Tree Carving: Possible KGC Relationship?

Craigwac

Jan 11, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know about other cases but my own is rather different and very difficult. We found where maps are located to 58 depositories of gold and silver, the smallest of these 58 depositories contain over 40 tons of gold both in bars and coins. Some of the larger ones contain upwards of hundreds of tons. We have for the soon to be six years been unable to over come US Government red tape. We have tried to give them all 58 treasures for a finder's fee. There is enough gold in these 58 treasures to more than pay off our National Deficit and that is what we have tried to do but no one in Washington, D.C. is listening. You know it is hard to listen when all they do is run their mouths. One thing is certain they have been found. I heard rumors of these maps from a 33 degree Master Mason in South Carolina. He told us what was involved and what he had seen on paper but did not where the grave was nor the name on the grave. He believed it to be on the Broad River in South Carolina but we found it here in Virginia not more than 20 odd miles from my home.

I have seen some possible markers on the Broad River, but pretty much dismissed them because I thought the KGC wasn't really active in SC. I know Bob Brewer said the original KGC castle was in Charleston, but I thought they moved away as the war drew imminent, and figured any caches from that early would have been used for the war. I did read that J Frank Dalton claimed there were large caches in the Carolinas, but I'm pretty doubtful he was Jesse James.

These also aren't very obvious markers, things that could be natural. No carvings that you look at and know for sure are man made. Just oddly bent tree limbs, pointer rocks, and one that does look a lot like a turtle's head. But they do seem to make a trail, and stand out enough to notice them. I would be interested in hearing more. I guess if you found it in VA, it isn't in SC. But the Broad River being mentioned does make me curious, because that's the only place I've really seen anything like KGC trail markers in SC (other than Native American trail markers). When you say you found it, what do you mean you found? You say you haven't actually gotten to the cache, so how do you know it's actually there?

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have seen some possible markers on the Broad River, but pretty much dismissed them because I thought the KGC wasn't really active in SC. I know Bob Brewer said the original KGC castle was in Charleston, but I thought they moved away as the war drew imminent, and figured any caches from that early would have been used for the war. I did read that J Frank Dalton claimed there were large caches in the Carolinas, but I'm pretty doubtful he was Jesse James.

These also aren't very obvious markers, things that could be natural. No carvings that you look at and know for sure are man made. Just oddly bent tree limbs, pointer rocks, and one that does look a lot like a turtle's head. But they do seem to make a trail, and stand out enough to notice them. I would be interested in hearing more. I guess if you found it in VA, it isn't in SC. But the Broad River being mentioned does make me curious, because that's the only place I've really seen anything like KGC trail markers in SC (other than Native American trail markers). When you say you found it, what do you mean you found? You say you haven't actually gotten to the cache, so how do you know it's actually there?

Don't ever take anyone word on treasure whether they exist or have been recovered yet? Keep on searching no matter waht. Yes I believe I have located some treasures here in Virginia, West Virginia and Tennessee but that does not mean there is no treasures in South Carolina. Check out everything even if someone tells you the treasure is gone they could be telling you that so they can get the jump and find the treasure before you do. Don't discredit any signs either decipher and find out what each and every sign is before moving on. I found signs on a tree did not know what they meant fourteen years later the same tree lead me to these depositories. And yes I do believe they are still there but getting permission is a pain in the rear. Keep searching.

I do believe J. Frank Dalton was Jesse Woodson James.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
HA! Jesse James had at TWO "Doubles"; J. Frank Dalton was one... and had MUCH info to share, as he was JJ's cousin; ANOTHER cousin was ALSO a "double" & I will do R & I on it tomorrow; just saw the name, yesterday.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
JJ was KGC, being a "hard-core" REBEL & one of Q's men, during the CONFEDERATE WAR. He HATED O.A.K. which had dang Yanks"... BUT! KGC was STILL "Southern" based & OAK was "Northern" based. Yet again, the NEW North (OAK) won the NEW Confederate War; KGC was NOT amused...

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HA! Jesse James had at TWO "Doubles"; J. Frank Dalton was one... and had MUCH info to share, as he was JJ's cousin; ANOTHER cousin was ALSO a "double" & I will do R & I on it tomorrow; just saw the name, yesterday.

No J. Frank Dalton was not a double. He was Jesse James. One of the men, Charlie Bigalow that was a double was shot and killed in a barn and Jesse James and his gang used that as the ticket for JJ to disappear. He went to South America for a while the day after he was supposed to have been shot in the back. Another was a cousin of JJ and his name was Jesse R. (Dingus) James but had a different middle name. Jesse James lived on under 73 different alias.

One of the men that was at the barn when Charlie Bigalow was killed signed an affidavit that he was there when Charlie was shot and after the funeral Jesse Woodson James came to his house the next day and told him he was leaving for a while. If you look at the photo of Charlie Bigalow in the coffin in place of JJ his ears was pointed while JJ's were rounded at the top. Charlie was also taller and had more forward hair than JJ. JJ could not have grown more hair after death and could not have pointed his rounded ears. JJ lived on and on.

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
No J. Frank Dalton was not a double. He was Jesse James. One of the men, Charlie Bigalow that was a double was shot and killed in a barn and Jesse James and his gang used that as the ticket for JJ to disappear. He went to South America for a while the day after he was supposed to have been shot in the back. Another was a cousin of JJ and his name was Jesse R. (Dingus) James but had a different middle name. Jesse James lived on under 73 different alias.

One of the men that was at the barn when Charlie Bigalow was killed signed an affidavit that he was there when Charlie was shot and after the funeral Jesse Woodson James came to his house the next day and told him he was leaving for a while. If you look at the photo of Charlie Bigalow in the coffin in place of JJ his ears was pointed while JJ's were rounded at the top. Charlie was also taller and had more forward hair than JJ. JJ could not have grown more hair after death and could not have pointed his rounded ears. JJ lived on and on.
The REAL JJ had MANY scars from wounds that he recovered from, and was missing a tip of one of his fingers. Seen a "pic" of J. Frank Dalton; is NOT missing a tip of a finger...

Last edited:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The REAL JJ had MANY scars from wounds that he recovered from, and was missing a tip of one of his fingers. Seen a "pic" of J. Frank Dalton; is NOT missing a tip of a finger...

You need to find some better research because J. Frank Dalton had all of the scars and the finger tip missing also. Also if JJ was in the casket how did he grow his forehead hair back and how did he make his ears pointed?

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Believe it or not... hair on the head DOES continue to grow, after death of the body. "Pic" of J. Frank Dalton that I have seen, show NO missing "index", or digit.

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Plus, when JJ was younger, his ears were BIG! Reading the book, THE COMPLETE AND AUTHENTIC LIFE OF JESSE JAMES by Carl W. Breihan... LOTS of "PICS"!

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
... Jesse James lived on under 73 different alias...
My wife's maternal grand family (SYKES) who once ran a hotel in Deland, Florida claimed to be related to Jesse James and that for a time stayed in Deland. Not sure if this is true or lore.

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
I firmly believe J. Frank Dalton was J. Frank Dalton. And Jesse James was Jesse James.

Who was J. Frank Dalton.

I don't believe hair continues to grow after death. The body can shrink which makes it appear there is more hair.

Good luck to all,

The Old Bookaroo

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Update... DYK? J. Frank Dalton was JJ's cousin by the name of Jeremiah "Jesse" Robert James? A "BODY DOUBLE"! ANOTHER "BODY DOUBLE" JJ cousin was Jeremiah "Jesse" Mason James! AND! JJ was not murdered/killed... AND! Lived out his life under the name of JERE MIAH JAMES! Lived to a nice, old age... with a NEW family! (from one "source").

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Ace 250, vintage D-Tex SK 70, Tesoro Mojave, Dowsing Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here in central Texas, the KGC and Spanish used mostly oak trees for their carvings.
~Texas Jay
Home - Knights of the Golden Circle

So here are a couple things I know. You can believe it or not.

The KGC wasn't a masonic group per se. The KGC members were masons for the most part because they were their brothers. They knew they could trust masons. So you could say KGC was a subgroup of the masons, but not a group within the masons. In other words if you talk to a mason today, he probably knows nothing about the KGC because they weren't affiliated. If you were a member of this organization, and you needed more members, you might recruit your son, grandson, or a trusted masonic brother.

The KGC does still exist in small part today in some areas, so to see carvings, you cannot assume that it was created 150 years ago. As someone mentioned, they still are active in some places and they 'maintain' the carvings and markers there. I have a picture of a very old 'pointer tree (some refer to them as hoot owl trees) and it was dying and rotting away. A couple of feet over from it was another pointer tree which was obviously much younger that was pointing in the same direction which appeared to be a replacement for the rotting tree. Here is but just one example of this.
View attachment 1392449

As for 'would the carvings be way up in the air', the tree grows on top of itself so the carvings stay where they were put. In the south they used beech trees, the smooth bark replenishes itself as it lives in a way that does a pretty good job of retaining the carvings. Other areas that don't have beech trees but do have Aspen trees, these are used. They aren't as good at holding the carvings.

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
Here in central Texas, the KGC and Spanish used mostly oak trees for their carvings.
~Texas Jay
Home - Knights of the Golden Circle

Same in Nebraska Jay, but they were carved from stone because there were no trees here to speak of at that time. petrified oak stone anchor gunsight tree.png

Icewing

Silver Member
Jan 5, 2016
NW Arkanslaw
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900 / Garrett PropointerAT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ha you are all wrong J. James must be a vampire because he's still alive and rides a steel horse today. I hear he even bagged that chick from Speed, then doubled down and bagged a chick who likes speed.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Ha you are all wrong J. James must be a vampire because he's still alive and rides a steel horse today. I hear he even bagged that chick from Speed, then doubled down and bagged a chick who likes speed.
LOL! DIFFERENT Jesse James, a "Biker"...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread