If your building a 12 volt electric 1 1/2" suction dredge, is the pvc Venturri Tee a

tyroneweaver

Tenderfoot
Aug 28, 2015
burley, idaho
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Gold Bug 2
gpx 5000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

kabah088

Jun 19, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am not quite sure what you are asking. Maybe a simple sketch of what your trying to do or a link to said youtube video for reference.

From my understanding on how a venturi works is that it is important to have the correct sized ports. The suction port will have a smaller diameter than your pump discharge. I am not sure if a simple pvc tee would work but it could be worth a try. I feel if you restricted one leg of the tee down to a smaller diameter it could work for you.

Last edited:

IdahoJake

Oct 9, 2013
Clarkston, WA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just built one. I am using a 3700 gph Rule pump. Works great. Really sucks well.

The key is getting the supply velocity adequate to create the suction. The flow comes off of my pump at 1-1/2" tubing and is necked down to a 1/2" nozzle in the sanitary wye (I used a cone off of a silicone chaulking cartridge as the nozzle...trimmed it back to not interfere in the wye. It worked fantastic and was a perfect fit inside the 1-1/2" sanitary tee). This created sufficient velocity and the dredge sucks up 1" rocks and gobs of dirt without slowing down. I bent the 3/4" pvc by filling with sand and heating with a heat gun, then bending it around a a 3" pipe. I bought all of the supplies at a local Home Depot. I hope this pick uploads...if it doesn't I can send you one via email.

photo.JPG

Last edited:

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
thats sweet

from galvanized Elec conduit used a bender and drilled a hole and welded stright peice, attached to the garden hose to the pump on the 5", use it when i was under water and the bedrock crack was deep and narrow, i would flush out wiuth the garden hose and if there was more materal, sent the 3/4 hose to suck up and dump the materal on the bedrock next to the dredge nozzle
now i think i can adapt this homemade 3/4 nozzle to a more portable system, thanks for the idea silence is golden

Brivic1

Feb 20, 2013
Magalia, Nor Calif. formaly Vic. Australia
Detector(s) used
A2b groundhog/ whites GM3/ Vsat, and TDI.
13hp 5" jawcrusher, Dryblower, recirc. HB.
F md-20............ Goldbug Pro / 5"and 10" coils
Whites TDI several coils............... My own dowsing tools

Primary Interest:
Other
12vdc dredge

I just built one. I am using a 3700 gph Rule pump. Works great. Really sucks well.

The key is getting the supply velocity adequate to create the suction. The flow comes off of my pump at 1-1/2" tubing and is necked down to a 1/2" nozzle in the sanitary wye (I used a cone off of a silicone chaulking cartridge as the nozzle...trimmed it back to not interfere in the wye. It worked fantastic and was a perfect fit inside the 1-1/2" sanitary tee). This created sufficient velocity and the dredge sucks up 1" rocks and gobs of dirt without slowing down. I bent the 3/4" pvc by filling with sand and heating with a heat gun, then bending it around a a 3" pipe. I bought all of the supplies at a local Home Depot. I hope this pick uploads...if it doesn't I can send you one via email.

View attachment 1205027

I have a Rule 3700 also and it has just about no PSI.
And I too have put that jet in, just like yours ... No suction.
I have found that a Johnson aquajet for $140 will do a decent job It has 5bar pressure and 300 gph

IMG_3741.JPG

jrib1

Jul 22, 2016
Ascutney, VT
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI2500 , Bounty Hunter, Keene dredge/hibanker, Keene sluice, Garrett. Pinpointed, rock crusher, miller table, gold miner spiral wheel,
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
WOW another idea for a project, just in time !

ffmurray

Greenie
Aug 1, 2016
new mexico
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
looks great, my only suggestion would be to use a Long-Radius Combination Sanitary Tee(known some places as a Tee Wye, but I think home depot sticks to the Combo name) as opposed to a regular Sanitary Tee, your flow will be better because the water will move more in the direction of the flow of the jet and the longer sweep is much less likely to get clogged because of the smoother flow.

a pic of a combo
0da070bd-dcdb-4b8a-ae6c-f24bbc338568_400.jpg

Brivic1

Feb 20, 2013
Magalia, Nor Calif. formaly Vic. Australia
Detector(s) used
A2b groundhog/ whites GM3/ Vsat, and TDI.
13hp 5" jawcrusher, Dryblower, recirc. HB.
F md-20............ Goldbug Pro / 5"and 10" coils
Whites TDI several coils............... My own dowsing tools

Primary Interest:
Other
I am still researching; has anyone thought of using a 72cft scuba tank or the likes . and making an air/ wet vac....... quiet and simple... but the ones for sale are above a thousand bucks...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions