was gold in it. His first sample found two -50 pieces. A quart of material later, nothing more. I could tell he was very disappointed, doubting me and the performance of the table so I went in and got my little vial of gold. I opened the vial, flipped it over and tapped it all out onto the matting. It stuck like glue (understatement) and could be moved with the brush anywhere without any loss. IMHO, it doesn't matter if it's a clone or a unicorn...it's the best damn gold detector and concentrate cleaner in the world! Congrats and enjoy!:icon_thumleft:

PS don't forget to add a drop of Jet Dry to the five gallons of water.

Last edited:
OP
OP
mytimetoshine

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't let anybody bring you down on the "name" of your equipment. Hoser John taught me something (again) about the history of mining equipment, but that doesn't mean it can't be duplicated or even improved for that matter. This debate was never brought up when AZViper built his nor when he built mine. They catch gold and very very small pieces as well.

I just had a friend drop by yesterday with some dirt he had sniped from a rock and KNEW there was gold in it. His first sample found two -50 pieces. A quart of material later, nothing more. I could tell he was very disappointed, doubting me and the performance of the table so I went in and got my little vial of gold. I opened the vial, flipped it over and tapped it all out onto the matting. It stuck like glue (understatement) and could be moved with the brush anywhere without any loss. IMHO, it doesn't matter if it's a clone or a unicorn...it's the best damn gold detector and concentrate cleaner in the world! Congrats and enjoy!:icon_thumleft:

PS don't forget to add a drop of Jet Dry to the five gallons of water.

Thanks Jeff!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread