Makro Racer vs Fisher F75

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I bought the F-75 when they first came out in 2007 and IT was the new untried and unproven detector. I was concerned with Fisher going through restructuring under First Texas and gambled. I've sent it back twice for upgrades (first was for waterproofing/resistance in the gaskets of the control and the second was the full $309 upgrade with boost, cache and the additional bells and whistles). First time back they replaced my coil free for a fault they noticed that I was not aware of! It continues to solve my detecting needs and I haven't been lured away to a new or different detector. To have a detector upgraded six years into production to a new version is pretty unheard of - at least I have not seen it done before. That was a huge benefit for Fisher F-75 owners from the early versions.

Have not seen or handled a Marko (zero hours of operation) but one thing I do notice is no one has aftermarket coils for it. I've added a NEL sharpshooter coil and a Sunray probe to my F-75 and they make it even better for what I need. It may not bother you to be orphaned; but it does limit options and resale or replacement choices.

Or being able to hop on here and say "I'm confused with XXX" and getting loads of help.

Earlier thread with the same question:
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/fisher-research-labs/452001-fisher-f75-makro-racer.html

Newfiehunter

Oct 20, 2007
Newfoundland
Detector(s) used
Currently own: Fisher CZ5, Eurotek Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Cortes, Vibraprobe 560, Vibradetector 720, Garrett ProPointer. Makro Pinpoiinter Used: Whites Liberty2, Garrett Freedom3, Garrett GTA 1
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Funny, Lucky Larry never answered the question, if he actually ever used the Racer....Guess he hasn't so how can you rely on his comment that the detector is a "toy"? Case closed.... I have the utmost respect for Lucky Larry with his comments and opinions since they are very informative but in this case I have to disagree on certain things...No hard feelings, Larry...

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Funny, Lucky Larry never answered the question, if he actually ever used the Racer....Guess he hasn't so how can you rely on his comment that the detector is a "toy"? Case closed.... I have the utmost respect for Lucky Larry with his comments and opinions since they are very informative but in this case I have to disagree on certain things...No hard feelings, Larry...

Maybe. I didn't see a contest as much as different communication. LL and you both are are worth listening to when ever you guys post. Larry is deeper into the electronics aspect and you. Newfie, more the results aspect. Like in my field, engineers and salesmen never got along when selling fire alarms.

One thing that comes to mind in depth, is that LL agrees with Dave J that the pinnacle of depth within the EM field is maxed, IMO. The only way a detector can go deeper is to increase the whole EM field further from the coil (boost?). But in doing that, you lose good ID info on the targets closer to the coil. Since depth seems to be the "big deal", some manufactures play with different depth limits. 1-12 inches can become 3-14 inches and so on. When Intel reached their maximum clock speed of processors, they could only create lesser Dual and Quad core processors to emulate faster speed.

I'm not an EM engineer, but this is what it appears to me, a low voltage engineer.

George (MN)

May 16, 2005
I have a Makro Racer. with 4.5x5 DD it air tests about 10"-12" on most coins (weak response). With stock 7x11" DD it gets a loud beep on a quarter to 12" in 3 tone. With 2 tone it gets a fair beep on a quarter to 14". With the 15x17 coin it gets a weak response to a quarter at 18". One reviewer said they were getting coins at least 18" deep. I will hope to test it more but there is snow on the ground at the moment. Best wishes, George (MN)

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMO its hard to compare machines unless you are trying them both on the same target, on the same day. I do believe sometimes when people come back to a "pounded out" site with a new (to them, perhaps) machine and find more targets missed with the first machine that sometimes the conditions of the day permit you to hear those targets... other times it is the machine, and yet other times its the operator. :)

Here's what I have seen and experienced between the F75 LTD (updated with DST) and the Racer...

I have a test garden set up with some super hot "imported" (lol) Culpeper, VA soil, as that it helps tweak machines to hunt in their harsh soils.

At one end is a .54 cal sharps carbine (bullet) buried at 10" for about 3 years. Many VLF machines will not hear this target, and some will hear it but report it as solid iron.

If the ground is moist, the F75 LTD (and T2 SE) are both able to detect it, but neither is able to put an ID on it. Both machines read "00" as the target ID.

The Racer also can hear it in moist conditions.... although much to my surprise it gives a "bouncy" non-ferrous ID for it - its a good enough signal for that soil I would probably investigate should that tone be encountered in the field... this surprised me!

However when the soil was dry, none of the three machines could even hear the signal..... sigh.

I also had one customer report to me (a respected member of this site) that his Racer with a 5" coil could easily hit an 8" dime in his test garden.... to me that's pretty good performance.

This is just what I have seen in about the two machines in a head to head match - Hope that helps!

supertraq

May 8, 2014
Pcola fl
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz6a,,,Fisher cz-20,,,,Teknetics gamma 6000,,"Tek Eurotek pro ,,Fisher gold bug s.e 2.9er,,Tek T2 ltd se,,Tek T2+,,Minelab Vanquish 540 and 340 and a new Nokta Legend and Garret Infinium
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
IMO its hard to compare machines unless you are trying them both on the same target, on the same day. I do believe sometimes when people come back to a "pounded out" site with a new (to them, perhaps) machine and find more targets missed with the first machine that sometimes the conditions of the day permit you to hear those targets... other times it is the machine, and yet other times its the operator. :)

Here's what I have seen and experienced between the F75 LTD (updated with DST) and the Racer...

I have a test garden set up with some super hot "imported" (lol) Culpeper, VA soil, as that it helps tweak machines to hunt in their harsh soils.

At one end is a .54 cal sharps carbine (bullet) buried at 10" for about 3 years. Many VLF machines will not hear this target, and some will hear it but report it as solid iron.

If the ground is moist, the F75 LTD (and T2 SE) are both able to detect it, but neither is able to put an ID on it. Both machines read "00" as the target ID.

The Racer also can hear it in moist conditions.... although much to my surprise it gives a "bouncy" non-ferrous ID for it - its a good enough signal for that soil I would probably investigate should that tone be encountered in the field... this surprised me!

However when the soil was dry, none of the three machines could even hear the signal..... sigh.

I also had one customer report to me (a respected member of this site) that his Racer with a 5" coil could easily hit an 8" dime in his test garden.... to me that's pretty good performance.

This is just what I have seen in about the two machines in a head to head match - Hope that helps!

This is the kind of replies I like,its useful info. Thanks for your experienced rerply.:thumbsup:

Last edited:

dbsmokey

Jan 12, 2004
Oregon
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe it's too simplistic, but I'd buy ANY detector made in the USA before I'd buy one made in the Middle East, regardless of performance. PERIOD. In my opinion, it's a matter of principal.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I buy detector based on performance vs price, not on country of origin....

dbsmokey

Jan 12, 2004
Oregon
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I buy detector based on performance vs price, not on country of origin....

How does one expect to get a detector made in Turkey serviced? It sounds like a nightmare to me. I would rather support my country's economy first anyway.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How does one expect to get a detector made in Turkey serviced? It sounds like a nightmare to me. I would rather support my country's economy first anyway.

Kellyco is the service center for Nokta detectors both in and out of warranty so getting them repaired is not an issue. Nokta is also a supporting member here.

slink

Dec 12, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Call the service center located here in the USA.

Just for the record when I purchased my racer it did support our economy.
Dock workers unloaded it, people transported it to importer,more people transported it to dealer,dealer ups to me .

Last edited:

goldkey

May 21, 2013
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta/Macro Anfibio Multi / Nokta Fors Core /Ace 250 - w/ 9"x12" Coil /
Whites TRX Bullseye
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

When you buy a detector from a USA distributor, you are supporting an American company.
When they service your detector if need be, then you have supported an American company again.
How many parts of American made detectors are made in China?
I have had Garrett's, Whites, Fishers over a span of 45 years. I now own a Nokta Fors Core and wouldn't trade it for any machine
in or near it's price range.

Nokta Detectors

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jun 2, 2014
Istanbul, Turkey
Detector(s) used
NOKTA AND MAKRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[Quote removed by mod for rule violation]

Hello there! My name is Dilek- Sales & Marketing Manager at Nokta. I am Turkish by origin but also a US citizen. I always loved and will love the USA as it is my second home. Do you know why I love the USA? Because nowhere else in the world you can have such a great diverse nation where stereotyping and prejudice are not tolerated. Just like making negative comments about a product one has never used shows bias, making comments about a nation and a religion that you do not have a clue of is a sign of ignorance. The religion we believe in teaches us to love and respect and not to hurt, not only humans but all living creatures. If you think that some brainwashed, psycho-paths creating terror in the name of religion represent a religion or a whole nation, I am sorry to say this but I am more American than you are in terms of being open minded and intellectual although I was not born as a US citizen . I kindly demand from the admins of this forum that these racist and unethical comments not to be tolerated and to be removed! And I apologize personally from the members of the forum. Normally, I do not get involved in political or religious discussions. This forum is about a product we launched. People are free to buy it, not buy it, like it or dislike it but I will not tolerate this being tied to insulting a nation or a religion. Thank you all.

Last edited by a moderator:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Post deleted, buy or don't buy your choice but any more politics and or insults or attacks directed towards a supporting member will result in the loss of posting privileges...

My apologies to Delik for not catching it sooner.

Last edited:

Newfiehunter

Oct 20, 2007
Newfoundland
Detector(s) used
Currently own: Fisher CZ5, Eurotek Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Cortes, Vibraprobe 560, Vibradetector 720, Garrett ProPointer. Makro Pinpoiinter Used: Whites Liberty2, Garrett Freedom3, Garrett GTA 1
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello there! My name is Dilek- Sales & Marketing Manager at Nokta. I am Turkish by origin but also a US citizen. I always loved and will love the USA as it is my second home. Do you know why I love the USA? Because nowhere else in the world you can have such a great diverse nation where stereotyping and prejudice are not tolerated. Just like making negative comments about a product one has never used shows bias, making comments about a nation and a religion that you do not have a clue of is a sign of ignorance. The religion we believe in teaches us to love and respect and not to hurt, not only humans but all living creatures. If you think that some brainwashed, psycho-paths creating terror in the name of religion represent a religion or a whole nation, I am sorry to say this but I am more American than you are in terms of being open minded and intellectual although I was not born as a US citizen . I kindly demand from the admins of this forum that these racist and unethical comments not to be tolerated and to be removed! And I apologize personally from the members of the forum. Normally, I do not get involved in political or religious discussions. This forum is about a product we launched. People are free to buy it, not buy it, like it or dislike it but I will not tolerate this being tied to insulting a nation or a religion. Thank you all.

Dilek is right...This is forum is suppose to be about our hobby, MDing which we all enjoy....Not a debate about race, religion, nationality or politics....

OWK

Apr 26, 2014
North Central Md
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, F75
Garrett Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[Quote removed by mod for rule violation]

Hello Dilek,

I spent a few years in your home country (in Sinop on the Black Sea Coast). I enjoyed my time there, and was made to feel most welcome. On behalf of those of us who judge men (and equipment) on merit rather than appearance, let me take a moment to apologize for some rude behavior.

That said, I have been reading with interest about your products. I am looking for a second detector, and the Fors CoRe is on my short list. I will probably be deciding soon.

Best Regards

Dan

mtsheron

Jun 6, 2014
NC
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+; and Lesche digging tools! Tesoro Compadre (daughter's machine)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Kellyco in Florida! Now I know a lot of you view FL as a foreign entity here in the USA.....LOL! Why are we so against products made in other countries? I have had American made detectors; French made; and now a Turkish one and quite honestly I value one that works over it's origin otherwise it would be like peeing in the face of a hurricane and expecting not to get wet!!!!

BTW- Each detector from each country I mentioned I have had was a great detector.

Last edited:

Nokta Detectors

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jun 2, 2014
Istanbul, Turkey
Detector(s) used
NOKTA AND MAKRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Dilek,

I spent a few years in your home country (in Sinop on the Black Sea Coast). I enjoyed my time there, and was made to feel most welcome. On behalf of those of us who judge men (and equipment) on merit rather than appearance, let me take a moment to apologize for some rude behavior.

That said, I have been reading with interest about your products. I am looking for a second detector, and the Fors CoRe is on my short list. I will probably be deciding soon.

Best Regards

Dan

Thank you Dan! I appreciate your kind comments and you do not need to apologize on behalf of anybody as each person is responsible for his own actions. Whether you swing a Nokta detector or another one, good luck! Should you need any assistance or questions regarding our products, we are here to assist.

Nokta Detectors

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jun 2, 2014
Istanbul, Turkey
Detector(s) used
NOKTA AND MAKRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Post deleted, buy or don't buy your choice but any more politics and or insults or attacks directed towards a supporting member will result in the loss of posting privileges...

My apologies to Delik for not catching it sooner.

No apologies needed, thank you for your prompt action.

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd also add as a dealer, my experience with Makro has been very good... and that the service center for that side of the business is near Boston, MA. No need to ship anything to Turkey for service. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread