Was there a KGC influence in the Ozark mountains

OP
OP
O

orangeman

Jan 15, 2014
If they’re still active there goal has to of changed. It would be hard to think that they’re still active. They might’ve got into the industrial monopolies to have the financing to do what ever they wanted. They might have moved there agenda to a global scale with a different form of slavery.

OP
OP
O

orangeman

Jan 15, 2014
Ive heard of organizations that ring a bell that sounds really close to the KGC

miboje

Mar 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 PowerMaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Both notions are rumored to be true.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
O

orangeman

Jan 15, 2014
Another thing that makes me think of the monopoly’s of the early 19th century if they did set them up and used that money and leverage what difference would the depository’s make in monetary value to them. There’s more than enough to just simply buy whatever you need to accomplish and there’s leverage to use with what can’t be bought. I can see a pattern or path as such from the past till now. The more I ponder on what I’ve learned about the KGC the more I think they’re still active. But the thing that keeps tickling at me is I’m starting to think the there’s a secret group of infiltrators in side every secret organization with any merit. The military, political end, the government organizations and of course the great teacher the TV. Did the KGC have the infiltrators in side of they’re upper ranks to?

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another thing that makes me think of the monopoly’s of the early 19th century if they did set them up and used that money and leverage what difference would the depository’s make in monetary value to them. There’s more than enough to just simply buy whatever you need to accomplish and there’s leverage to use with what can’t be bought. I can see a pattern or path as such from the past till now. The more I ponder on what I’ve learned about the KGC the more I think they’re still active. But the thing that keeps tickling at me is I’m starting to think the there’s a secret group of infiltrators in side every secret organization with any merit. The military, political end, the government organizations and of course the great teacher the TV. Did the KGC have the infiltrators in side of they’re upper ranks to?

NO NO

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
"Bonesmen" & CFR...?

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other

Back your focus out until you see the bigger picture and then refocus. Sometimes you can't see the trees because the forrest gets in your way. LOL! They (K.G.C./ O.A.K) definitely had a hand in shaping Missouri and other states. The towns came where the rails were laid, but that was not the whole of it, the K.G.C. set their sights on countries not just counties.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burli..._Missouri_River_Railroad_Burlington_world.jpg

You can also follow the mergers of the rails and the politicians pushing for them in certain places. I only know specifics about my area, but if you hit the archives on your local area it won't take you long to start seeing a local influence in your specific area and who it was behind it.

According to the history books,,:exclamation:,,, when Julius Sterling Morton was not a candidate for public office his affairs centered on the operation of Arbor Lodge, encouraging and advising his sons on their careers, the advocacy of tree planting and his promotional work for several railroads, including the "Chicago, Burlington and Quincy." Sounds innocent enough, doesn't it.:thumbsup:

Good Luck on your search, :occasion14: L.C.

Last edited:
OP
OP
O

orangeman

Jan 15, 2014
LC have you put standard oil, Carnegie steel, and General Electric into any of your research. There was also something going on in the banking system to during that time frame.

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
LC have you put standard oil, Carnegie steel, and General Electric into any of your research. There was also something going on in the banking system to during that time frame.

This picture was taken on the lawn of Arbor Lodge in 1903 I believe it is worth more than a thousand words. Look at the man holding his hat and sitting on the right end in front of President Teddy Roosevelt...who is flanked by Paul and Joy Morton, the sons of Julius Morton. There are a lot of monopolists pictured here with the "Trust Buster" at Arbor Lodge in Nebraska City..... They are setting at the top of a giant K.G.C. heart symbol made of bricks and used as a driveway. They sat for the picture where the yellow circle is in the photo I have included.

L.C. :icon_thumright:

Teddy at Arbor Lodge meeting.jpg andrew-carnegie-1.jpg ARBOR LODGE HEART 1904 group.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
O

orangeman

Jan 15, 2014
Yes it is a tree apart. I get a chance to spend the time there’s many strange little things going on in the area around this tree. Within a 1/2 mile area or so. I’ll get the pictures of the stuff I’ve seen. I’ve got pictures of a small part of all the stuff in this area. I need a large topo map of about ten miles of this area. I’d record it all on it so someone else could find the stuff in the future. I myself have went off word of mouth and found many things the old timers told me of when I was a kid. It is amazing at how much of what they said I thought was just stories turns out to be true. Still have to find two holes which are a good hike just to the general area they’re in. One has no bottom according to the stories.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get a couple of the 2.5 Minute Topo maps.. They cover about five square miles each. They can be picked up and bought usually at any ranger station. They can also be ordered on line.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for that info franklin

I like Google Earth these days. You get on there you can go back for photos of the ground during different seasons and years usually about 25 years back. You can measure and leave lines and save them. Or circle a place of interest then go to Google Maps and see how to get there. It is really better than topo-maps or road maps. And it is free all you have to do is download it. Good luck.

I forgot you can also take old maps and overlay them on the ground to see places of interest from then to now.

miboje

Mar 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 PowerMaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I forgot you can also take old maps and overlay them on the ground to see places of interest from then to now.
Yes. This is a very cool thing to do, but the matching part of doing the overlay can be a bit frustrating.

senior deacon

Jul 3, 2014
Humboldt, Iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gentleman for what it's worth. I keep a lot of the old maps loaded on my I pad and Kindle when I go out in the field. There are several sites that will let you download maps. The earliest aerial maps have help me locate some prime and virgin coins hunting ground some on public lands. If those two tablets are fully charged they will last a couple of days and you don't even want to know how many maps I have on them. They have become a valuable aide in my metal detecting hobby. They fit flat in my bag and can and have taken a beating at times. I will say a cover to them is a must. Don't count out your smartphone. I use a cheap one and can use my 4G network to browse if needed which is seldom.

Senior Deacon

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
I use Base Camp, Google Earth Pro, and my trusty Garman 60CSx. Between the two programs, you can make up for the automatic random marginal error in the Garman. Some of the old maps are good too if you can get your hands on them, especially when counties have been reshaped and renamed. I would like to have a good surveying outfit to work with in the field, there are some cool things available on the market nowadays if a guy has the dough to pay for them.

L.C.:icon_thumleft:

Last edited:

senior deacon

Jul 3, 2014
Humboldt, Iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some Words of Wisdom

L. C. And others, a GPS is helpful I have found that some areas my old Metal Detector will tell you if you are on the right spot. Have been hunting for a old ice skating pond that was down the hill from the abandoned college. The maps were off almost a half block. I found it with the help of my metal detector. They quit using it about 1905 no one is alive to remember it all i had was a old city plat from 1895 and a few sketchy newspaper articles from that time period. After hunting for a month in a area the size of two city blocks I was able to find it. Because of the junk which are now relics and the coins found dating from the years used we now know for sure where it was. The only thing that tipped me that I might be close was a very small rise of ground.

Never take everything on a map as absolute. Early map makers especially town plat maps are notorious for errors the draftman was paid by the map not by the hour. Some of my maps are hand drawn from memory some from folks older than I who can't remember what they had for breakfast. K Von M told me to spend more time researching than field work. In forty years in this game I found out he was right. There are clues out there, it's just to find the right spot and X doesn't Always mark the spot.

Now off the soap box and back to the coffee and next project.

Senior Deacon

OP
OP
O

orangeman

Jan 15, 2014
Thank you for the lesson I’ll be trying to use one of those systems on my site. I’m not very tech savvy.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread