need help about finding some law about gates on mining claim roadsok so im coming to

danec71

Oct 14, 2014
washington
Detector(s) used
At gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
need help about finding some law about gates on mining claim road

ok so im coming to the status conference portion of my civil case against another claim owner that has been locking me out of my claims with a gate across our road that accesses both our mining claims.i have pretty much what i need as far as laws.what im looking for is some kind of forestt service regulation or rcw of any sort that might talk about gates on forewst service property.who can install or cant.who controls them or not.anything that may mention about if the gate was authorized in the past to be installed by a certain person and and now that company is gone who now owns the gate.just anything that talks about who can put one in.who controls it.what does that mean for everyone elses access.i know this gate was installed by a small mining company about 40 years ago or so.probably authorized by usfs but they have been gone for a long time and now it just exists there for ever.any kind of links may help.thanks

Upvote 0

Seeker101

May 14, 2023
Hello Danec17!

I have been researching to find an answer to an almost identical problem as described by you: landlocked property gated by a private property owner even though it is a Forest Service Road. The now locked gate and road it now blocks is the only ingress to our property which lies beyond. I have done a huge amount of work and research on this. Fortunately, our situation is not contentious, and I hope it will not become so. However, I want to get this access resolved in writing with the private property owner, and may need to hire a lawyer.

Was your situation favorably resolved? Were you satisfied with the outcome? I seek lawyer referrals and would be happy to hear from anyone on this thread with a recommendation(s).

Thank you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread