Found this gold dust in 3 minutes

reptwar1

Jan 24, 2013
Russelville Arkansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live by the Arkansas river and dug out a crack in sidewalk, that is submerged when river floods. Literally took 3 minutes to collect this gold dust. It stuck to my dust pan, and I am wondering about ways to collect it. There are literally hundreds of more cracks for me to dig out. Thanks in advance :)

Attachments

• 1467640772425.jpg
    1467640772425.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 479
  • 1467640793949.jpg
    1467640793949.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 506
  • 1467640816919.jpg
    1467640816919.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 494
Upvote 0

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well actually fish sauce has a lot of oil in it. I lit in on fire last night with a Propane torch. I'm thinking of doing a evaporate reduction test on the fish sauce to see if it is economical. $50 of fish sauce is not a big deal really. I guess I could make myself enjoy it.

So I'm thinking. A possible cheaper and environmentally better idea than crisco would in fact be peanut butter. I found a 24 pack or 1lb jars on sale for 50c a case!!!! I don't have any peanut butter to test at the moment but the creamy stuff should spread fine on a sheet with a paint roller.

What do you guys think?

Sounds Yummy! :thumbsup:

It's a fact that strawberry jam (and maybe apricot preserves - still testing) added to your processing oil will recover the submicron gold and even stray atoms of gold missed by your homemade peanut butter/fish oil/personal lubricant processor. Atoms add up! I've gotten ounces more per day by adding strawberry jam to my pan.
You can too ... it's easy. :cat:

ScienceFun.jpg

Heavy Pans

Last edited:

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Petroleum jelly aka Paraffin wax works as does coal tar and a lot of other things.

Yes it is getting weird as usual.
That's cool - never knew they were basically the same thing. Just one seems to be refined a bit more than the other.

Dallasb84

Jun 3, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been fun! Now I'lll just let these three talk to himself. Way to easy! Lmao.

NWMP

Nov 20, 2009
Riding a unicorn in the Saskatchewan mountains
Detector(s) used
Tejon, AT Pro, Simplex, Legend, and I still go home with a hand full of clad and junk some days.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know if this insight helps you fellas or not, but here goes. I was told that some guys were doing well with gold that found its way in corrugated road culverts in British Columbia, after spring floods etc. I could care less myself, but those of you with the gold bug may find this culvert thing of interest.

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum
Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't know if this insight helps you fellas or not, but here goes. I was told that some guys were doing well with gold that found its way in corrugated road culverts in British Columbia, after spring floods etc. I could care less myself, but those of you with the gold bug may find this culvert thing of interest.
Old news son......:laughing7:
Culverts have been a target of many hunters for years.....
And not just in BC.
Even down here in the good ol USofA now known as LaLa land.....

Last edited:

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other

We have burlap sheets in numerous culverts.

delnorter

Oct 28, 2008
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
(Feed it to a dog, then pan it later.
Not if you have a Golden Retriever.
If I remember right that was Labrador. I'll bet some fish oil would extract it properly. Administer 2 tablespoons per pint of peanut butter.)

Well... You guys may be onto something with the above process using our best friends. After reading this last night and laughing my ass off, I couldn't sleep until I came up with another method using Fido.

You know those dogs who just won't leave you alone, wanting to constantly fetch something? Well, how about taking scruffy to your favorite gold bearing river, creek, pond, lake, etc., hold him/her still long enough to fully coat the fur with petroleum jelly and start throwing a stick into the water. C-mon gold! Warning! Do not give scruffy time to shake off between retrieves, as there could be gold loss.

Now breed, color and coat texture will have to be carefully chosen depending upon the makeup of the gold present in the particular body of water. Gold like the OP showed in the beginning of this thread would really pop on that black Labrador! A little coarser gold might stick best to a curly haired dog like a terrier or a poodle.

Cleanup? I'm told Dawn dish soap is a great oil cutter. Once old scruffy is exhausted, (no shaking) lead the him to a nearby kiddy pool and wash with the Dawn. The gold will sink to the bottom of the pool. Carefully drain of excess water and save the slurry in the bottom of the pool. We know how to do the final cleanup.

Myself, I think I'd get a couple crazy retrieving type dogs to not only have recovery diversity in gold type encountered, but rotate them so as to not wear them out.

Clay come-on, that strawberry idea is just plain silly.

Mike

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Clay come-on, that strawberry idea is just plain silly.

Mike

Not silly, it's science Mike.

Unfortunately it doesn't involve a day out with your dog but if you want to produce a 20 nm gold colloid from atomic gold in solution a good method is to use sodium citrate 1%. No need to go to the expense and bother of actually buying sodium citrate when you already have a ready source in your refrigerator. Or just pick up some strawberry jam packets from McDonalds and watch the magic. :thumbsup:

Heavy Pans

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Hmm...not sure I could pick out the nanogold using my tweezers. :tongue3:

Interesting stuff Clay!

We have burlap sheets in numerous culverts.
Seems like this would make prime nesting sites for critters. Don't they ever tear up your burlap? ...Or are these culverts usually flowing with water?

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmm...not sure I could pick out the nanogold using my tweezers. :tongue3:

Interesting stuff Clay!

Seems like this would make prime nesting sites for critters. Don't they ever tear up your burlap? ...Or are these culverts usually flowing with water?

please don't try to bring logic into this:tongue3:

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
The boys cut their 4th of july week vacation short to build me a vibrating grease table from an old commercial sluice that we don't use anymore. Isn't that nice of them? Real miners rule!

They ran a test on a 55 gallon drum of black sands and the results were amazing to say the least! It took less than an hour to run and recovered over 36 ounces!

I'll be flying back tomorrow to see it in action!

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
Not silly, it's science Mike.

Unfortunately it doesn't involve a day out with your dog but if you want to produce a 20 nm gold colloid from atomic gold in solution a good method is to use sodium citrate 1%. No need to go to the expense and bother of actually buying sodium citrate when you already have a ready source in your refrigerator. Or just pick up some strawberry jam packets from McDonalds and watch the magic. :thumbsup:

Heavy Pans

Actually you are incorrect! Sodium citrate is used as a reducing and capping agent to stabilize the colloidal gold. Also unless you plan on LoL extracting the sodium citrate from the other numerous chemicals and ingredients in jelly it won't work at all!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wrong again! Gold can be extracted by wheat and oat biomasses. You surely do not know what a biomass is!

You and the other landmatters crew are turning a great forum into a laughing stock! Your childish posts and constant misinformation is going to harm people sooner or later!

I have decided as long as these Unusual Theories or What ever they call them are kept in one or 2 places, are not being posted to cause trouble, & are not spread through the whole Gold Prospecting forum. thinking
outside the box shouldn't be doing any harm.

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
The rules that I read say...

You may not.... Post, upload, send personal messages, transmit or otherwise make available any inappropriate, inaccurate, abusive, hateful, vulgar, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, or unlawful content.

Biomass is organic matter derived from living, or recently living organisms. Biomass can be used as a source of energy and it most often refers to plants or plant-based materials which are not used for food or feed, and are specifically called lignocellulosic biomass.

The question asked in the op was how to collect the powderd gold. My and others have made suggestions based on facts, scientific studies, mining journals and personal experience.

Getting gold from cereal and bread using jelly will somehow help collect powder gold? Especially being that the linked article says that gold can be extracted from wheat and oat biomass. Biomass is not a food.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"inaccurate" is a hard thing to prove.
My interpretation of that rule is purposely inaccurate.
in other words trying to make a fool out of others by making them try something stupid,
or look like a fool.
If in fact a person does believe what they Post, no matter how Wrong it may appear.
It is OK. other examples would be Dowsing & UFO's some would swear they exist others feel all discussion is inaccurate.

first you would need to prove or get them to admit they are purposely posting Fantasy as real
and laughing behind everyone's backs.

Last edited:

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the linked university study calls it biomass?And talks about using it and [h=1]sodium citrate and cetyltrimethylammonium bromide,..[/h]those words are directly from the link to the study. Not Clays words but, the study he shared.Talking about extracting the gold. Making a joke about toast and jelly is pretty funny actually because it is wheat and sodium citrate...and it brings it back to actually talking about recovering nano gold...very relevant if the op really does have it and is interested in possible method's.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The rules that I read say...

You may not.... Post, upload, send personal messages, transmit or otherwise make available any inappropriate, inaccurate, abusive, hateful, vulgar, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, or unlawful content.

Biomass is organic matter derived from living, or recently living organisms. Biomass can be used as a source of energy and it most often refers to plants or plant-based materials which are not used for food or feed, and are specifically called lignocellulosic biomass.

The question asked in the op was how to collect the powderd gold. My and others have made suggestions o on facts, scientific studies, mining journals and personal experience.

Getting gold from cereal and bread using jelly will somehow help collect powder gold? Especially being that the linked article says that gold can be extracted from wheat and oat biomass. Biomass is not a food.

Chlsbrns, do not try arguing rules with a mod, you WILL lose ever time! We are far more familiar with the rules and how they apply than you are, Jeff has been here close to 20 years I have been here over 10 years. Our rules are to help maintain order and make the forums enjoyable for members.

Our rules also state "Posts should be suitable for all ages, on topic, concise, and courteous.

If you disagree with another member's post, make your comments in a polite and respectful manner.

Don't "SHOUT" in large type. Use bold, red, or other special type only when necessary. (Exception: birthday greetings, special congratulations, etc.)

Don't use profane or obscene language.

Don't attack, provoke, insult, or deliberately offend anyone.

All members are equal, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, education, or experience. Never take a superior tone with, or "talk down" to, anyone."

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chlsbrns, do not try arguing rules with a mod, you WILL lose ever time! We are far more familiar with the rules and they apply than you are, Jeff has been here close to 20 years I have been here over 10 years.

Our rules also state "Posts should be suitable for all ages, on topic, concise, and courteous.

If you disagree with another member's post, make your comments in a polite and respectful manner.

Don't "SHOUT" in large type. Use bold, red, or other special type only when necessary. (Exception: birthday greetings, special congratulations, etc.)

Don't use profane or obscene language.

Don't attack, provoke, insult, or deliberately offend anyone.

All members are equal, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, education, or experience. Never take a superior tone with, or "talk down" to, anyone."

Yes there were no Written Rules when I first became a Moderator.
several tried to exploit that fact to their advantage :laughing7:
the first 3 or 4 Of Us, & Marc drafted up a set of Rules,
which have been updated & added to as necessary

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry Jeff, I was watching taped UFC fights and edited my last post before I saw you had replied with quote of it......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread