I don't know squat about the KGC but would you look at this picture?

PatrickD

Jul 23, 2012
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Everyone,

I am not a KGC hunter. I don't know much about it other than a few books and tv shows. That being the reason for this post. Keep in mind, I don't know much about the KGC so I may be posting something totally off topic and not meaning to.

I was doing some field research on Spanish trail signs and took some pictures (posted in another thread yesterday.) One of the scenes seems to show a symbol I remember from a TV show about the kgc. As I recall, Jesse James was a key proponent in the activities. He also used a symbol of two letter Js (back to back) to mark something. I don't recall what.

Here is the picture. Is this possibly something related to the J. James? This is central Colorado where the pictures were taken.

IMG_0144.jpg

I understand too that this might just be erosion. But, I thought it was worth asking the experts over here.

Thanks,

Patrick

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
YES! Very NICE "pic"! You have "17" (number 17...?), an "X", another "X" at the HEART, "Spy Rock" Holes, look around some MORE! :tongue3:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
JJ & KGC utilized old "signs", too... looking like Spanish, "Indians"... what is good here, is the HEART & "X" sign.

OP
OP
PatrickD

PatrickD

Jul 23, 2012
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
YES! Very NICE "pic"! You have "17" (number 17...?), an "X", another "X" at the HEART, "Spy Rock" Holes, look around some MORE! :tongue3:

Hi Rebel,

Check out the rest of the pictures of these rocks on that other thread. You might see some more stuff than I did. The JJ is on the bottom left of the picture on that foreground rock.

Here is a link to the other pictures that have many more shots of this rock outcropping.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/t...-along-northern-border-spanish-empire-us.html

I see the 17 too but there might be an additional number next to it.

I suppose the question is what do I do with the symbols? If they are KGC, I have no idea what they mean and how to follow them for a search.

Did J. James have any exploits (kgc related or not) in Colorado?

I am just not up to speed on this. Spanish trail markers, yes, kgc, not yet. LOL.

Thanks for the insight.

Patrick

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
LOL! "17" COULD be 17 TONS OF GOLD... just kidding. For what I remember, JJ & KGC were in Colorado; so was OAK. Order of American Knights & Knights of the Golden Circle were RIVALS and BOTH hated the Feds (even tho, the Feds were "protecting" OAK, which was a "higher" branch of the Knights of the Golden Circle... sorta like Scottish Rite Masonry "vs" Blue Lodge Masonry. BL Master Mason = 3 Degrees; Scottish Rite = 4-32/33 Degrees. ALL you need to know is 7th Degree Royal Arch of the York Rite & Degree of Knights Templar. (HINTS).

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Per "Post" # 4; Patrick, you have MANY great "pics" from Colorado, on the other "Thread"... JJ, KGC, Spanish, Outlaws...? Dunno, they were ALL there...

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Per "Post" # 5... forgot Cryptic Masonry, which we do not have in Virginia. It IS part of the York Rite, here; and VERY IMPORTANT for MASONIC Treasure Hunters...

Last edited:
OP
OP
PatrickD

PatrickD

Jul 23, 2012
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Rebel,

Thanks for taking the time to look at them. I appreciate the input.

All of these are within five miles of my place in Colorado. This was the northern border of the Spanish empire. The area also had miners/prospectors as well as bandit outlaws. I found one of those campsites last week.

No joking, this place is like Disneyland for treasure hunters.

RE: The masonic references.... there are three levels to the blue lodge. Once one finishes the 3rd degree of the blue lodge, they are a Master mason and allowed to attend the meetings, access the library, etc. If one wishes to progress, they choose either York right or Scottish right path. Interesting that the highest level in the York right is titled Knight Templar. The Scottish right are the Shriners and the ones who sponsor things like the circus. Can't speak to the inner workings of those levels.

I spotted another set of trail markers just south of that long protrusion with the close up sections. Interestingly, the thing that looks like a carved face in that other thread seems to be pointed directly at it. I don't think that face is Spanish though, it doesnt match the way they did the mouths. The lips look very distinct.

So, am I just seeing things with that JJ shape? What is your take on it?

Thanks again,

Patrick

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
"J" and backward "J"...? Nah, it IS a JJ/KGC "Signature"... a "mirror image of REAL/NOT REAL". It would help if you could observe "sun shadows" (Rising/Setting Sun) on those "monuments"... heh.

thetreasuregirl

Tenderfoot
Jun 24, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
nice pic i see a half of a person and a lizard. And i see a upside down pick axe

Last edited:

tinhorn

Jul 28, 2011
It has the kgc signature signs... i would work it as such. Try to find a spot among those rocks meant for viewing. it may be through the hoyo or opposite of it. Find the place to stand, then slowly take multiple shots of the entire landscape. Itś more likely you will find what they wanted you to see through your photos... so snap a lot.

OP
OP
PatrickD

PatrickD

Jul 23, 2012
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It has the kgc signature signs... i would work it as such. Try to find a spot among those rocks meant for viewing. it may be through the hoyo or opposite of it. Find the place to stand, then slowly take multiple shots of the entire landscape. Itś more likely you will find what they wanted you to see through your photos... so snap a lot.

Hi Tinhorn,

I was checking out this site on Google Earth Pro. If I use that doorway shaped opening as the viewpoint, there really isn't much that lines up with it that caught my attention. There are some interesting rock formations but they are not directly in line of sight with that. The only thing that seemed unusual in this very hilly area was a triangular valley just past the next ridge. Part of this is on public land, part of it is on private land.

It has been snowing for the last couple days so its kind of a waste of time to try to look for rock symbols. It might melt off by the weekend.

I am familiar with following Spanish trail signs and am learning some of the French ones out of necessity. But, I don't know how to follow the KGC stuff. I am guessing it is similar. Just not sure what to look for as far as a cache location or identifying the next sign along the way. I just found the KGC stuff by accident thinking it was Spanish.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Patrick

tinhorn

Jul 28, 2011
Is there a place to go up and look down upon this area? If not the ledge may be your standing spot to look from... or even on top of the boulder. Wait for the snow to clear then rephoto. I would phot 360 degrees and include as much terrain as possible. What you are meant to see should be seen from ¨on high¨. In the mean time, research treasure legends and people of interest in the immediate area.

OP
OP
PatrickD

PatrickD

Jul 23, 2012
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Tinhorn,

This is the doorway viewpoint I was talking about.

IMG_0143.jpg

Good advice on documenting the site.

Patrick

senior deacon

Jul 3, 2014
Humboldt, Iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You might want to explore some of the threads on this site for Captain Logan Enyert. In the Nebraska City, Nebraska threads. L. C. Baker and I have had information on his travels into Colorado. Both he and Jesse James appears to have made several trips out to Colorado. There are several threads on him and his companions. Think that you will be enlightened on KGC treasure that could be in your area.

Senior Deacon

Wm the Conqueror

Mar 9, 2017
Danville Virginia
Detector(s) used
Only a pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go through your doorway and look to the south and west and close to a water supply. I hope. The number 17 is not good news though. A number 3 means the treasure is open number 8 is closed number 17 = 1+7=8 closed but could be another spot close by

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread