Air tests with mercury dime - five detectors

Digger

Mar 24, 2003
Dodge City Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, E-Trac, Makro Racer 2, DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the name "Halo Effect" is an accepted term used to simply describe the phenomenon of a coin being easier to detect after it's been in the ground for some time. It's not a term trying to explain the reason, only the end result.

Point is it(halo effect) happens in spite of the "experts" attempts to scientifically explain that it's impossible.

relicpro

Greenie
Jul 31, 2008
You should get deeper with the Cibola. I use a Vaquero and a silver dime air tests at 14 1/2 inches easily with it.
Robert

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
humm for a 250 dollar machine WITH BOTH AUTO AND MAUNAL GROUND BALANCE wonder why no one said anything about the BOUNTY HUNTER LAND STAR ? its older style knobs allow for finer control than the more "modern" notch blocks do. --some times old school is good

crazyman

Nov 6, 2005
Indianola, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT, Minelab Sovereign Elite, Minelab Advantage
Air tests are only good if you live in an area with zero ground minerals, all the coins are flat in the ground, no other targets are close to the coin and you hunt with zero disc. and max sensitivity. I have a Whites IDX Pro with Mr. Bills mods that will air test a silver dime all day long at 12 inches but in my ground 6 1/2 inches is about max. Copper pennies a bit deeper. These are not freshly buried coins either. These in ground depths in my ground are max whether I'm using a Fisher CZ, Minelab Sovereign or Tesoro Bandido. Ground mineralization is the deciding factor on how deep your detector will hit targets in the ground. Frequency and filter design play a big part in mineralized ground.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread