Lost ring found

mxtman2

Sep 25, 2004
Southern California
Detector(s) used
MXT/ Sunray probe
Got a call from a friend the other day. The conversation got around to my metel detecting passion. Well about a year or so ago he was out dragging the tumbleweeds on his land (about three acers) with his old jeep with rotted out floorboards. He wears this gold nugget ring he had made about 30 years ago. Well his fingers are getting smaller with age so he wraps tape around it to make it tighter. Not tight enough! He gets done, goes to wash up and notices NO RING! He askes, Will that thing find gold?
Well, after about three hours walking a grid pattern, almost ready to tell him it's not out there, I get one more gold signal and this time its not chunk of aluminum or a 9mm case. It's the RING!! Just under the surface. Ground is rock hard.
Anyway. This made my day and made his YEAR! :hello2:
Oh yea. Notice the digger, It is my first prototype titanium digger. Some of you guys might recognise it if you've been following my post in The Tool shed section.

Attachments

• Jerry\'s prop. & ring find 1-5-10 005.jpg
    Jerry\'s prop. & ring find 1-5-10 005.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 650
  • Jerry\'s prop. & ring find 1-5-10 002.jpg
    Jerry\'s prop. & ring find 1-5-10 002.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 651
  • Jerry\'s prop. & ring find 1-5-10 003.jpg
    Jerry\'s prop. & ring find 1-5-10 003.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 667

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GREAT that you could find it for him! I imagine it had a lot of sentimental value for him as well.

You did good!! 8)

Nana

OP
OP
mxtman2

mxtman2

Sep 25, 2004
Southern California
Detector(s) used
MXT/ Sunray probe
Nana40 said:
GREAT that you could find it for him! I imagine it had a lot of sentimental value for him as well.

You did good!! 8)

Nana

Yes, The ring does have a lot of sentimental value to him. He's been wearing it for 30 years and it was a part of him. He say's he thought about it everyday since he lost it over a year ago! It was driving him nuts knowing it was out there somewhere. He called me yesterday to thank me again and says he kisses it every time he looks and sees it back on his finger! He's tickled pink!

cdltpx

Jul 6, 2009
Galvez La 70769
Detector(s) used
ACE 250/2 coils BH 2 coils/ Garrett pinpointer.
That was a sweet ring I would have bee ill too. The man could use some fiberglass to fill in that hole? Also recommend that he go to a jewerler and have the ring resized.
I would love to relocate a ring for someone that way they would be happy with every hole I dig..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread