COIN ON EDGE EQUINOX,AT GOLD,DEUS. AND F75

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Another "eye opening" video! :occasion14: Thank you for sharing! :icon_thumleft:

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's crazy the AT gold didn't see that......I think my tracker iv could have done as well.

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those machines are the most over rated machines on the market imo. I have done many test with the AT series and I started with the AT pro. Its a ok machine at best but has legendary status...:icon_scratch:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also agree they are overrated, however, I have a friend who has one and really knows his AT Pro very well and he pretty well keeps up with me and the Deus except in heavy, heavy iron. Fortunately, we only have two of those spots we dig. Garrett's advertising department goes all out, that's for sure.

DetectorMoe

Apr 4, 2013
SouthEast North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Equinox800, ATpro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know the 5by8 coil for the A.t. series is only good for shallow trashy targets, I only use my ATpro with 5by8 coil for trashy areas. The Deus should pick that dime up becuz it more expensive. You only get what you pay for.. The stock A.T. coil should pick that side ways dime up..

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Cal,
Hunted yesterday with my 75 LTD. And as usual got good results from the 4" sharpshooter coil. I will agree the machine is a little high strung on emi but it seems that if you notch foil, iron and the last half of nickel it helps alot with emi pops. I'll post my finds later today but I would like to see the sharpshooter coil on those dimes on edge and the flat one. In My ground, moderate mineralization it has no problem with the 5 or 6+ dimes on edge or flat. Im still between the XP and the Nox. Your videos are really a great help in making that decision. Side note. I run my 75 in BP, around 60 to 70 sens. And 15 disc.plus the notches And swing just a tad slower. Thanks again for The comparison video. Keep um coming.

Last edited:

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Cal,
Hunted yesterday with my 75 LTD. And as usual got good results from the 4" sharpshooter coil. I will agree the machine is a little high strung on emi but it seems that if you notch foil, iron and the last half of nickel it helps alot with emi pops. I'll post my finds later today but I would like to see the sharpshooter coil on those dimes on edge and the flat one. In My ground, moderate mineralization it has no problem with the 5 or 6+ dimes on edge or flat. Im still between the XP and the Nox. Your videos are really a great help in making that decision. Side note. I run my 75 in BP, around 60 to 70 sens. And 15 disc.plus the notches And swing just a tad slower. Thanks again for The comparison video.

1942 merc

Sep 14, 2012
sd
Detector(s) used
xp deus , Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have found a ton of good stuff with an ATP. The ATP is the best starter machine there is , I think . It all has to do with your ground conditions . I have found dimes nine inches deep and although the signal was not the best it sounded good enough for me . I even found a 1903 S dime on edge after a heavy rain at six inches deep with the 5x8 coil .

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have done well with the AT machines also, but in my opinion they are just easier to learn the language of compared to others like the f75.....not that they are better, just easier to learn.

Last edited:

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
People have found loads of good stuff with ace 250's too but there are fringe targets that only a few select machines will see. The more of those deep old coins and relics you dig the more you realize just how many there really are! I want every advantage possible within my budget.

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
true...

1942 merc

Sep 14, 2012
sd
Detector(s) used
xp deus , Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a spot in town I thought no one ever hit .Old fair grounds / park / athletic field now private . I have permission. One day this old guy stopped me out the and asked if I found anything . I said not much , he then said me either . He tells me he hit it years back with a then top of the line whites that cost him over a grand . I did not tell him that my ATP has found over 30 silver coins many buffs , tokens,wheaties , IHP cufflinks and so on .

I then got my deus hoping it would come alive again . Not so much . One 1924 dime is all I could find with the deus .Not to mention the place is filled with bottle caps and the deus and caps are no fun . The ATP cleaned up real well and now the next test . My equinox 800 will be here in the morning .

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Imagine that, all machines found the dimes.

Not being a smart arse, but they all work. Now comments about the AT Pro, in bad conditions the AT Pro will shine where others wont. If you relic hunt occasionally like I do, the AT Pro is for you. The ATP is no slouch in coin shooting either.

Without field testing the NOX myself there is no comparison. The NOX sounded much crisper and better here. I have actual finds I would love to try the NOX on. I find small bits and pieces of gold and silver in those foil ranges with the F75. I would not want to walk over those with this new multi freq machine. I also can locate old iron water lines and voids and moved dirt with the F75. If you treasure or cache hunt, you want the F75.

I believe I have the best of all worlds in my selection of detectors so far. Just can not swing the NOX right now due to cash flow. With all the good economy priced detectors out there right now, no way Im selling a detector. I lost hundred if not thousands of dollars over nite with the introduction of the NOX. This year will be a interesting one for sure.

Also lucky enough to own the Etrac I can say Minelab builds some great stuff. Love the sounds my Etrac makes. Still getting used to the weight, low battery time, and assortment of coils I have. If your looking to up your game, the Etrac is very good and not in same league as a mid range detector. Thanks for the videos. I was able to take some things from it.

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The AT pro is not a depth monster but has modest depths for most hunting. However, most targets that I have missed then found with another machine or had someone else find behind me were either masked by iron or I just flat out missed them. Almost all items I have found behind the pro that were to deep for it were found with my gpx5000 and were extremely deep and probably out of any vlf machines range. Two machines that did find a decent amount behind the atp were the G2 and of course the Deus. I suspect the Equinox will do the same.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since I dont own a NOX(yet), I did the next best thing and watched some experts on a social media site I like to visit. There is several reasons to buy a NOX, but the best is the bar that minelab has set for metal detectors. The Nox is light, affordable, has many options and tailored to be a turn on and go machine. The fbs does allow for a better target id and its speed allows for better target separation. I think the 600 is gonna keep up with all machines also as a coin shooter who does not need the extra gold function. Now coil selection, and depth is still a question in my mind about the NOX, but I can see one in my future. I still love my other detectors and in my comfort zone with them. They are like bad habits, and my true and tried detectors are no slouches.

Dan B

Sep 16, 2007
Windsor Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero. Whites MX Sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you still have the Vaquero? It would be interesting to see if that could hit it.

Dan B

Sep 16, 2007
Windsor Ontario
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Calabash, you wondered about the larger coil on the ATGold. I did my own test with the large coil on the ATMax using a US silver dime 5.5” down on edge. I used a butter knife to slot the soil and pushed the dime down making sure it stayed on edge.

I bow to your superior video making skills, so pardon the amateur attempt. But as you can see, the ATMax hit on the coin.

Thanks,

Dan

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Im not bashing or anything but for me, personally....I would slit my wrists if I had to listen to the AT Max iron noises. Good grief! That has to fatigue even the most patient person.

Dan B

Sep 16, 2007
Windsor Ontario
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Listening to it through the speaker I would have to agree. With the headphones, and volume set to a comfortable level it's not bad.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread